Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 22:01 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
traqs wrote:
to be hoenst, I love any color of bars that isn't black or white, maybe silver too, there are just so many that they get boring. But I do run black bars on all of my bikes to be honest

While this isn't my DJ, my MTB is running purple Chromag bars, with ODI grip clamps to match!

ODI Rogue Grips Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Chromag Fubars OSX
Ive always been a fan of coloured grips
More than coloured bars.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
yeah, that looks super sleek too. It's an exact match with the frame, that you don't see too often.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
spyke wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Finally finished my first ground up build. Really loving how this bike feels. Weight is a little over 25 pounds.

You may notice the brake cable...I was able to get the outside of a piece of paracord over it (I only covered the section that wraps around the front). Hopefully it prevents rubbing but time will tell.
The forks look pretty darn good without the decals!
I really like your pseduo-detangler set-up for your rear brake cable. I don't believe I have ever seen this before... any additional advice/experience on this would be appreciated. Your paracord covering is also kick-a@#!

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
RicochetSiam wrote:
spyke wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Finally finished my first ground up build. Really loving how this bike feels. Weight is a little over 25 pounds.

You may notice the brake cable...I was able to get the outside of a piece of paracord over it (I only covered the section that wraps around the front). Hopefully it prevents rubbing but time will tell.
The forks look pretty darn good without the decals!
I really like your pseduo-detangler set-up for your rear brake cable. I don't believe I have ever seen this before... any additional advice/experience on this would be appreciated. Your paracord covering is also kick-a@#!


...you’ve never seen someone run a long brake cable so they can barspin? I find that extremely unbelievable.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
RicochetSiam wrote:
spyke wrote:
The forks look pretty darn good without the decals!
I really like your pseduo-detangler set-up for your rear brake cable. I don't believe I have ever seen this before... any additional advice/experience on this would be appreciated. Your paracord covering is also kick-a@#!


...you’ve never seen someone run a long brake cable so they can barspin? I find that extremely unbelievable.
Of course I have seen an extra long cable but never have seen one coiled tightly around the head tube/headset like this. Never even occurred to me to do this. Been out of the game since the early 80s so I might have missed A LOT ;-)!
Cons of such a setup?

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
You need to make sure you spin the right way Eek

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:05 Quote
RicochetSiam wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
RicochetSiam wrote:

I really like your pseduo-detangler set-up for your rear brake cable. I don't believe I have ever seen this before... any additional advice/experience on this would be appreciated. Your paracord covering is also kick-a@#!


...you’ve never seen someone run a long brake cable so they can barspin? I find that extremely unbelievable.
Of course I have seen an extra long cable but never have seen one coiled tightly around the head tube/headset like this. Never even occurred to me to do this. Been out of the game since the early 80s so I might have missed A LOT ;-)!
Cons of such a setup?


Literally everyone does that, it’s amazing to me that you’ve never seen it. Cons- Looks like shit, if you actually do a lot of barspins you’re likely to over spin it and crash, rattles around as well. Nowadays anyone doing lots of bars/whips just uses a gyro.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:54 Quote
On the topic of barspins,I am thinking about purchasing the Trixer 2 gyro.Anyone have any experience with it? It is hella expensive!

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
RicochetSiam wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:



...you’ve never seen someone run a long brake cable so they can barspin? I find that extremely unbelievable.
Of course I have seen an extra long cable but never have seen one coiled tightly around the head tube/headset like this. Never even occurred to me to do this. Been out of the game since the early 80s so I might have missed A LOT ;-)!
Cons of such a setup?


Literally everyone does that, it’s amazing to me that you’ve never seen it. Cons- Looks like shit, if you actually do a lot of barspins you’re likely to over spin it and crash, rattles around as well. Nowadays anyone doing lots of bars/whips just uses a gyro.

I don’t do a lot of them so, for me it’s fine. Also FYI Matt Jones runs an extra long brake cable and I’ve definitely seen other pros recently still doing the same.

And yeah there is no fancy detangling setup here, it’s just coiled around.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
spyke wrote:
On the topic of barspins,I am thinking about purchasing the Trixer 2 gyro.Anyone have any experience with it? It is hella expensive!

I’ve got one. Huge improvement over the mechanical gyros I’ve been using for the past 3 years. Theoretically it’s will last forever as well, so yeah I highly recommend it. Easy setup, brake feels exactly the same as it would without the gyro, and it doesn’t even add very much friction to the system, which is the main improvement over the original one.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
spyke wrote:
On the topic of barspins,I am thinking about purchasing the Trixer 2 gyro.Anyone have any experience with it? It is hella expensive!

I’ve got one. Huge improvement over the mechanical gyros I’ve been using for the past 3 years. Theoretically it’s will last forever as well, so yeah I highly recommend it. Easy setup, brake feels exactly the same as it would without the gyro, and it doesn’t even add very much friction to the system, which is the main improvement over the original one.
Do you have have gen 1 or gen 2 version? The gen 2 is a much more improved design.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
spyke wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
spyke wrote:
On the topic of barspins,I am thinking about purchasing the Trixer 2 gyro.Anyone have any experience with it? It is hella expensive!

I’ve got one. Huge improvement over the mechanical gyros I’ve been using for the past 3 years. Theoretically it’s will last forever as well, so yeah I highly recommend it. Easy setup, brake feels exactly the same as it would without the gyro, and it doesn’t even add very much friction to the system, which is the main improvement over the original one.
Do you have have gen 1 or gen 2 version? The gen 2 is a much more improved design.

He has gen2.

They seem to have been very reliable compared to the last ones

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
spyke wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:


I’ve got one. Huge improvement over the mechanical gyros I’ve been using for the past 3 years. Theoretically it’s will last forever as well, so yeah I highly recommend it. Easy setup, brake feels exactly the same as it would without the gyro, and it doesn’t even add very much friction to the system, which is the main improvement over the original one.
Do you have have gen 1 or gen 2 version? The gen 2 is a much more improved design.

He has gen2.

They seem to have been very reliable compared to the last ones

^^

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
New bike

Haven’t been active on here in a while but I thought I’d post a few photos of my new bike. Pretty happy with it.

You got yourself a real looker there. Very sweet.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
spyke wrote:
On the topic of barspins,I am thinking about purchasing the Trixer 2 gyro.Anyone have any experience with it? It is hella expensive!

I’ve got one. Huge improvement over the mechanical gyros I’ve been using for the past 3 years. Theoretically it’s will last forever as well, so yeah I highly recommend it. Easy setup, brake feels exactly the same as it would without the gyro, and it doesn’t even add very much friction to the system, which is the main improvement over the original one.

Is there someplace in the US that sells them? Thanks


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018355
Mobile Version of Website