Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
spyke wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Decided to go with some Dartmoor toxic's - ideally wanted steel and in BMX stem size (cos i've got one lying around). Worst case if I hate these i'll go with some districts when they come back into stock

I wanted some of those...can't really find them in the USA.
ZM Cycles stocks the districts and Proof bars,they are also a member and sell here too.

MY understanding is (*and it might've changed) that they flatly refuse to ship overseas or to any mail forwarding centres. Which is a pain, because they have a great range of stock!

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
spyke wrote:
man-wolf wrote:

ZM Cycles stocks the districts and Proof bars,they are also a member and sell here too.

MY understanding is (*and it might've changed) that they flatly refuse to ship overseas or to any mail forwarding centres. Which is a pain,
because they have a great range of stock!
Well that sucks! Have you tried Lamacycles? They have the NS Proof bar in stock,they do ship worldwide and a member here too.

I am so glad I stocked up on NS proof bars because of this.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Decided to go with some Dartmoor toxic's - ideally wanted steel and in BMX stem size (cos i've got one lying around). Worst case if I hate these i'll go with some districts when they come back into stock

We ship to US and have them available.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
spyke wrote:
man-wolf wrote:

MY understanding is (*and it might've changed) that they flatly refuse to ship overseas or to any mail forwarding centres. Which is a pain, because they have a great range of stock!

Thank you for the compliment regarding the stock.

We can ship overseas but the buyer has to pay. In most cases the costs are so absurd that we don't openly offer it because why pay the price of product in shipping charges?

In terms of mail forwarding centers. We often have clients who have us ship to friends in the states and they figure it out from there.

The reality is the shipping costs are so high to get to anywhere out of North America that we don't openly advertise it because the conversation goes like this 90% of the time.

"Awesome frame/part that makes a big box, how much is it to ship to here? "
Us: "Unfortunately more than the price of the product itself."
"Crickets"

Essentially any transaction that goes outside Canada and USA, we have to conduct off the website due to the costs involved.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
Nice, I just built up some Reel Pros with Spank Spoon 32's, and they are SOLID.

Excellent! I plan to go with a non disc front too. What colourway did you go for?

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Nice, I just built up some Reel Pros with Spank Spoon 32's, and they are SOLID.

Excellent! I plan to go with a non disc front too. What colourway did you go for?

Petrol hubs, gold Dartmoor spokes, black rims:

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:

I bought my hubs and spoks from ZM. Hubs arrived scratched up. Emailed you guys and was told "It likely happened during shipping which unfortunately was out of our control. We're sorry about the inconvenience."

The scratches weren't even a big deal to me, but I thought that response was lame. That being said, the deal was good and they were very helpful to me with building my wheels.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
man-wolf wrote:

I bought my hubs and spoks from ZM. Hubs arrived scratched up. Emailed you guys and was told "It likely happened during shipping which unfortunately was out of our control. We're sorry about the inconvenience."

The scratches weren't even a big deal to me, but I thought that response was lame. That being said, the deal was good and they were very helpful to me with building my wheels.

I've bought a wheel and more spokes than you could shake a stick at from ZM. They've always been pleasant to deal with, and prices have been fair. In addition, everything I have ordered from ZM arrived in flawless condition. Sounds like a random fluke that happened to you.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Philitup wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
zmcycle wrote:

I've bought a wheel and more spokes than you could shake a stick at from ZM. They've always been pleasant to deal with, and prices have been fair. In addition, everything I have ordered from ZM arrived in flawless condition. Sounds like a random fluke that happened to you.

Glad to hear it!

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
man-wolf wrote:

I do remember this. Shipping can on some occasions cause damage, in some cases more severe than others. I'm sorry our response to this was lame. We appreciate the compliments regarding the wheel help.

I'm more than happy to offer another coupon on a future purchase due to our response.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
zmcycle wrote:

I do remember this. Shipping can on some occasions cause damage, in some cases more severe than others. I'm sorry our response to this was lame. We appreciate the compliments regarding the wheel help.

I'm more than happy to offer another coupon on a future purchase due to our response.

Right on, I'd be more than happy to use it on some parts. Cheers

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
On the subject of wheels, does anyone know anyone or anywhere that has an ns coaster ss Pro hub? Preferably in red but open to black or silver

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:

26 bikes have some! postage wasn't cheap, so I decided to save on two orders and have a full new rear wheel built and sent along with the bars. Sunringle MTX 31 and a Dartmoor Reel Pro - I previously ran a Rotary and a Mavic EX721, so i'd imagine they will come out at a very similar weight, and hopefully be just as strong!

I have the Toxic bars and I also have Districts and I like the Toxic more, I'm not a big fan of the upsweep on the Districts myself. I also have the Reel Pro and that's a great hub.

Oh also, I have a couple of the Pride Street L89s. They are nice bars and I like them a lot, but yeah, PS did f*ck over some dude from the US for almost $500.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Does anyone know anywhere that still stocks the lowering spacers for the old fox floats? Can't find any anywhere and bodged it with some pipe but I'd rather have the proper ones! UK preferably, or if anyone has any spare nocking around could the message me ???? thanks!

I have a bunch but I am in the USA, willing to send them over to you if you want though. Message me if interested.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018568
Mobile Version of Website