Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
Takes more than a day to get used to it.

yeah nah, I figured that, I nearly had a few bad crashes from rogue skateboards, and scooter riders that don't know how to open there eyes, it wasn't really the riding, but instead the other people

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
traqs wrote:
haro-rider-13 wrote:

yeah nah, I figured that, I nearly had a few bad crashes from rogue skateboards, and scooter riders that don't know how to open there eyes, it wasn't really the riding, but instead the other people
smash into them, I am above 200lbs with a fluoro pink bike and still the kid didn't see me

He got knocked the f*ck out when he crashed into me, now he double checks every time he drops in

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
spyke wrote:
jespinal wrote:
spyke wrote:
Very few companies produce their own rims,it cost a crapload of money to set up a factory producing rims.Dartmoor is a very small company compared to the big players in the mtb world,so issues along the way is to be expected.
ah shit just remembered, the case applies to spain and I got it from a shop in malaga IIRC they had warranty issues alongside customs issues

Longstory short, 6 frames never got delivered to the shop and since that dartmoor is quite hard to find here
Is that all! I assume the shop got a refund for the frames.
nope, that's why people stoped csring about dartmoor hwre they simply didn't answer

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
jespinal wrote:
traqs wrote:
haro-rider-13 wrote:

smash into them, I am above 200lbs with a fluoro pink bike and still the kid didn't see me

He got knocked the f*ck out when he crashed into me, now he double checks every time he drops in
i guess they need to learn somehow lmao

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
I would never ride brakeless,not worth the risk involved.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
jespinal wrote:
spyke wrote:
jespinal wrote:
ah shit just remembered, the case applies to spain and I got it from a shop in malaga IIRC they had warranty issues alongside customs issues

Longstory short, 6 frames never got delivered to the shop and since that dartmoor is quite hard to find here
Is that all! I assume the shop got a refund for the frames.
nope, that's why people stoped csring about dartmoor hwre they simply didn't answer
That sucks for them it did not get resolved,but there is always two sides to every story.I like the brand and have had no issues with them.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
Destroyed my heels the same with skate shoes. Check out FP insoles. They allow me to ride in skates shoes but not blow out my heels on bails. Plus if they work for JAWS doing Lyons they will easily work for me. LOL

man-wolf wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
On the topic of shoes, do you guys prefer skate shoes or MTB flat shoes? I have both types and deciding which would be better to use

For me it depends on the shoe construction. First off, I've been a skater for decades and tried quite a lot of shoes. One thing I have learned is that what works for skateboarding doesn't necessarily work for dirt jumping. I love to skate in vulcanized shoes generally, but the impacts from bailing on dirt jumps can be brutal. I had been riding in a pair of Emerica vulc midtops for a while and they felt great at first, but I came down hard one time and bruised the shit out of both heels. Done with that. Almost all MTB shoes are going to have cupsole construction, which is stiffer and better for impact absorption. Also more reinforced uppers. To me the Etnies we've been discussing, the Marana Crank, is the best combination of features and construction for riding. So I would definitely lean towards MTB specific shoes, BUT any cupsole skate shoe should also be a decent choice. It really depends what you're looking for.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
ThePeanutGallery wrote:
Destroyed my heels the same with skate shoes. Check out FP insoles. They allow me to ride in skates shoes but not blow out my heels on bails. Plus if they work for JAWS doing Lyons they will easily work for me. LOL

man-wolf wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
On the topic of shoes, do you guys prefer skate shoes or MTB flat shoes? I have both types and deciding which would be better to use

For me it depends on the shoe construction. First off, I've been a skater for decades and tried quite a lot of shoes. One thing I have learned is that what works for skateboarding doesn't necessarily work for dirt jumping. I love to skate in vulcanized shoes generally, but the impacts from bailing on dirt jumps can be brutal. I had been riding in a pair of Emerica vulc midtops for a while and they felt great at first, but I came down hard one time and bruised the shit out of both heels. Done with that. Almost all MTB shoes are going to have cupsole construction, which is stiffer and better for impact absorption. Also more reinforced uppers. To me the Etnies we've been discussing, the Marana Crank, is the best combination of features and construction for riding. So I would definitely lean towards MTB specific shoes, BUT any cupsole skate shoe should also be a decent choice. It really depends what you're looking for.

I've been considering purchasing something from them for a while, I think now is the time. Cool company started by skaters. Which specific model do you ride, the Gamechanger? And you ride in vulcanized shoes?

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
Skateshoes are designed for skateboarding,not bike riding.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
spyke wrote:

Good thing they're unintentionally perfect for bike riding then

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
johnparkhurst wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Even macduff is rocking brakes now.

Brakeless is terrifying, I dislike not having the ability to use a brake.

I remember riding around a local town once brakeless. f*ck me it was scary
I don't even want to think about it!!

It's simple enough in theory, you just wedge your shoe between the seatstay and the rear tire and you slow down quite a bit.

Started going downhill though and gathering speed uncomfortably quickly headed towards a roundabout. I was like Eek

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
I ride in Vans Sk8 High pros. They grip really well, but not insanely good, which I like, since I can move my foot around if i don't land perfectly on my pedals. they are also a little thicker, so more protection. not much but I'll take what i can get.
Also gonna add space braces. after going from a slope back to a hardtail, I'm starting to feel it in my ankles.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
spyke wrote:
this,
for starters skate shoes don't need to be as stiff as bike shoes, there isn't a single skate shoe out there that I've found to be even 80% the stiffness of 5 10s

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 18:04 Quote
crs-one wrote:
spyke wrote:

Good thing they're unintentionally perfect for bike riding then
Skaters say the same thing about 510's too.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
spyke wrote:
this,
for starters skate shoes don't need to be as stiff as bike shoes, there isn't a single skate shoe out there that I've found to be even 80% the stiffness of 5 10s
Skate shoes just have alot of padding for the sides to protect the ankles.Plus they are big and bulky to wear.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014739
Mobile Version of Website