Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
just going to say that.. unreal dude, looks fantastic

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
How much does it weigh?

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
How much does it weigh?

Depends which cranks end up on there. Those ones pictured are bent, I just threw them on so I could ride. I've got some warranty SLX 7100 coming in soon, and I am probably going to replace these Aeffects with Atlas Cinch. So 22.9-23.2 pounds.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
I don't know how you guys ride these Uber light bikes. I feel like I'm gonna fall off in the air of anything that weighs less than 25lb. I had my bike down to 23 with air fork and lighter cranks. I've since changed over to heavier cranks and a coil Van 36mm fork to feel normal again. May even consider heavier bars.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
CN anyone help me out? So took my new profile elites into the lbs today. They came with a 16t cog on and I desperately need a 12. They've contacted profile and they've said they don't have any 12t cogs in stock in Europe, which seems crazy to believe. Are people bulk buying cogs too?

Are there any alternatives or does it need to be a profile only part? As the teeth to go onto the cassette look a different style to the standard Shimano looking ones.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
Ya but you said you were a bigger guy right? So potentially you would need stronger and heavier parts. Could be a feeling/could be personal preference.

Myself If I had phils frame I would get carbon wheels ( like CR not some xc this time)
And lots of carbon parts make it nice and light.

Its all just preference. I can’t stand heavy tires and a good buddy of mine loves hookworms. I think its just we all like different things.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
Do you guys think fox will release a 38 831 when the release the 38, or are they going to stick with the 36? I'm going to be buying a new fork, but I'm wondering whether to buy a placeholder and wait or just get a 36.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
Just want to shout out; your totem has stanchions that have the same diameter as the suspension travel on my last DJ bike.

Thought it was an interesting tidbit.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
Meeners wrote:
I don't know how you guys ride these Uber light bikes. I feel like I'm gonna fall off in the air of anything that weighs less than 25lb. I had my bike down to 23 with air fork and lighter cranks. I've since changed over to heavier cranks and a coil Van 36mm fork to feel normal again. May even consider heavier bars.

I think a big part of it is that I'm nearly exclusively riding street on mine - generating my own pop rather than using a lip. So being able to hoist up and throw around a light bike is more helpful than having a more stable bike to handle big fast dirt jumps. Beyond that, it's a matter of getting used to it - I've been gradually refining the geo, strengthening what needs to be stronger, and shaving away weight for like 12 years at this point.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Meeners wrote:

I think a big part of it is that I'm nearly exclusively riding street on mine - generating my own pop rather than using a lip. So being able to hoist up and throw around a light bike is more helpful than having a more stable bike to handle big fast dirt jumps. Beyond that, it's a matter of getting used to it - I've been gradually refining the geo, strengthening what needs to be stronger, and shaving away weight for like 12 years at this point.

That was a great way to articulate that. That actually makes a ton of sense.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 19:04 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Someone sell me a 2015 Pike DJ in White. I NEED.

I see you had some success?

Just throwing it out for documentation purposes this bike was short lived for me. A quick turn to steal a part. Didnt even break even but I got the fork I wanted

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Someone sell me a 2015 Pike DJ in White. I NEED.

I see you had some success?

Just throwing it out for documentation purposes this bike was short lived for me. A quick turn to steal a part. Didnt even break even but I got the fork I wanted

haha yep. Had to buy an entire bike to steal the fork. I put a new Manitou Circus PRO on it and sold it to a buddy! I'm waiting on a few parts to get both of my Ticket S' put back together, but for now here's my P.Slope as I sold it haha

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
A+ for matching the tape on the seat to the bar! why did you tape the seat down? it wasn't taped in your previous pictures

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
traqs wrote:
A+ for matching the tape on the seat to the bar! why did you tape the seat down? it wasn't taped in your previous pictures

it kept on moving. im hoping to get some new grips, forks tyres etc and a new rear cog or front sprocket as the gearing is like a trials bike. its not the prettiest thing ever but its my 'spare cash' budget build that im proud of.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015276
Mobile Version of Website