Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
I can't for the life of me seem to find a decent priced front axle for my Sherman (cheapest axle I found was $80 shipped from New Zealand), and Manitou is not responding to my e-mails, so I am considering a new fork entirely

Would something like this Circus be a good fork? Honestly just want it to be rideable for a season or two until I decide if I'm willing to invest in a true dirt jumper like a Chromag Monk or similar

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2686345

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 16:07 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
I can't for the life of me seem to find a decent priced front axle for my Sherman (cheapest axle I found was $80 shipped from New Zealand), and Manitou is not responding to my e-mails, so I am considering a new fork entirely

Would something like this Circus be a good fork? Honestly just want it to be rideable for a season or two until I decide if I'm willing to invest in a true dirt jumper like a Chromag Monk or similar

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2686345

Haven't used the coil version but the air version is very good. But annoying to live with, with the axle system. But as long as you never take your wheel off you'll be fine.

My advice would be look around for the expert model so you have the adjustability of the air spring and they're dirt cheap used. You won't have to buy another one for a good few years if you get one and will be so much better than your Sherman.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
DHJAT wrote:

Looks like he has the trixer 2.

I have the same frame and a trixer (although I haven't installed it yet)! It looks like you used two gyro tab screws to hold the trixer in place, but the up most hole on the Absolute frame is not threaded. Did you just twist it in?

SO THATS WHY THE TOP BOLT WAS SO HARD!!! Thankyou so much for veryfying that, I thought they had sent me two different bolts hahaha! That holder was the last thing to put on as well I thought I'd have to take it all off cause I couldn't get that bolt in. Ended up getting my impact gun, laying the bike on the floor and making my own thread with some body weight added. Did up to torque with no problems at all.

HAHA! Okay yea, that does clarify it. Well, at least you know it's solid in there. I might end up using the headset lock but I really want to keep stack height as low as possible. I might get creative with it..

If I were you, I'd use the mount that goes under your headset cup if you can. It looks a lot cleaner I just don't have a press to out it back together.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
You guys bar-spn them big arse 26" wheels?!

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
johnparkhurst wrote:
You guys bar-spn them big arse 26" wheels?!
I don’t but a lot of people yes very easily

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
*also

Anyone run!ng quick release on the rear!? I

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
johnparkhurst wrote:
*also

Anyone run!ng quick release on the rear!? I

I recently built up a bike for my girlfriend and have a QR on there for the moment. I have to use chain tugs with it though. She's not an aggressive rider and uses the bike for pumptracks so it's fine, but if you are more aggressive and riding dirt/street I would avoid it.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
is there any way to make a dtswiss 350 rear hub bolt on?

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
quintun-542 wrote:
Sure, there must be a way since 240s can be bolt on too :-) https://www.universalcycles.com/images//products/large/40627.jpg

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
quintun-542 wrote:
Sure, there must be a way since 240s can be bolt on too :-) https://www.universalcycles.com/images//products/large/40627.jpg

But would the 240s internals would not work in a 350 would they?

I have also looked for a kit similar to that made by dtswiss and could not find one for the 350.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
DHJAT wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

SO THATS WHY THE TOP BOLT WAS SO HARD!!! Thankyou so much for veryfying that, I thought they had sent me two different bolts hahaha! That holder was the last thing to put on as well I thought I'd have to take it all off cause I couldn't get that bolt in. Ended up getting my impact gun, laying the bike on the floor and making my own thread with some body weight added. Did up to torque with no problems at all.

HAHA! Okay yea, that does clarify it. Well, at least you know it's solid in there. I might end up using the headset lock but I really want to keep stack height as low as possible. I might get creative with it..

If I were you, I'd use the mount that goes under your headset cup if you can. It looks a lot cleaner I just don't have a press to out it back together.

Headset stack did change a lot tbh, but I'm over 6ft tall and it really helped with manuals cause my Absolut is a size L! Hunting for a shallower bearing cap for the top to bring it down ATM but for some reason none seem to run smooth with the headset that came in the bike. No might have to look for a fresh headset all together

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
quintun-542 wrote:

yes. I have it on my bike. you get the 135x10 thru axle caps and get a 10mm RWS axle from DT swiss.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 18:16 Quote
quintun-542 wrote:
Same procedure as this but with the other caps as Niko said. https://youtu.be/MMLkGkyBT-I and https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/conversion-charts/end-cap-solution-mtb-rear/ should help

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 7:18 Quote
Thanks for the help guysSmile

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
My new wheel and bars were shipped yesterday, and I got a call from the powdercoaters to say my frame should be ready to pick up next week.

Not so great news, bought a new stem and spline drive sprocket. Then immediately found my old stem and sprocket, ah well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043184
Mobile Version of Website