Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
crs-one wrote:
i got 2.4" Holy Rollers and felt like a f*cking champion.
Lol! I can relate.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
On the plus side, in all my Giant STP and Norco street bike days I ran Holyrollers. And in all that time got ZERO flats. I hated them but they handle trials, stair bombing, anything really. Lenosky made some durable shtuff back in the day.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
Thanks for input Smile I can't really afford the maxxis tyres ATM what sucks .the only reason getting the khe mac2 dirt because getting it very cheap like around £15 and race King £19 ish ( now just got to find some bars and stem to finish off my build if anyone knows best / cheap ones much appreciated? ) no rush as had acl and meniscus surgery 3 weeks ago

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 1:13 Quote
anyone bought from the pride street website before? How simple/safe is it going through Western union etc? Not usually skeptical, but if anyone knows its the people here.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
Some dude from the US got massively ripped when he paid US$400 and never received his shit

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
Hey guys, I’m lookin for some insight on decent tensioner for horizontal drops outs. Ive got a Commancal Absolut, but its the 2018. The newer models have tensioners built in to the frame at the drop outs. I cant keep the chain tight at all. Cant take a link out as it will cause the rotor to move to far into caliper and bottom out. Any advice?

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Hey guys, I’m lookin for some insight on decent tensioner for horizontal drops outs. Ive got a Commancal Absolut, but its the 2018. The newer models have tensioners built in to the frame at the drop outs. I cant keep the chain tight at all. Cant take a link out as it will cause the rotor to move to far into caliper and bottom out. Any advice?

If your chain is nice and tight when you take a link out, simply put a couple of washers under your caliper to stop it bottoming out.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:

Plenty of companies make chain tugs mate. Dmr and gusset to name two. Try BMX specific online stores or just simply Google ''10mm chain tugs'' you should find loads.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:

Plenty of companies make chain tugs mate. Dmr and gusset to name two. Try BMX specific online stores or just simply Google ''10mm chain tugs'' you should find loads.
Agree, I have them on both of my DJ bikes and by far the best ''upgrade'' ever made so the chain is still tight and not loose. But in my opinion NS Bikes chain tug are maybe a little bit better for ALU frames. https://chainreactioncycles.scene7.com/is/image/ChainReactionCycles/prod49135_IMGSET?wid=586&hei=498
Hope Pro 4 Trial SS 135x10mm Purple
Hope Pro 4 Trial SS 10x135 hub with 13t ss cog https www.vitalmtb.com community Tulipanek 45176 setup 39473
Dartmoor chain tug lite 10mm by far the best chain tensioner for singlespeed setup light but working and tough enough and almost invisible
Dartmoor chain tug lite 10mm by far the best chain tensioner for singlespeed setup light but working and tough enough and almost invisible

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
crs-one wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:

Hahaha I remember my first k rads. They were too cheap and when I started I was broke as a joke. I thought they were okay, they ride everything okay, but yeah once I moved on I'll never ride them again.

I'm pretty sure compounds and rhythm lites should be on closeout, could probably get them for a good deal right now. Rhythm tires are much better than the k rad. Even used one on the rear while riding lots of dirt and it did well. For street they're money.

I feel like Holy Rollers are on the same page. Relatively cheap, heavy AF, capable of riding pretty much anything, and we've all probably owned them.

I remember when I wore out the stock tires on my first complete, i got 2.4" Holy Rollers and felt like a f*cking champion. By the time they wore down I had learned about the weight thing and got a set of 2.1" folding Small Blocks (the other classic upgrade path of a decade ago). I actually changed my gear ratio after that because the bike was so much easier to accelerate.

I never went down the Holy Roller route, but went from K-Rad's to DMR Moto's on my old Black Market and definitely felt like I had "made it". I also tried some Bontrager whitewall cruiser tires that came in a 2.5 and was basically slick. Pumped it up more than I probably should have, but never skipped a beat. Super fun for street/park riding.

I've got small block's on my bike now, but not a big fan. Will probably end up with DTH's before too long...

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 10:52 Quote
Fitted my Trixer and Floats, bike is pretty dialled now haven't really got anything to upgrade left Razz

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
That gyro is nice and clean with the hidden line. Looks real good.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
That gyro is nice and clean with the hidden line. Looks real good.

Thanks man super happy with it!

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 12:53 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Some dude from the US got massively ripped when he paid US$400 and never received his shit

Awh, anyone have any good stories? Or some suggestions for NS district equivalents?

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
jespinal wrote:

Awh, anyone have any good stories? Or some suggestions for NS district equivalents?

Deity highside? 50 or 80mm options

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033080
Mobile Version of Website