Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
I've come by a set of the original Oddessy Wombolts, FK knows how old,over 10 years? FK knows how many owners and/or cack handed mechs thye've been through. Gave em a good clean an re'grease and They're FINE! totally bombproof! wedges are in top condition which I know the early wombolts had some problems with but, I'm more inclined to think it was derpy mechs that had a problem with them.

I know from my shop days that Oddessy's warranties are fantastic!! name me one other company that gives life time warranties on BMX STREET parts?

I really wish Hazard lite rims came in 26!!
Alot of the times,it is the hacks who do not follow the instructions on how to install the cranks,reason why they fail and give them a bad name.It is usually the arrogant know it all bike mechanics that screw up the installs.

I too can only dream about Odyssey making their bombproof rims in 26" 32 designs.If it were to hapen,they will pretty much corner the 26" rim market.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
I had the first gen wombolts when they landed in Canada, IIRC I actually had the first set that ever sold in country. They were a decent crank.

They still offered literally nothing over the competition while being bespoke.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
Damn I thought people were talking about dirt jump bikes.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:
Pics of the new bike, pretty stoked on how it turned out.
]
super clean

Thanks man.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
[Quote="tulipanek"]
omtimasprime wrote:
photo

Your build is really nice !!! I like it
Btw. didnt know that Hope made Pro 4 Trial/SS hub in 142x12 thru axle version, I myselft have bolt on Pro 4 Trial/SS 135x10. Good choice man !!!

Thanks dude, and yeah as quoted above. It’s just an axle conversion that hope supply’s.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
how do you compare the jackal to other frames You have owned previous

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
Jumping back onto the topic of Cranks for a mo, I was thinking of grabbing some Premium 1948 Cranks, brand new, and local for cheap.

They have a large flat surface for the sprocket to sit against, (although I plan to go spline drive again anyways) and I've had some premium parts before and they seem fine. anyone have any call-outs against them, or any other 1up suggestions? (19mm/SD/blek)

Also can someone point me in the direction of some NS districts in black PLEASE! Smile

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I had the first gen wombolts when they landed in Canada, IIRC I actually had the first set that ever sold in country. They were a decent crank.

To be fair, a lot of MTB parts are the same way though.

What makes a SRAM direct mount chainring better than raceface cinch or 4x104? You can't swap parts between 95% of MTB cranksets and yet we live with it.

If it's a reliable product with decent parts availability, I don't really see why it matters too much.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:
*Snip*
how do you compare the jackal to other frames You have owned previous
I had the previous gen. (Same geo, but without a tapered headtube)

I really regret selling it. My current P3 is decent, but the frame feels kinda harsh. (I'm only 175lb though)

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 19:39 Quote
Evil Faction 2 with a mix of new and old parts. Planning to make some changes in the near future
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
the jackal is awesome and I miss mine but it was a medium frame and I wanted a longer TT

l
2010 Santa Cruz Jackal size Medium 2011 Marzocchi DJ1 Mavic 721 with 2.0 DT spokes on Formula 20mm Front Mavic 721 with 2.0 DT spokes on Hope EVO Trials Rear RaceFace Atlas 170mm Cranks 2013 model w 32T RaceFace ring MRP AMG 28-32T ISCG05 Chainguide Straightline Amp Limited Edition pedals Chromag OSX bar Chromag Ranger 50mm Stem Chromag Seat clamp Chromag Overture Seat Chromag Basis Grips Avid BB7S Mtn Rear brake with SiCCC rotor Paul Compact Brake lever Chris King Sotto Voce Headset Chris King bottom bracket Intense micro knobbies 2 Maxxis Flyweight tubes Bathroom scale says 25.0 lb

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Jumping back onto the topic of Cranks for a mo, I was thinking of grabbing some Premium 1948 Cranks, brand new, and local for cheap.

They have a large flat surface for the sprocket to sit against, (although I plan to go spline drive again anyways) and I've had some premium parts before and they seem fine. anyone have any call-outs against them, or any other 1up suggestions? (19mm/SD/blek)

Also can someone point me in the direction of some NS districts in black PLEASE! Smile

Good cranks...I had a set on my 20". I think you can still purchase the combo with a 25t or 28t spline drive sprocket included for a great price!

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 21:08 Quote
Nobble wrote:
sherbet wrote:

To be fair, a lot of MTB parts are the same way though.

What makes a SRAM direct mount chainring better than raceface cinch or 4x104? You can't swap parts between 95% of MTB cranksets and yet we live with it.

If it's a reliable product with decent parts availability, I don't really see why it matters too much.

That's why BMX is better though, they don't put up with this kind of bullshit. Standards get rejected all the time.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 22:31 Quote
ooooohhh Intense Micro Knobbys
drool emoji

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
[Quote="luke-stamatiou"]
omtimasprime wrote:
photo
[how do you compare the jackal to other frames You have owned previous

Best feeling frame so far, the front end is decently roomy, while the rear end super short. So manuals and spins are easier than on my previous bikes but it’s still comfy on big jumps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035575
Mobile Version of Website