Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
What gear ratios is everyone running of their 26" DJs? The bike I got has a 38/16, which seems high but I haven't really ridden it yet because I'm waiting on a front axle
I'm a big fan of 28 x 13, here is a photo from an old fourm post
Gear Ratio - Gear Inches CHART 26

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
MrJwoj wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
What gear ratios is everyone running of their 26" DJs? The bike I got has a 38/16, which seems high but I haven't really ridden it yet because I'm waiting on a front axle
I'm a big fan of 28 x 13, here is a photo from an old fourm post
Gear Ratio - Gear Inches CHART 26

Alright, looks like I'm on the harder end of yellow, so I'll try it for a bit and see how it feels

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
caravanking wrote:
Ayyyyyy awesome to see some old names on here. Feel as though a lot of people don't bother with forums as such anymore, mainly social media. I remember the days of ride-street and Street-steeze forums. I see a few guys on insta too. Jesp and cr. Hi ✌️

Wrist is still properly broken. Scaphoid non Union 3 years ago. Just have to strap it up with a sturdy support. If I fall on it, even lightly, its like I've broken all over again and it takes 3-4 weeks for it to stop hurting. Nothing can really be done without fusing my wrist and it doesn't hurt enough for me to lose mobility in it fully.
Same situation as me then

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
Is it time to come out of lurking? It’s crazy to think how much has changed. Good seeing some of these names pop up.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
Ive been a member since 2010 I think.

Although I have been here the whole time- I love bikes and talking about bikes. Especially dirt jumping. I have a previously broken scaphoid bone too.

I just got some purple hope pro 4 hubs and am going to lace them to a set of carbon rims and am going to try running the tubolitos as well.

Its the only way I can really shave weight off the dj bike

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
I am still lurking away also! I just want to ride my bikes! F U SNOW!!!

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I am still lurking away also! I just want to ride my bikes! F U SNOW!!!

Oh good, I thought you stopped bikes

Im planning to go ride my bike at rays and also the wheel mill. In the next couple weeks.

Excited to see rays

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
Lol, I am long time on pb, but not the dj forum as much.

Also 36-15, I like my chain to last...really though I had those, and got my CS as short as I could with tire/frame

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
I've been here since 2000 apparently. I'm pretty sure it was actually 2007

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 19:02 Quote
Used to be on here a lot around 2010-2012. Didn't have or ride a DJ bike for years, and am now completely obsessed after getting another this year. Glad to be back in the game myself.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
jespinal wrote:
caravanking wrote:
Ayyyyyy awesome to see some old names on here. Feel as though a lot of people don't bother with forums as such anymore, mainly social media. I remember the days of ride-street and Street-steeze forums. I see a few guys on insta too. Jesp and cr. Hi ✌️

Wrist is still properly broken. Scaphoid non Union 3 years ago. Just have to strap it up with a sturdy support. If I fall on it, even lightly, its like I've broken all over again and it takes 3-4 weeks for it to stop hurting. Nothing can really be done without fusing my wrist and it doesn't hurt enough for me to lose mobility in it fully.
Same situation as me then

I have a similar situation....I have non-unions in both my ankles (different bones) from skateboarding injuries. Generally they don't bother me too badly, but if I tweak either ankle it takes weeks to get back to normal. Just have to keep myself good enough not to do that!

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
im sure this has been asked everywhere, but what grips do y'all run? Right now, I am running specialized ones that are HORRIBLE, so want to grab some new ones

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
I've really liked the chromag wax and sensus lite

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
Sensus swayze slip-ons are schweeeeet

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.050165
Mobile Version of Website