Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:08 Quote
johnparkhurst wrote:
Uses bike with ridged forks to pump, also why Mtb with Suspension in skate park is lame, a 24" whoa lol. * EditI like the Paracord brake lining! I used Paracord as hub cleaners

Man I lose brain cells every time I try to read your posts

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Pro Taper (formerly known as Answer) has a tall wide 31.8 bar as well. No idea if it's any good but back fifteen or so years ago the Answer Pro-Taper was one of the best bars out.
On that note, you can find what's left of Answer products for seriously cheap online. The stem on my bike I just posted is Answer.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
Guys and a Spank Spoon 31.8 60rise bar? It’s cheap and looks clean

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
Saraiva111 wrote:
Thanks , I really don’t have trust on shims, the deity are out of stock ????
Zmcycle has the Deity and NS bars in stock.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
spyke wrote:
Saraiva111 wrote:
Thanks , I really don’t have trust on shims, the deity are out of stock ????
Zmcycle has the Deity and NS bars in stock.

We have a few deitys but some of the inventory online isn't 100% accurate.

The NS bars are pretty well accurate however.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
He's in Portugal, shipping would cost an arm and maybe a leg too...

Saraiva111 wrote:
Guys and a Spank Spoon 31.8 60rise bar? It’s cheap and looks clean

I had the same dilemma, wanted a high rise 31.8, ended up getting an inspired arcade riser. Can only recommend.

https://www.inspiredbicycles.com/inspired_arcade_riser_handlebar_p56.php?page=specification

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 22:54 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Pro Taper (formerly known as Answer) has a tall wide 31.8 bar as well. No idea if it's any good but back fifteen or so years ago the Answer Pro-Taper was one of the best bars out.

They had a nice serious flex to them as well. Didn't know how much I liked having that in a bar until not having it anymore.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 6:02 Quote

My buddy gave me his old 2005 P.2, as it was just sitting around his garage. I brought over my crankset and stem from my old enduro bike. I put a cheap Clarks m2 brake on it since this photo. He'd already put a 2009 Marz DJ2 on it a few years back. This is my first DJ.

Anyone have any clue what the geo is of this thing (L size)? I haven't been able to find any info whatsoever. I'm just curious what the numbers are, in case I look into a new frame in the future, I'd like to be able to compare easily. This thing feels tiny, but maybe that's just because I'm so used to big bikes (I'm 6'1").

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 6:15 Quote
davzx wrote:
[P][/PI]

My buddy gave me his old 2005 P.2, as it was just sitting around his garage. I brought over my crankset and stem from my old enduro bike. I put a cheap Clarks m2 brake on it since this photo. He'd already put a 2009 Marz DJ2 on it a few years back. This is my first DJ.

Anyone have any clue what the geo is of this thing (L size)? I haven't been able to find any info whatsoever. I'm just curious what the numbers are, in case I look into a new frame in the future, I'd like to be able to compare easily. This thing feels tiny, but maybe that's just because I'm so used to big bikes (I'm 6'1").
I absolutely love the look of these and they should do a remake however the geometry is basically based around the size of the seat tube, which is why it fits like a kids bike, The top tube is probably around 21" making it at least 2" too short for you

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
davzx wrote:
[P][/PI]

I absolutely love the look of these and they should do a remake however the geometry is basically based around the size of the seat tube, which is why it fits like a kids bike, The top tube is probably around 21" making it at least 2" too short for you

Thanks for the info, man. I added another 10mm to the when I put on my stem, and you can see I've maxed the spacers under the stem. Maybe I'll look into a bit higher rise bars.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
davzx wrote:
hot

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Man that's a trip down memory lane. That was my first DJ bike, and that frame lasted longer than anything I've had since. And the wheels are way better than the crap specialized switched to a few years later.

The geometry is pretty dirt jump focused and unfortunately kind of dated. I want to say 16" back end, 22" or so TT (if it's the large size), 12"ish BB. If you're coming into this from mountain bikes, you'll probably want to stretch the front end a bit - either longer stem or roll the bars forward.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Man that's a trip down memory lane. That was my first DJ bike, and that frame lasted longer than anything I've had since. And the wheels are way better than the crap specialized switched to a few years later.

The geometry is pretty dirt jump focused and unfortunately kind of dated. I want to say 16" back end, 22" or so TT (if it's the large size), 12"ish BB. If you're coming into this from mountain bikes, you'll probably want to stretch the front end a bit - either longer stem or roll the bars forward.

I think the front wheel is stock, but he swapped the rear to an atomlab standard issue when he converted to SS.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
That was my first DJ bike also. Had the short and then traded frames to someone for the long. Left that frame along with most of my personal possessions to go travel for a year, and have always regretted I didn't hang onto it.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
davzx wrote:

I still have my 2004- the geometry was printed right on the frame near the bottom bracket. They must have removed it for 2005.

New play bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018101
Mobile Version of Website