Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Doesn't the new circus have a 15mm?

There's also some 15mm Circus Comp and Experts floating around from Specialized OEM spec. Those are also all tapered though I believe.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
crs-one wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
Doesn't the new circus have a 15mm?

There's also some 15mm Circus Comp and Experts floating around from Specialized OEM spec. Those are also all tapered though I believe.

Yeah that’s what I’ve been seeing. It honestly may be easier to just replace his front wheel with a 15mm and get a circus rather than to try and make something that will fit from other forks.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
My roomate has an old (2014) GT ruckus dirt jumper, the stock fork is a super soft rockshox recon, and I’ve been trying to find a new fork that’ll hopefully be stiffer but I literally cannot find anything anywhere. It needs to be 100mm, straight steerer and have a 15mm axle. Air would be preferable. Anyone know what I should look for?

Pretty sure the 2014 GT Ruckus has a tapered headtube, but has an internal lower cup installed that downsizes it to straight 1&1/8.

If you swap to an external lower headset cup, you can run a tapered fork.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
My roomate has an old (2014) GT ruckus dirt jumper, the stock fork is a super soft rockshox recon, and I’ve been trying to find a new fork that’ll hopefully be stiffer but I literally cannot find anything anywhere. It needs to be 100mm, straight steerer and have a 15mm axle. Air would be preferable. Anyone know what I should look for?

Pretty sure the 2014 GT Ruckus has a tapered headtube, but has an internal lower cup installed that downsizes it to straight 1&1/8.

If you swap to an external lower headset cup, you can run a tapered fork.

That very well may be the case. GT lists the bike as having a tapered headtube but I took the fork off to do a service and didn’t notice any sort of cup in there, but I’ll check again as that’d make finding a fork much easier. Thanks!

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
Someone sell me a 2015 Pike DJ in White. I NEED.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
traqs wrote:
spray paint?

Nah, it needs to be OEM

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
ah I see, might be worth trying to find just the lowers of a different 26 fork, and throwing your stanchions in. and just reducing the travel if need be

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 18:37 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
ImMattWard wrote:
Manitou Circus, or an older Fox/Marzocchi.

Yeah I can’t find a circus in 15mm axle and non tapered... that’s the issue, any fork that’s has a 15mm axle is tapered.
The easiest solution would be to just switch to a 20mm front hub.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 20:59 Quote
traqs wrote:
ah I see, might be worth trying to find just the lowers of a different 26 fork, and throwing your stanchions in. and just reducing the travel if need be

Would love to, but I want the crown to be white, and I need a complete extra fork. I appreciate the advice though man! I just need a whole new fork for my new Slope bike, so I can use my current fork on my current slope bike.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 21:47 Quote
ah i see, i didn't even think of the crown lol.. that would look super weird

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 22:51 Quote
Why is it so important that it is OEM?

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 3:54 Quote
We need a pink bike app

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
Why is it so important that it is OEM?

They were only ever produced as OEM.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
spyke wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
ImMattWard wrote:
Manitou Circus, or an older Fox/Marzocchi.

Yeah I can’t find a circus in 15mm axle and non tapered... that’s the issue, any fork that’s has a 15mm axle is tapered.
The easiest solution would be to just switch to a 20mm front hub.

Yes definitely, however this bike was 100% free for my buddy and he’s trying to keep on a real tight budget.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014331
Mobile Version of Website