Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

Thanks mate. Pretty risky buy if I don't know the year!

What's that marzocchi fork on your majesty by the way? Is it any good?

Yeah I believe it was 2012 when they changed the fork decals to the newer style (back then). 2013 is the year they went to the air spring design that couldn't be lowered to 100mm.

The fork on my Maj is a Marzocchi 55R......coil fork with air assist that I lowered to 100mm. From what I heard from a buddy that did it, you can even take the coil out and use it as an air fork.....I'm a coil fan myself. Anyway, I love it. I have two of them, the other one is on my Pride Street.

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
wrote:
Draggon wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

Yeah I believe it was 2012 when they changed the fork decals to the newer style (back then). 2013 is the year they went to the air spring design that couldn't be lowered to 100mm.

The fork on my Maj is a Marzocchi 55R......coil fork with air assist that I lowered to 100mm. From what I heard from a buddy that did it, you can even take the coil out and use it as an air fork.....I'm a coil fan myself. Anyway, I love it. I have two of them, the other one is on my Pride Street.

That's the one mate. I'm after a 2012 model 36 float. They come up really cheap in the UK and would love a set for my Absolut. Most ads never state the year they are though!! I might do a buy and chance it, could always sell them on.

After clicking through your pics, all your bikes are very nice!

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
wrote:
Draggon wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

Yes you can run them air only. I did the same with an R on my Babah way back in the day, great stiff fork for dirt and street if not for a bit heavy and harder to find cheap these days

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
Check out this interesting bike for sale here in CO...never seen anything like it myself. And before anyone slams me NO I am not the seller, just wanted to share.
https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/brighton-why-cycle-tf-dirt-jump/7011694432.html

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
Pretty pumped, I’ve been slowly acquiring parts for a new jump bike and it should be finished this week I’ll have some pics to post up soon.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 21:37 Quote
update after a couple seasons

Shonky
Shonky
Shonky
Shonky
Shonky
Shonky

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
That’s a funny looking rotor- what is it?

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
Swapped the skinwalls for black

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
That’s a funny looking rotor- what is it?

Looks like carbon fibre

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
[Quote="alexeyter"]update after a couple seasons

Shonky

Dope build man, but those tires are heavy af, why not DTHs ? They are like half lighter (foldable version 2,15)
And why the bashguard ? Smile

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
Dope build man, but those tires are heavy af, why not DTHs ? They are like half lighter (foldable version 2,15)
I didn't know these tires are heavy but they are unbelievable on asphalt pump tracks, very good on street and skatepark and now I've been dirt jumping with them as well with great success. Plus I think they looks awesome. And before I was running holly rollers 2.4 The bashguard is there for when case shit lol. the mount is there might as well use it

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
tulipanek wrote:
I didn't know these tires are heavy but they are unbelievable on asphalt pump tracks, very good on street and skatepark and now I've been dirt jumping with them as well with great success. Plus I think they looks awesome. And before I was running holly rollers 2.4 The bashguard is there for when case shit lol. the mount is there might as well use it

Thanks for the answers man, I run DTHs in foldable version 2,15 width and they are like 540g for one, so super light, super fast on pumptracks and also rolls suepr fast on dirt jumps and street etc, even in the park i'm not losing any speed. My Dartmoor 26 PLayer 2015 also have ISCG 05 mount, might try a bashguard too, but I dont case often Big Grin

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
It was nice last week, hope the Spring come back soon.

Frame Dartmoor Two6Player 2016 size Long Fork Rock Shox Argyle RCT solo air 100mm Headset Cane Creek Forty 1 1 8 Handlebar Other Commencal 30mm riser cut down to 720mm Stem Truvativ Holzfeller 40mm Grips Sensus DISISDABOSS Brakes Shimano Deore M6000 Sram Centerline 160mm rotor Ice Tech metallic pads Brake Levers Shimano Deore M6000 Cranks Shimano Saint 165mm 68 73 Chainrings Sprocket Other Darmoor Totem 32t Bottom Bracket Shimano 68 73 Chain KMC singlespeed chain Cassette Rear Cog Other 13t cog singlespeed Pedals Chromag Contact Front Rim Other Commencal DJ front wheelset 26 23mm inner width - 30mm outer 32 holes Rear Rim Other Remerx Bravedisc 26 23mm inner width - 30mm outer 32 holes Hubs Hope Technology Pro 4 Trial SS rear hub 10x135 stock Commencal DJ wheelset 20x110 hub Spokes DT Swiss Competition Spokes DT Swiss Brass Nipples Front Tire Maxxis Ikon 2.2 26 folding Rear Tire Maxxis DTH 2.15 26 folding Saddle Chromag Overture Semenuk Seatpost Other 27 2 Seatpost Clamp Other Dartmoor Loop 31 8 bolted Weight 11 30 KG

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
That spot looks peaceful.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
aaronofGROOVE wrote:
Swapped the skinwalls for black

How do you like the faction so far. I got the frame, just waiting for money and parts to build it.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032039
Mobile Version of Website