Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
Paultech wrote:
Finished my PBJ. 1st DJ bike for me. Stoked to finally find a home for old parts (and new) from past mtb's

What fork is that?

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
traqs wrote:
idk I have the garbage version of the circus, and need to change it at some point, but I don't like the backwards crown.. I can't figure out foot plants with it
Jam your foot sideways and not toe in.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
quintun-542 wrote:
Paultech wrote:
Finished my PBJ. 1st DJ bike for me. Stoked to finally find a home for old parts (and new) from past mtb's

What fork is that?

I guess it's XC Rock Shox Recon fork...

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
spyke wrote:
traqs wrote:
idk I have the garbage version of the circus, and need to change it at some point, but I don't like the backwards crown.. I can't figure out foot plants with it

what do you mean by sidewas? like side of foot to the crown or what?

Thank you

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
traqs wrote:
spyke wrote:
traqs wrote:

Thank you
What I mean by sideways,is jam the outter side of your foot to stop the wheel.This way,the reverse arch of the fork will not get in the way.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
quintun-542 wrote:
Paultech wrote:

What fork is that?

'14 Sektor Silver TK (steel 32mm stanchions, air sprung) with an Argyle damper, shortened via spacers. Budget didn't allow for a new fork and this one was collecting dust anyway

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
spyke wrote:
traqs wrote:
spyke wrote:

Thank you
What I mean by sideways,is jam the outter side of your foot to stop the wheel.This way,the reverse arch of the fork will not get in the way.

yeah, but do you mean jam it into the arch or what?

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
traqs wrote:
spyke wrote:
traqs wrote:

Thank you
Jam the side of your foot to the arch and not in it.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
Would you guys say a used Fox 831 is worth $400 CAD ($300 USD). Owner says seals were just replaced, lowers are scratched quite a bit but I don't really care too much about looks

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
spyke wrote:
traqs wrote:
spyke wrote:

gotcha, will try that at the skatepark tonight.. Thanks mate

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
spyke wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Before I order a set, are the pike dj's really that good? My LBS has said he can do them to me for £770 but the retail is actually way above £800!
For this amount of money,I would much rather purchase the Manitou Circus Pro.
This

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had a quick read through earlier and got my local bike shop to order me some I'm pretty excited now. I know they're really expensive, but everything is now! I didn't really get on with the circus experts I had that came on the bike, mainly with the arch on the legs is backwards so techy footjam stuff was a massive pain, and mainly because I hate the pinch bolt axle system so I basically counted any manitous out of my options. I'm looking forward to using a maxle! Plus, fingers crossed bike trends won't change too much so it should be a fork I'll have for many years which kind of makes up for the price for me. I've wasted more than the price of the pikes by trying and testing out other combinations that ended up worse, so now I've got a decent set coming that'll be brand new ????

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
I've been looking for a place to talk 26 inch street stuff, and hopefully I'm in the right spot.

For the past several years I've been riding a bmx cruiser on street, but recently built up a 26 bike.
Would you call this thing a MTB?

My most current 26 Street Bike
Here's a crappy clip from my roomates cell phone from riding not too long ago:

I need to go back to that spot and throw down some serious stuff.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
spyke wrote:
traqs wrote:
spyke wrote:

I had two circus experts and once you get used to the reverse arch, stall tricks like footjam tailwhips are actually easier on them than anything short of a rigid fork. Also yes, you have to angle your foot to make up for the arch being so close to you. It helps you keep your balance standing on the front wheel.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
BunkyD wrote:
I've been looking for a place to talk 26 inch street stuff, and hopefully I'm in the right spot.

For the past several years I've been riding a bmx cruiser on street, but recently built up a 26 bike.

Yes indeed (at least I would), Plenty of guys here run setups like yours, not to mention the rise guys Meduni/Lhomel/Plonka

Welcome to the fold

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
BunkyD wrote:

Yes indeed (at least I would), Plenty of guys here run setups like yours, not to mention the rise guys Meduni/Lhomel/Plonka

Welcome to the fold

Calling it an MTB feels weird to me but technically it is one right? I love my 26" on the dirt but I'm always a bit surprised when people choose to ride them over BMX in the street haha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015884
Mobile Version of Website