Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
I feel kinda bad because I have the exact axle you need, but I can't actually help you. I know that it's very different from the circus hexlock axles, so if you were thinking of going that way, it won't work.

Honestly your best chance is probably a random used bike. Buying a 2005 used bike for 150 just for the axle is super extreme, though.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
crs-one wrote:
I left about a thousand voicemails trying to get an axle a few months ago. Good luck.

I have no further recommendations based on this comment.
I have one. Buy a RS or Fox fork.... :-)

Yeah I'd have to agree, at this point, you almost have no other options other than finding someone with an old broken one.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
Shockcraft in New Zealand has the axle I need for around $70 NZD (about $60 CAD) plus $20 shipping to Canada so $80 total. Might just suck it up and buy it. Still cheaper than buying a new fork, but way more than I'm comfortable paying for a fork that's well over a decade old

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Shockcraft in New Zealand has the axle I need for around $70 NZD (about $60 CAD) plus $20 shipping to Canada so $80 total. Might just suck it up and buy it. Still cheaper than buying a new fork, but way more than I'm comfortable paying for a fork that's well over a decade old

This clearly is your only solution, I would suggest sucking it up despite the price.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
There are a couple of custom machinists that do axles but, for the life of me I can't remember they're name. I know they on PB too. I think? It's like 'anyaxle.com' or similar. Soz to be no help what so ever Big Grin
Maybe the mechanics quick question thread will know....

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
matt-15 wrote:

Try getting a hold of the folk's at Robert Axle project. They may be able to help, and they are down in Oregon.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
robd420 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

Try getting a hold of the folk's at Robert Axle project. They may be able to help, and they are down in Oregon.
considering what they charge for their regular axles, I wouldn't consider it help. I

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

This clearly is your only solution, I would suggest sucking it up despite the price.

As the only person here with one of these forks, of say it's worth it. They're actually quite good, and they hold up, decent quality seals and internals. Only overhauled it once since 2005, and even then that was to attempt to lower it

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

As the only person here with one of these forks, of say it's worth it. They're actually quite good, and they hold up, decent quality seals and internals. Only overhauled it once since 2005, and even then that was to attempt to lower it

How easy is it to user service? If I'm ordering anyways may as well get a new seal kit, as I've noticed oil sticks to the legs after being compressed. This will be the first time I do a complete rebuild, although I am fairly mechanically inclined

Also how can I tell whether or not mine has the SPV damper? And do I need some sort of fork oil for it?

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
It's been a while but it's basically very easy if you've ever opened a circus expert. It's probably almost the same as servicing a circus comp, or nay circus without an air cartridge.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 18:17 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Metro-Gnome wrote:
zmcycle wrote:

How easy is it to user service? If I'm ordering anyways may as well get a new seal kit, as I've noticed oil sticks to the legs after being compressed. This will be the first time I do a complete rebuild, although I am fairly mechanically inclined

Also how can I tell whether or not mine has the SPV damper? And do I need some sort of fork oil for it?

Oops sorry I remever using 10wt or 7.5 at moto fork oil and/or I think I used some leftover Mobil 1 5w20 for one side, may be wrong, like I said it's been years but it wasn't hard. When you remove the rebound adjust know make sure you tighten to remove the hex bolt underneath, it backs out the other way. Pretty sure I got the manual via an online downloadable PDF

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
It's probably been about 4 years since I last posted anything on here. Originally joined in 2007.anybody left from that era?
Oh yeah, here's my bike. Beddo neat with a free coaster.
Got My Beddo Neat built up and back on 26 Spec.. Frame Beddo Neat Fork Rockshox Argyle RCT Stem Beddo Connector Headset Beddo Bar NS Proof Grips Beddo Catch It Seat Beddo Combo BB Gusset Crank Beddo Thrust Pedals NS Ariel Sprocket Premium 25t Rear Wheel Hub Hope Pro 2 Rim Mavic EX721 Front Wheel Hub Hope Pro 2 Rim Kore Rivera Tyres Vee Speedster Chain Sram

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
Seesh that's nice and clean.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
Oh this is an old pic. I built the bike around 2016.its pretty mingin these days. Noticed some old names already. ✌️

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
Ya I took a look at the date posted, figured those argyles weren't as brand new as they look back then. Good color combo though.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014623
Mobile Version of Website