Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
Colour combo was accidental to be fair. I bough a load of beddo stock, I was a stockist for them in the UK for a short period. Forks were mega cheap brand new and had the choice to match them with blue, orange or black frame.. Went for black. Forks don't really work as a sus fork anymore though to be fair haha.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
What gear ratios is everyone running of their 26" DJs? The bike I got has a 38/16, which seems high but I haven't really ridden it yet because I'm waiting on a front axle

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/gear-calc.html

That's decent to check out gear ratios. 56" is a decent middle ratio.

I run 23-10 on my 26". Comes out at 59".

That's 59" of distance covered per pedal Revolution.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
What gear ratios is everyone running of their 26" DJs? The bike I got has a 38/16, which seems high but I haven't really ridden it yet because I'm waiting on a front axle
On my steel DJ bike its 25-10
on my alu DJ its 32-13 Smile

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
what fork in your opinion is better

A fox 36 talas 2009

or a

rockshox pike 409

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
I always preferred Rockshox just because they're easy to service and cheap. And reliable.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
caravanking wrote:
I always preferred Rockshox just because they're easy to service and cheap. And reliable.
+1, and you can get the replacement parts like in every bike service/shop Smile

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
caravanking wrote:
It's probably been about 4 years since I last posted anything on here. Originally joined in 2007.anybody left from that era?
Oh yeah, here's my bike. Beddo neat with a free coaster.
Got My Beddo Neat built up and back on 26 Spec.. Frame Beddo Neat Fork Rockshox Argyle RCT Stem Beddo Connector Headset Beddo Bar NS Proof Grips Beddo Catch It Seat Beddo Combo BB Gusset Crank Beddo Thrust Pedals NS Ariel Sprocket Premium 25t Rear Wheel Hub Hope Pro 2 Rim Mavic EX721 Front Wheel Hub Hope Pro 2 Rim Kore Rivera Tyres Vee Speedster Chain Sram
holy shit look what the cat dug out

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
How's your wrist doing man? I remember it was bugging you

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
My bike from 2013-2019. Sold it as buffer money for a bigger vacation and a reason to build more bikes.

Bought a Transition PBJ and hoping to enjoy the longer TT from the size Large. As i upgrade the PBJ the scrap parts i think going to build a Void since those frames are real cheap and have maybe a beater/park/lender bike.

What are decent higher POE hubs? I had pimplite 102's on the green bike, really liked it. Dont think i need profile elites haha but something around 100/120poe

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
caravanking wrote:
Oh this is an old pic. I built the bike around 2016.its pretty mingin these days. Noticed some old names already. ✌️

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I've been keeping up to date with your car antics on facebook/instagram. Having just come back here myself, it's nice to see ya back too.

As for gear ratios, on my suburban I ran 24-10, and on the Maj it'll be 25-10, found the old 24t sprocket though, so might go back to it.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 20:12 Quote
caravanking wrote:
It's probably been about 4 years since I last posted anything on here. Originally joined in 2007.anybody left from that era?
Oh yeah, here's my bike. Beddo neat with a free coaster.
Got My Beddo Neat built up and back on 26 Spec.. Frame Beddo Neat Fork Rockshox Argyle RCT Stem Beddo Connector Headset Beddo Bar NS Proof Grips Beddo Catch It Seat Beddo Combo BB Gusset Crank Beddo Thrust Pedals NS Ariel Sprocket Premium 25t Rear Wheel Hub Hope Pro 2 Rim Mavic EX721 Front Wheel Hub Hope Pro 2 Rim Kore Rivera Tyres Vee Speedster Chain Sram

Bike's looking slick yo

I'm still around, although only came back recently and i'm lurking pretty hard hahaha
Slowing building up a new bike but it'll be a while until it's ready Frown

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 5:46 Quote
I've been with this username since 04, a few bans before then too lol

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
What gear ratios is everyone running of their 26" DJs?
Another 25-10 here.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015458
Mobile Version of Website