Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 21:19 Quote
Sensus Swayze in any form.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
NS Bikes Hold Fast grips.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Ive been a member since 2010 I think.

Although I have been here the whole time- I love bikes and talking about bikes. Especially dirt jumping. I have a previously broken scaphoid bone too.

I just got some purple hope pro 4 hubs and am going to lace them to a set of carbon rims and am going to try running the tubolitos as well.

Its the only way I can really shave weight off the dj bike
bro that's exactly my plan wtf, I even ordered the tubolitos already

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
Vans x Cult grips for me. Super soft and grippy and pretty long with no flange.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
how wide do yall run your bars?

Thinking of going a bit wider

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
quintun-542 wrote:

760mm

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
quintun-542 wrote:

Experimented a lot with this myself. Tried 800, 720, 760, then 740mm in that order. Rode 740mm most of this year, but have been getting persistent pains in my shoulders and wondering if I should go a little narrower. Just for reference, I'm 6' with long ass arms and moderately broad shoulders.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
traqs wrote:
im sure this has been asked everywhere, but what grips do y'all run? Right now, I am running specialized ones that are HORRIBLE, so want to grab some new ones

My DJ has Deity Knuckledusters, which I like due to not having an outside clamp, on my trail bike where I'm not removing my hands from the bars I use ODI Rogues

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
quintun-542 wrote:

Experimented a lot with this myself. Tried 800, 720, 760, then 740mm in that order. Rode 740mm most of this year, but have been getting persistent pains in my shoulders and wondering if I should go a little narrower. Just for reference, I'm 6' with long ass arms and moderately broad shoulders.
I've been gradually going up over the past 5 years from my old school ultra narrow to now also around 740. Now that I want to learn bar spins I think they're going to make that more difficult but I can't imagine giving up on that leverage in the corners

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
730, thinking of cutting down to 710

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
My biggest beef with lock on grips is the metal collars. They hurt so much sometimes on barspins.

I liked vand grips, odi ones that aren't lock on. All preference really.

If anyone's on insta and I don't follow them, be good to follow some people back and keep up with old or new names. @aidswoody

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
I'm riding 710mm now. Originally were 750mm, liked it a lot but since I wanted to spin my bars then that didn't go well. For just riding without any barspins etc. 750 is really comfy and was better for shoulders. With 710 lost a bit of stability I would say, but still pretty good. I'm also 6.25 ft (1,90m).

Also for chainring and sprocket sizes, I ride 32-10, really hard, trained a lot of muscle in my legs with it and can ride really fast. Wanna switch to 30t front but can't find chainring that doesn't hurt wallet too much (only aliexpress has cheap chainrings, but I kinda don't know if I should trust them with something like that). Big Grin Maybe will try also 28t some day.

About grips, I ride FUNN lock on's with flanges. I like flanges and dont like hassle with slide on grips, maybe just need to get one good pair of slide on's that will chage my mind.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
I run 720mm on all my DJ bikes, 750mm on full sus bikes. Grips I prefer lock on since I dont do any barspin so dont care much, I really like Sensus Disisdaboss grips and Chromag Palmskin, by far my favourite grips.
As for gear ratio on DJ bikes, I have 32-13 and 25-10.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
My go-to grips have been Odyssey, but most soft BMX grips feel pretty similar imo.

Anyone cut the brake mount off their forks? I've always considered doing it (yes, solely for the aesthetic)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026644
Mobile Version of Website