Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
Calling it an MTB feels weird to me but technically it is one right? I love my 26" on the dirt but I'm always a bit surprised when people choose to ride them over BMX in the street haha.

I suppose the whole 'mountain' bit is a contradictory name when they're used for street - I went to a bmx but I didn't enjoy it as much. It was a while ago so I don't have much of a recollection of why.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Would you guys say a used Fox 831 is worth $400 CAD ($300 USD). Owner says seals were just replaced, lowers are scratched quite a bit but I don't really care too much about looks

What size stantions? 32, 34 or 36?

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Calling it an MTB feels weird to me but technically it is one right? I love my 26" on the dirt but I'm always a bit surprised when people choose to ride them over BMX in the street haha.

I suppose the whole 'mountain' bit is a contradictory name when they're used for street - I went to a bmx but I didn't enjoy it as much. It was a while ago so I don't have much of a recollection of why.

aint they jump bikes? like what about my 24? not BMX not MTB......

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 23:54 Quote
I went over to bmx cuz I'm a short legged f*ck and it is way cheaper to keep running

Looking back unless I had a huge pile of money to burn I wouldnt build another dj

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Yes indeed (at least I would), Plenty of guys here run setups like yours, not to mention the rise guys Meduni/Lhomel/Plonka
Welcome to the fold

I've been watching a lot of The Rise guys, but then stuff from dudes like Serj Matovykh and Doman Andrei too. Sick to see guys riding street on 26's. Serj Matovykh seems to be one of the only dudes really using pegs on street, so I like watching his stuff a lot.

man-wolf wrote:

Yeh, calling it a MTB feels kinda weird to me too, but I'm not really sure what else to call it. My bmx's are fun, but all the newer bikes have super short rear ends and are just to nimbly for me to ride well. This frame is a custom so it's got a 14inch rear end, which is super short for a 26, and kinda close to the rear ends I used to ride on my 20's. The big wheels just kinda round the whole thing out nice, and makes the bike super fun to ride, so I just keep riding it.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
whats a good DJ for someone who mostly will be riding dirt jumps or skate park

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
i have a spesh p3, a little bigger than most dj's great for skatepark, thats mainly what I use it for. Heard great things about the PBJ

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
BunkyD wrote:
Yeh, calling it a MTB feels kinda weird to me too, but I'm not really sure what else to call it. My bmx's are fun, but all the newer bikes have super short rear ends and are just to nimbly for me to ride well. This frame is a custom so it's got a 14inch rear end, which is super short for a 26, and kinda close to the rear ends I used to ride on my 20's. The big wheels just kinda round the whole thing out nice, and makes the bike super fun to ride, so I just keep riding it.

Who made it and what's the geo? It looks real good.

Just to weigh in here - if someone doesn't ride bikes, I just say BMX. If they do ride bikes, I'll say dirt jumper. Around my friends and other DJ riders I'll go even further and say "street bike" because strictly speaking, I don't ride dirt on this thing.

Quick side note - I would recommend swapping those tires out if you're grinding. They feel great but they are seriously delicate.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I went over to bmx cuz I'm a short legged f*ck and it is way cheaper to keep running

Looking back unless I had a huge pile of money to burn I wouldnt build another dj
That's why I'm on a BMX now also. Sold my bikes back in 2013 and the cost to get on a 26" is crazy compared to a BMX. Slowly building something out of used parts but it's going to be a junker compared to the bikes I used to own.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
crs-one wrote:
if someone doesn't ride bikes, I just say BMX. If they do ride bikes, I'll say dirt jumper.

exactly, that is what I do

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
Would you guys say a used Fox 831 is worth $400 CAD ($300 USD). Owner says seals were just replaced, lowers are scratched quite a bit but I don't really care too much about looks

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

absolutely

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
zionknowles wrote:
whats a good DJ for someone who mostly will be riding dirt jumps or skate park

Commencal Absolut 2020 here, I only ride skateparks and it's great!

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 9:53 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:

absolutely

Buy it before someone else does. That's crazy cheap for an 831.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
brightbmx wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

absolutely

Buy it before someone else does. That's crazy cheap for an 831.

This is the one I was looking at: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2668234/

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014268
Mobile Version of Website