Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
sherbet wrote:
We have freecoaster hubs.

Really more like "We have freecoaster hub" because the only truly reputable option is the Profile hub. Beyond that, not much consistent or reputable in the 135x10 with 6-bolt rotor mount freecoaster market. :-(

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
traqs wrote:
anyone running brakeless? right now, mine are doing more harm than good, and they are noisy, and they don't work. I think it looks a little odd to have a DJ with no brakes, but does anyone do it? I don't ride dirt jumps, only skateparks and street.

Most of The Rise guys are brakeless, and they are mostly street/park. Lots of the Russian street mtb guys (Alexey Sinayko is an animal, btw) run brakeless.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
The KHE Geisha MTB was a solid freecoaster hub.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
I'm jealous of brakeless riders, their commitment level is at all times much higher than mine

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
ah I see, just took my brake off, I can always put it back on, bit concerned for my shoes, cause I ride to and from the skatepark almost every day, we'll see what happens though

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 22:29 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
I'm jealous of brakeless riders, their commitment level is at all times much higher than mine
Couldn't agree more! I've tried riding brakeless at skateparks, but was too afraid to commit to anything other then 180s Razz

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
jbeast796 wrote:
Hey I'm looking to build my own dirt jumper from the ground up for the first time. One thing I kind of want is color-coordinated anodized components (probably going to do a black-green-gold build but we'll see). What are some cool companies making MTB/DJ components I can build off of?

I'm in the US and have a pretty solid budget for this build since I want to make a sweet bike I can ride for a long time. I've been out of the loop for a few years so I just don't even know where to start. Feel free to link me some inspiration builds if you want Wink

You might have difficulty matching greens from different companies. With my Purple build the variation between purples from different manufacturers was quite stunning - from almost pink to almost blue.

Hope makes hubs / stems / pedals / brakes etc in matching ano colours. Industry 9 could offer matching hubs & stem.

Best of luck!

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 3:50 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
it's not commitment

We can't stop

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
jespinal wrote:
alexeyter wrote:
it's not commitment

We can't stop

lol, i know its true though haha

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
Yup, interested please.

alexeyter wrote:
Anyone want my Pike DJ for cheap? Nothing wrong with it but I've decided on a full new build.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
In my opinion, a dropper post has no purpose on a DJ bike. At the very most, just get a quick throw lever for your seat post clamp and run a long post if youre going out for a pedal. I'll never run a dropper on a DJ
1000% idunno what a dropper is but herd of a Springer front end chopper! I was poundering about this too, I usually only slam my saddle when I'm about to air out/jump other then that it's set for comfort/mostly

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
traqs wrote:
anyone running brakeless? right now, mine are doing more harm than good, and they are noisy, and they don't work. I think it looks a little odd to have a DJ with no brakes, but does anyone do it? I don't ride dirt jumps, only skateparks and street.

You just kinda get used to it imo, I do think if I did more than some janky street/skatepark riding i'd probably need one.

21 sittin on 26 s.

All my brakeless rigs so far

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
yeah thats kind of what I was thinking, since i only ride park, I don't really need it ig, I took my rig to proper dirt jumps once, and I don't see myself doing that again anytime soon, it was rough.. just save my big bike for that lol

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
I forget who it was, but they said they always put brakes on their bike because they're cheep! (0fcorse this was on BMX) brakes are nice!! Guess you don't need them if you're willing to go through a good set of shoes or you're doing a ton of barspins and tailwhips, gyro!! Brakes is what separates bikes from skateboards to me kindaa

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
Ironically my street bike has brakes for jibs meanwhile my dirt jump bike has none

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015218
Mobile Version of Website