Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
I finally got around to putting the new decals on the fork. Now I just need to figure out a pair of pedals.

Dartmoor Cody Tapered, Marzocchi DJ1

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Isn't that a trials bike gear ratio? Hahah

Yeah, its pretty low. lol. I just tossed on what I had- I need to order a smaller one.

My primary goal right now is to get it to the pump track though, so it doesn't really matter at the moment.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I finally got around to putting the new decals on the fork. Now I just need to figure out a pair of pedals.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Simple, Steel. MIGHTY FINE!!! I love your bike!!!!! Props... I just built a steel frame with an older DJ1 and I love it. What year is yours? I love what you did with the stealth stickers. Here's my old 2010ish DJ1 in graphite.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
Meeners wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Simple, Steel. MIGHTY FINE!!! I love your bike!!!!! Props... I just built a steel frame with an older DJ1 and I love it. What year is yours? I love what you did with the stealth stickers. Here's my old 2010ish DJ1 in graphite.

Mine is a 2016 maybe? It was the last run of them, in fact mine came with a stick on the lower that said "A Fox Brand", or some crap like that.

I love the graphite on yours. It's funny that they were once the quintessential jump fork, and now you almost hardly see them.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Meeners wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Mine is a 2016 maybe? It was the last run of them, in fact mine came with a stick on the lower that said "A Fox Brand", or some crap like that.

I love the graphite on yours. It's funny that they were once the quintessential jump fork, and now you almost hardly see them.

iLL Bike Candy frame that the original owner meticulously covered with stamps from all over the world....I stamped the fork with stamps sent along with the frame all the way from Australia to me in California. A legendary bike it is.

I was lucky enough to find this white DJ1 brand new here on the buy/sell recently. I think it's the 3rd one I've had, they're great simple bombproof forks.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
are they hub guards on the rigid?

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
Bored AF

Here's a video:

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
everyones got way nicer bikes than me lol

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 6:20 Quote

All my current 'Working' (Or just barely) bikes.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 6:27 Quote

Another angle at the skatepark

it needs a new front crankset and sprocket as the front sprocket is a 24t! new grips and forks are also needed

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
how are those tires for skatepark? just off the look of them, they look like they would be kind of slow, and loose

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
traqs wrote:
how are those tires for skatepark? just off the look of them, they look like they would be kind of slow, and loose

the rear is great but the front is heavy and doesnt grip very well if you land sideways ish

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
yeah, I would imagine.. They seem like they would be pretty decent on dirt though?

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
traqs wrote:
yeah, I would imagine.. They seem like they would be pretty decent on dirt though?

Oh yeah, really grippy for dirt jumps.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:13 Quote
Hi all!
Not sure if this off topic or not, new to Pinkbike forums. But I have an issue, i no longer feel comfortable on my jump bike. I have both a jump bike and free ride bike and can throw a bag of tricks on command on my big bike (tuck no’s, suicides etc...) but can barely crack a whip on my jump bike. I’m kinda thinking it’s because I’ve been off of a jump bike for a while but idk. Any advice? Cheers guys ????

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020349
Mobile Version of Website