Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 1:13 Quote
That's pretty decent frame and fork right there. If the fork is fixed to that travel, it definitely is a Manitou Sherman Jumper. And thats some nice piece of midschool fork mate! Just get some proper or half decent wheels and good tyres. Short stem and big enough handlebar. Some small modern seat, GOOD pedals and its full on nice capable jump bike.

Nice found

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
munakorva wrote:
That's pretty decent frame and fork right there. If the fork is fixed to that travel, it definitely is a Manitou Sherman Jumper. And thats some nice piece of midschool fork mate! Just get some proper or half decent wheels and good tyres. Short stem and big enough handlebar. Some small modern seat, GOOD pedals and its full on nice capable jump bike.

Nice found

Got a Chromag Overture saddle for it and thinking of getting Chromag Contact pedals for it. I've already swapped the stem for a 50mm one I had taken off my full-suspension when I got a new stem for that bike.

I don't know if a better picture will help identify the fork better, but here's one anyways (featuring my dog in the background behind the stanchion)

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
that's a great start, plus the parts you're buying can be used on the next one. I started with a 1999 santa cruz chameleon 6 years ago

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
[Quote="tulipanek"]
omtimasprime wrote:
tulipanek wrote:

Thanks dude, and yeah as quoted above. It’s just an axle conversion that hope supply’s.
So, is that this version ? https://r2-bike.com/HOPE-Hub-rear-Pro-4-Trial-Thru-Axle-Freehub-Body-Singelspeed

Looks like the right one.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 2:52 Quote
[Quote="omtimasprime"]
tulipanek wrote:

Looks like the right one.

It is the right hub.
If you already have a 135 Hub you need to purchase a seperate axle and endcaps.
HUB1009-49S - 12 Trial Axle
HUB242 - 142 x 12mm endcaps.

Had to swap the axle too, it is pretty easy.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
Anyone have any experience with the Kenda K-Rad tire?

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
they're good, not the softest, not the lightest, but kind of a mid range tire for dj/street

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
It's almost like a rite of passage. If you've been doing this for a while, you've almost certainly used a K-Rad at some point - bought, borrowed, found. Cheap in every sense of the word. They're not great at anything but the tread is good for all-round riding.

If you can find a Specialized dealer near you and stretch the budget a little bit more for a Compound Control or Rhythm Lite, you'll get a much better tire.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
Stoked on the new colorway the p3 is coming in. Saw it on a dealers business account. Its like a light blue clear over raw.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
crs-one wrote:
It's almost like a rite of passage. If you've been doing this for a while, you've almost certainly used a K-Rad at some point - bought, borrowed, found. Cheap in every sense of the word. They're not great at anything but the tread is good for all-round riding.

If you can find a Specialized dealer near you and stretch the budget a little bit more for a Compound Control or Rhythm Lite, you'll get a much better tire.

Hahaha I remember my first k rads. They were too cheap and when I started I was broke as a joke. I thought they were okay, they ride everything okay, but yeah once I moved on I'll never ride them again.

I'm pretty sure compounds and rhythm lites should be on closeout, could probably get them for a good deal right now. Rhythm tires are much better than the k rad. Even used one on the rear while riding lots of dirt and it did well. For street they're money.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
They are heavy af man...Save some money a get the Maxxis DTH foldable 26x2,15 (540g) Wink Beer

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
crs-one wrote:

Hahaha I remember my first k rads. They were too cheap and when I started I was broke as a joke. I thought they were okay, they ride everything okay, but yeah once I moved on I'll never ride them again.

I'm pretty sure compounds and rhythm lites should be on closeout, could probably get them for a good deal right now. Rhythm tires are much better than the k rad. Even used one on the rear while riding lots of dirt and it did well. For street they're money.

I feel like Holy Rollers are on the same page. Relatively cheap, heavy AF, capable of riding pretty much anything, and we've all probably owned them.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
K-rads are ok when I rode street I swore by them

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
iv got the k rads ATM I feel there a tad heavy but still an OK tyre. I'm trying to get khe 26 dirt or some race kings might do khe on back and race King on front ????

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
I would stick to the DTH's.They are proven,easy to get and there is a reason why so many people use this tire.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024197
Mobile Version of Website