Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
not sure where you're going with this cause Joyride is a world class park and is less than 2 hours away for you

joyride is great and so is all in skatepark

Just wondering what else is out there . Im going to check out rays and the wheel mill sometime before christmas and was thinking I might be missing out on another awesome park.

You guys in BC must be able to ride outside in the winter- not many indoor parks there it seems. For such a heavy mountain biking area

We can usually ride trails all year but dirt jumps and skateparks are usually not rideable from late October-March.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
not sure where you're going with this cause Joyride is a world class park and is less than 2 hours away for you

joyride is great and so is all in skatepark

Just wondering what else is out there . Im going to check out rays and the wheel mill sometime before christmas and was thinking I might be missing out on another awesome park.

You guys in BC must be able to ride outside in the winter- not many indoor parks there it seems. For such a heavy mountain biking area

We can usually ride trails all year but dirt jumps and skateparks are usually not rideable from late October-March.
I'm across the street from Vic West skatepark and it dries very quickly, been riding there almost everyday this month. Feels a bit surreal after living in Ontario.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:


joyride is great and so is all in skatepark

Just wondering what else is out there . Im going to check out rays and the wheel mill sometime before christmas and was thinking I might be missing out on another awesome park.

You guys in BC must be able to ride outside in the winter- not many indoor parks there it seems. For such a heavy mountain biking area

We can usually ride trails all year but dirt jumps and skateparks are usually not rideable from late October-March.
I'm across the street from Vic West skatepark and it dries very quickly, been riding there almost everyday this month. Feels a bit surreal after living in Ontario.

The weather has been pretty good this fall compared to the previous years

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Is there a website or does anyone know where to find all the indoor bike parks in North America?

I know joyride , rays and woodward, is there anything else out there?

Air Rec Center in Maple Ridge, BC

Indoor skatepark, dirt jumps, air bag and resi
There is also Leeside,open to the public and free too.Not really indoor,but is under a city street bridge,so you won't get hit with all the elements.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
not sure where you're going with this cause Joyride is a world class park and is less than 2 hours away for you

joyride is great and so is all in skatepark

Just wondering what else is out there . Im going to check out rays and the wheel mill sometime before christmas and was thinking I might be missing out on another awesome park.

You guys in BC must be able to ride outside in the winter- not many indoor parks there it seems. For such a heavy mountain biking area
there's also those jumps in the giant cave, hopefully still open I wanted to ride there

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
[Quote="omtimasprime"]
tulipanek wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:
Pics of the new bike, pretty stoked on how it turned out.

Your build is really nice !!! I like it
Btw. didnt know that Hope made Pro 4 Trial/SS hub in 142x12 thru axle version, I myselft have bolt on Pro 4 Trial/SS 135x10. Good choice man !!!

Thanks dude, and yeah as quoted above. It’s just an axle conversion that hope supply’s.
So, is that this version ? https://r2-bike.com/HOPE-Hub-rear-Pro-4-Trial-Thru-Axle-Freehub-Body-Singelspeed

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
not sure where you're going with this cause Joyride is a world class park and is less than 2 hours away for you

joyride is great and so is all in skatepark

Just wondering what else is out there . Im going to check out rays and the wheel mill sometime before christmas and was thinking I might be missing out on another awesome park.

You guys in BC must be able to ride outside in the winter- not many indoor parks there it seems. For such a heavy mountain biking area
there's also those jumps in the giant cave, hopefully still open I wanted to ride there
The Louisville Mega Cavern jumps? I’ve been told those are long gone.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
Thepureface wrote:


joyride is great and so is all in skatepark

Just wondering what else is out there . Im going to check out rays and the wheel mill sometime before christmas and was thinking I might be missing out on another awesome park.

You guys in BC must be able to ride outside in the winter- not many indoor parks there it seems. For such a heavy mountain biking area
there's also those jumps in the giant cave, hopefully still open I wanted to ride there
The Louisville Mega Cavern jumps? I’ve been told those are long gone.
Yup, mega cavern jumps only have family friendly stuff now. No more bmx/dirt jumps

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
They went full pussy

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
MrJwoj wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
there's also those jumps in the giant cave, hopefully still open I wanted to ride there
The Louisville Mega Cavern jumps? I’ve been told those are long gone.
Yup, mega cavern jumps only have family friendly stuff now. No more bmx/dirt jumps
They will be out of business for good with this decision.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
Not as sexy as a lot of the bikes I see in this thread, but wanted to share this frame my coworker gave me that I plan to build into a dirt jumper until I decide if I want to invest in a "real" dirt jumper. Just bought a Chromag Overture saddle for it and am going to look at new grips sometime soon

Any tips that I might not know about that will be helpful when building it up?


Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
Draggon wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
I really wish Hazard lite rims came in 26!!

This

Definitely this!!
I'm after a set of 24s in the UK aswell ????

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Not as sexy as a lot of the bikes I see in this thread, but wanted to share this frame my coworker gave me that I plan to build into a dirt jumper until I decide if I want to invest in a "real" dirt jumper. Just bought a Chromag Overture saddle for it and am going to look at new grips sometime soon

Any tips that I might not know about that will be helpful when building it up?

I can't see the dropouts but if they're vertical you're going to need a hanger-mounted tensioner of some kind. Tbh not really worth all the trouble.

Start fresh with a frame and swap over what you can and start from there. Zircus and octane used frames can be had for cheap

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
I can't see the dropouts but if they're vertical you're going to need a hanger-mounted tensioner of some kind. Tbh not really worth all the trouble.

Start fresh with a frame and swap over what you can and start from there. Zircus and octane used frames can be had for cheap

It has vertical dropouts that slide, so I'm not too worried about that.
I got it for free so I'm trying to keep price as low as possible until I decide I enjoy dirt jumping enough to buy something like a Chromag Monk


Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 22:48 Quote
I have that fork- it's a Manitou Sherman Flick. Predecessor to the Gold label and circus. Pretty bombproof fork so I guess it will do. For a free bike it's better than a total noname build. Or anything with a DJ3


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019071
Mobile Version of Website