Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
sherbet wrote:
He's been a low grade troll of this thread for several years. Just ignore him.

Smile Thanks for the heads up

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 17:14 Quote
Hey guys, wondering what people are rocking for knee pads. Something thin that will fit will under jeans. I don't need them to be crazy over protective just getting old and it seems to hurt more when i decide to smack my knees agains anything. Iv bought some cheap pairs over the years but never end up wearing for comfort/bulkynes reasons. time to buy something decent. Thanks

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 17:38 Quote
travis8 wrote:
Hey guys, wondering what people are rocking for knee pads. Something thin that will fit will under jeans. I don't need them to be crazy over protective just getting old and it seems to hurt more when i decide to smack my knees agains anything. Iv bought some cheap pairs over the years but never end up wearing for comfort/bulkynes reasons. time to buy something decent. Thanks
I’ve been using the Ion K-Traze Amp for the past 2.5 months. I love them, really lightweight and easy to wear for hours comfortably. I wear them on long trail rides and in the park and stuff. They’ve got a zipper too which makes them really easy to put on. Never have issues of them sliding down either.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
I still follow and read everything in this thread but haven't posted my bike in probably 4-5 years. So here she is BlkMrkt Edit 1, she's put on some weight in this time and so have I. i would guess its over 24pounds these days. Since last pic of its gone through a chain or two, front sprocket been changed a few times, swapped the hubs, tires are pretty new, and the seat post, seat post has also slowly got taller, i guess I'm at the point of practicality over looks lol

BlkMrkt Edit 1
BlkMrkt Edit 1

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
travis8 wrote:

I use the dakine pads, cheap, and work under jeans

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
I use the raceface knee/shin combo.

They might be on the thick side as I usually ride in shorts. But not thick enough they shouldn’t fit under jeans.

I like them because they have padding along the inside of your knee, Somehow I always am hitting my knees on the frame and these work great for that.

They are a soft pad so if you say slide out in a corner and put a knee down they will slide up.

Actually they might stay under jeans, I usually ride in shorts so they are the only thing between my knee and the dirt.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
traqs wrote:
and I've tried spinning it, but I can't.. should I just punch a new hole?

You can punch a new hole if you really are stuck/lazy.

The problem with that is now the actual valve hole could be over a spoke bed- sometimes the spoke beds have a bit of a sharp edge and greatly increases the chance of a random flat

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
I’ve been using an older model Troy Lee knee/shin combo. Hard shell. Also a little thick but fit under pants and have protected me completely on some really hard slams.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
traqs wrote:
and I've tried spinning it, but I can't.. should I just punch a new hole?

You can punch a new hole if you really are stuck/lazy.

The problem with that is now the actual valve hole could be over a spoke bed- sometimes the spoke beds have a bit of a sharp edge and greatly increases the chance of a random flat

yeah, it is over the spoke bed, I think that the dude that put it together put it over that hole instead of the actual valve whole, I tried with all of my force, and as did my dad, and we had no luck, so I had to just punch a new hole. If I get a flat as a result of this, I will just have to put some thick tape over the hole over the spoke bed.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
travis8 wrote:
I still follow and read everything in this thread but haven't posted my bike in probably 4-5 years. So here she is BlkMrkt Edit 1, she's put on some weight in this time and so have I. i would guess its over 24pounds these days. Since last pic of its gone through a chain or two, front sprocket been changed a few times, swapped the hubs, tires are pretty new, and the seat post, seat post has also slowly got taller, i guess I'm at the point of practicality over looks lol

BlkMrkt Edit 1
BlkMrkt Edit 1

What travel are those forks?

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
spencer81 wrote:
travis8 wrote:

BlkMrkt Edit 1
BlkMrkt Edit 1

Looks like 100mm, probably is given the 831 decal on the Arch

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
someone buy my 831, I'll give you a deal

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
robd420 wrote:
spencer81 wrote:
travis8 wrote:

BlkMrkt Edit 1
BlkMrkt Edit 1

Looks like 100mm, probably is given the 831 decal on the Arch

Yup 100mm

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
Looking back on it, I can't believe fox decided to make their dirt jump/slope fork a 32mm stantion.

A 34 or 36 would have been so much better.

I think there was a conspiracy at the time that they had a tonne of non boost 32 parts they needed to do something with so they made the 831 to use the parts - as everybody was moving over to 34s and boost.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
It's a great fork, mine never gave me issues.
DJ1 is out to pasture

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.045031
Mobile Version of Website