Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 26, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
What are the “go to” rims these days? I’ve been out of the loop for a couple years.
I would go with DT Swiss EX471.

Posted: Oct 26, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
cheezitsprocket wrote:
Does anyone know about silicon bronze welded frames? I rode a bmx frame made like that in spain once, and i saw the DH bike here on PB that was welded with bronze. Sounds cool but isnt being applied much. Is it weaker than regular chromoly frames ?
You mean brazed?

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 2:18 Quote
Nobble wrote:
cheezitsprocket wrote:
Does anyone know about silicon bronze welded frames? I rode a bmx frame made like that in spain once, and i saw the DH bike here on PB that was welded with bronze. Sounds cool but isnt being applied much. Is it weaker than regular chromoly frames ?
You mean brazed?
Seems likely

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
keju wrote:
Been riding mountain bikes awhile, but this is my first dirt jumper, that I just built. I kind of splurged on some components... Identiti Dr Jekyl frame, Industry Nine wheels, Next R cranks, Fox...

Thanks for posting this up, I just placed an order for my custom wheel build on my first dirt jumper a couple days ago. Originally chose the 305’s and saw you went with the Grade 300’s, didn’t know much about them until I read your post yesterday and started looking into it. Sounds like a better rim for a dirt jumper build. Switched up my order, hopefully 2 weeks or so until it’s complete.

And as everyone else said, sick build!

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
Hi guys, here's my first Dj bike. A Polygon Trid.

The guy at the bike shop modified the stem top cap in order to let the front brake cable to pass through. So now I'm forced to learn the barspin, no excuses Big Grin

Here I uploaded more photos: http://www.pinkbike.com/u/Giona4/album/Polygon-Trid/

Polygon Trid 2019 Fork X-Fusion Slant RC 100mm Crank Samox TAF15-D32A 32T 170MM Cassette 14T cog Pedals Nukeproof Horizon Pro Copper color Saddle Polygon Pivotal Handlebar stem Polygon 40mm modified cap to let the front brake hose pass Handlebar Polygon 750mm Grips DMR Deathgrip Soft Thick Brakes Shimano 365 - MT201 160mm discs Wheels WTB SX25 26 Tires Schwalbe Table Top 2.25 Skinwall Protective films Forkover Elephant Guard

Polygon Trid 2019 Fork X-Fusion Slant RC 100mm Crank Samox TAF15-D32A 32T 170MM Cassette 14T cog Pedals Nukeproof Horizon Pro Copper color Saddle Polygon Pivotal Handlebar stem Polygon 40mm modified cap to let the front brake hose pass Handlebar Polygon 750mm Grips DMR Deathgrip Soft Thick Brakes Shimano 365 - MT201 160mm discs Wheels WTB SX25 26 Tires Schwalbe Table Top 2.25 Skinwall Protective films Forkover Elephant Guard

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
What are the “go to” rims these days? I’ve been out of the loop for a couple years.

I had an NS Enigma Dynamal Roll and it was rock solid. Light, secure bead seat, builds up nice. Only reason I replaced it was to go carbon (which I'd also highly recommend but it's kinda silly money)

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
crs-one wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:

I had an NS Enigma Dynamal Roll and it was rock solid. Light, secure bead seat, builds up nice. Only reason I replaced it was to go carbon (which I'd also highly recommend but it's kinda silly money)

What carbon rims are you using/what would you recommend?

Whats the pros to riding carbon rims for dirt jumps?

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
crs-one wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:

rheeder uses weareone carbon discs

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
crs-one wrote:

CR also runs weareone composites, but his are custom I think

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Basically this. WeAreOne Coup rims, one of mine was drilled 36h to match my freecoaster.

Pros: pretty good weight, ridiculous stiffness, extremely secure bead shelf (up to and including higher pressures than your typical carbon mtb rim), and utter resilience. You ever bend a rim and then f*ck your spoke tension up trying to pull it back straight? This rim doesn't bend. Under large impacts it'll flex a bit and return to where it was. Ever land really sideways and either pinch flat or unbead the tire? This rim is wide and aggressive enough that the tire just doesn't move. Lifetime warranty, I guess unless they DC the rim.

Cons: almost uncomfortably stiff when run with high tire pressure. Costs a loooooooot. That's about it.

"Worth it" is tough to quantify however I'll say that since building the wheels in the summer, I've put my bike through some shit. I've broken cranks, half a dozen pedals, cracked the frame some more, and probably more that I'm forgetting. The wheels are rock solid and arrow straight. And the front wheel only weighs 670g.

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 2:41 Quote
Giona4 wrote:

Great to see another Trid floating around Cool

It's my first DJ too and more than happy with what you get for the $. It wasn't until I saw a photo I took and was looking at it from a different direction that Trid is backwards for Dirt Big Grin I'm slow ...

Mine has Argles on the front, which could be a region thing or what they have to throw on at the factory. They seem to have been thru some Marzocs --- Argles --- XFusions in a short time while I've been looking at the product runs. Hard to find this level forks at a OEM level these days.

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 2:43 Quote
I thought polygon only made DJers for their pro riders

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 3:15 Quote
gsxrboy wrote:
Giona4 wrote:

Great to see another Trid floating around Cool

It's my first DJ too and more than happy with what you get for the $. It wasn't until I saw a photo I took and was looking at it from a different direction that Trid is backwards for Dirt Big Grin I'm slow ...

Mine has Argles on the front, which could be a region thing or what they have to throw on at the factory. They seem to have been thru some Marzocs --- Argles --- XFusions in a short time while I've been looking at the product runs. Hard to find this level forks at a OEM level these days.

I'm super happy with the Trid too. I was tempted by the Saracen CR2 or the DMR Sect, they are cheaper but both have entry level forks.

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I thought polygon only made DJers for their pro riders

No, they're available for everyone Smile

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 3:46 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Metro-Gnome wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

Basically this. WeAreOne Coup rims, one of mine was drilled 36h to match my freecoaster.

Pros: pretty good weight, ridiculous stiffness, extremely secure bead shelf (up to and including higher pressures than your typical carbon mtb rim), and utter resilience. You ever bend a rim and then f*ck your spoke tension up trying to pull it back straight? This rim doesn't bend. Under large impacts it'll flex a bit and return to where it was. Ever land really sideways and either pinch flat or unbead the tire? This rim is wide and aggressive enough that the tire just doesn't move. Lifetime warranty, I guess unless they DC the rim.

Cons: almost uncomfortably stiff when run with high tire pressure. Costs a loooooooot. That's about it.

"Worth it" is tough to quantify however I'll say that since building the wheels in the summer, I've put my bike through some shit. I've broken cranks, half a dozen pedals, cracked the frame some more, and probably more that I'm forgetting. The wheels are rock solid and arrow straight. And the front wheel only weighs 670g.

Thanks for the information.
I honestly don’t ride as hard as you- no roof drop 360’s for me.

Im not looking to buy any, was more just curious. Maybe one day though

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.078664
Mobile Version of Website