Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
I'd go with the profile, I really like my elite freewheel. Noticeable drag while it broke in but now it's great. I went from the white industries and it definitely feels like an upgrade!

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 22:29 Quote
Way too much bitching in this thread and not enough bike pic posts...

Here's my updated Identiti Dr Jekyll. I'm liking the new Trixer gyro so far, but it did take US customs over 2 weeks to release it.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
Mine took almost two months to arrive in total, but yes, big improvement over mechanical gyros.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
Finally got my axle in to complete the build! Haven't taken it jumping yet but it feels pretty good just riding around, although I may get a smaller chainring or larger rear cog because the gearing is pretty high

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
is that poc like helmet poc?

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
PDC, not POC. My bud use to have one of their DH frames. Proper pinner stuff.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
ahh I see, couldn't quite tell haha. thought like maybe it was a sponsor, cause I saw the magura sticker too. Thanks for clearing it up

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:24 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Finally got my axle in to complete the build! Haven't taken it jumping yet but it feels pretty good just riding around, although I may get a smaller chainring or larger rear cog because the gearing is pretty high

[51][/PI]
It looked rough at first but you didn't give up and it turned out very solid in the end, I would raise the seat to pinch but that's personal preference

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
skunkape wrote:
I'd go with the profile, I really like my elite freewheel. Noticeable drag while it broke in but now it's great. I went from the white industries and it definitely feels like an upgrade!
Appreciate the recommendation... now leaning harder towards Profile! Cheers and respects.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
alexeyter wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

[51][/PI]
It looked rough at first but you didn't give up and it turned out very solid in the end, I would raise the seat to pinch but that's personal preference

Thanks! will probably make small adjustments like that once I really get to try it out

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 0:51 Quote
matt-15 wrote:

Nice retro build. I want to suggest that you don't change the gear ratio. It (having a tough gear) helps you learn how to pump properly. Whether on a pump track or jump line, pumping is what makes you either smooth or slop. Really in a real world situation you try not to pedal within approx- 15-20 feet of a jump anyway, and most experienced riders know that speed becomes an intuition thing, rather than a 'scramble up enough speed to hit this' at the last second thing. You want to get most of your speed from body English/pumping, not from pedalling. Sorry for ranting

As a bonus you can commute like a madman with a hard ratio. Change the tooth number on either by two and commuting becomes completely impractical.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 4:41 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

[251][/PI]

Nice retro build. I want to suggest that you don't change the gear ratio. It (having a tough gear) helps you learn how to pump properly. Whether on a pump track or jump line, pumping is what makes you either smooth or slop. Really in a real world situation you try not to pedal within approx- 15-20 feet of a jump anyway, and most experienced riders know that speed becomes an intuition thing, rather than a 'scramble up enough speed to hit this' at the last second thing. You want to get most of your speed from body English/pumping, not from pedalling. Sorry for ranting

As a bonus you can commute like a madman with a hard ratio. Change the tooth number on either by two and commuting becomes completely impractical.
yup all of this

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
Love my 25x10 setup. On the rare occasion I need to pedal between jumps the power is there, and it is great for cruising around town.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016027
Mobile Version of Website