Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
[Quote="alexeyter"]update after a couple seasons

Any way you could comment on that rotor?
Where did you get it, and does it brake well?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
yeah that thing looks sick

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
angushall19 wrote:
aaronofGROOVE wrote:
Swapped the skinwalls for black

How do you like the faction so far. I got the frame, just waiting for money and parts to build it.
No complaints here!

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
tulipanek wrote:
Dope build man, but those tires are heavy af, why not DTHs ? They are like half lighter (foldable version 2,15)
And why the bashguard ? Smile
I didn't know these tires are heavy but they are unbelievable on asphalt pump tracks, very good on street and skatepark and now I've been dirt jumping with them as well with great success. Plus I think they looks awesome. And before I was running holly rollers 2.4 The bashguard is there for when case shit lol. the mount is there might as well use it

Thanks for the answers man, I run DTHs in foldable version 2,15 width and they are like 540g for one, so super light, super fast on pumptracks and also rolls suepr fast on dirt jumps and street etc, even in the park i'm not losing any speed. My Dartmoor 26 PLayer 2015 also have ISCG 05 mount, might try a bashguard too, but I dont case often Big Grin
didn't realize my tires were over 1kg each, thanks for the tip, I might look to change them. And my bashguard is an xc version that I cut the top off of.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
tulipanek wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
I didn't know these tires are heavy but they are unbelievable on asphalt pump tracks, very good on street and skatepark and now I've been dirt jumping with them as well with great success. Plus I think they looks awesome. And before I was running holly rollers 2.4 The bashguard is there for when case shit lol. the mount is there might as well use it

Thanks for the answers man, I run DTHs in foldable version 2,15 width and they are like 540g for one, so super light, super fast on pumptracks and also rolls suepr fast on dirt jumps and street etc, even in the park i'm not losing any speed. My Dartmoor 26 PLayer 2015 also have ISCG 05 mount, might try a bashguard too, but I dont case often Big Grin
didn't realize my tires were over 1kg each, thanks for the tip, I might look to change them. And my bashguard is an xc version that I cut the top off of.

I used to run holy rollers and recently switched to table tops...lost about a pound! Night and day difference in feel, but I do sort of miss the durability of the holy rollers.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
tulipanek wrote:
alexeyter wrote:

If you switch to those DTH's in foldable version and 2,15 width you will likely save like 1KG over on your bike and btw your wheels will turn faster than ever. Just try it and you will see Smile

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
Help me Pinkbike...I'm interested in running Odyssey Thunderbolt cranks on my Specialized P26. I can't figure out if I will have an issue with spindle length or not, anyone know?
Here are the cranks: https://shop.odysseybmx.com/products/thunderbolt-cranks-plus

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
Dont run thunderbolts if you can avoid them. They offer nothing extra.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Dont run thunderbolts if you can avoid them. They offer nothing extra.

Care to offer anymore detail?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
What more details would you like?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
sherbet wrote:
What more details would you like?

As to your opinion.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
They don't offer any advantage over traditional crank systems. They're not lighter, they're not stronger, and they're certainly not easier to work with. You're basically shoehorning yourself into a single system where if anything goes wrong, you need a bespoke part to fix it, rather than an off the shelf standard part.

Say you damage the spindle. You need a new crankset. You damage the wedge system or lose a wedge, you cannot sue a standard system to remount it. The bolts are even one off to a degree.

And for what benefit? There's lighter, stronger, and less ankle biting cranks available for similar pricing.

If you already have them, I don't have any information if they'll fit or not, but if you're shopping into them, I'd just look elsewhere and then you can get a 48 spline spindle and be 110% sure it'll work on the frame.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
They don't offer any advantage over traditional crank systems. They're not lighter, they're not stronger, and they're certainly not easier to work with. You're basically shoehorning yourself into a single system where if anything goes wrong, you need a bespoke part to fix it, rather than an off the shelf standard part.

Say you damage the spindle. You need a new crankset. You damage the wedge system or lose a wedge, you cannot sue a standard system to remount it. The bolts are even one off to a degree.

And for what benefit? There's lighter, stronger, and less ankle biting cranks available for similar pricing.

If you already have them, I don't have any information if they'll fit or not, but if you're shopping into them, I'd just look elsewhere and then you can get a 48 spline spindle and be 110% sure it'll work on the frame.

I appreciate the feedback, those are valid points. They do have a lifetime warranty but in a rush I'm sure it would be frustrating to replace anything. I haven't purchased anything, just looking at options.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
Ya I lost the wedge once. $50 to replace, was a fun time. Buy some profiles and you're set.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I appreciate the feedback, those are valid points. They do have a lifetime warranty but in a rush I'm sure it would be frustrating to replace anything. I haven't purchased anything, just looking at options.

Warranty does not cover crash replacement in my experience. If you have a defect, you'll know within weeks and that's easy to deal with. Actual riding abuse; you're on your own.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018788
Mobile Version of Website