Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
noisette wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Fireflies wrote:

[Onooka Ronic, current build]

Hey guys, I'm thinking about changing the forks on my Onooka as the Circus Comp are quite heavy. Found a used and relatively cheap pair of 2009ish Revelations 409/RCT online that would fit without changing anything else (tapered, 20 mm axle) and should be just below 2 kg (compared to the Circus 2,4 kg). Any Opinions on the Revelation? I'm struggling a bit on the decision as they are quite old by now, but back in the day I had very good experiences with Pikes and Argyles. Also I don't want to spend too much money which is why pike dj + 15 mm hub is not an option atm.

Thanks for your help!

I've never seen or heard of that frame before, but it looks so nice!!! As for the revelations, I'm not so sure if they'll be stiff enough as they're more of an xc fork, how about some circus experts instead of the comps? The expert is a massive improvement in weight and feel over the comp and they go for pennies (at least in the UK they do), it's either that or old (pre 2012) fox 36 floats go extremely cheap too and you can lower them down to 100mm easily

What hub are you running up front? Are you sure you can't get a conversion kit to 15mm?
I have a revelation on the zircus, but it's kinda irrelevant cos it's a 15mm axle 650b RL from '14 - and I never ridden older ones. It works just fine, for the record.
On the long run you're probably best off redoing your wheel with a 15mm hub, or something that's easily convertible, I think.
2 cents
Thanks for the input! I think I should probably save up and wait for a good deal on an expert.

Onooka was a small german brand that only existed for a few years before going ending business 4~5 years ago. They were owned by the same guy as Leaf cycles back then. Really loved their work which is why I bought one of the very last bikes they made.

Hub is from Kartell (Onooka's and Leaf cycles in house brand). It might be some sort of rebranded Novatec or similar that came with the bike. So far running without a single problem but I dont know of any conversion kits.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 17:56 Quote
My custom 2016 voltage

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
super nice! what is that gear ratio? it looks really heavy!

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
traqs wrote:

34-12 so about 74 gear inches.
Biggest gear i can physically run with this frame and hub lol

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:21 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
traqs wrote:

Jheeeses, here's me on 30/13 lol

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
haha i thought it looked big! epic!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 5:09 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
traqs wrote:

Which leg do you use to power that beastly ratio - your third one or all three

;-d

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
everyones got way nicer bikes than me lol
that's okay bro as long as you can ride. However if you want to improve your bike situation maybe consider what your values are. For example, I live in an empty apartment without a single piece of furniture and I sleep on a blow up mattress. However, I do have new osx bars coming monday.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
everyones got way nicer bikes than me lol
that's okay bro as long as you can ride. However if you want to improve your bike situation maybe consider what your values are. For example, I live in an empty apartment without a single piece of furniture and I sleep on a blow up mattress. However, I do have new osx bars coming monday.

hell yeah, agreed! but the most important thing is that you can ride! as Alex said.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
Bored AF these days, here's a bike check on my Wife's NS Capital 24.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
Thats sick I’ve been checking your progress on the r dog frame everyday it’s so sick

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 14:49 Quote
pnwshreddin wrote:
Thats sick I’ve been checking your progress on the r dog frame everyday it’s so sick

Thanks man, I am SO close to getting that bike done! I just need 2 boxes of spokes, and some stickers, then it's finished. Hoping to have it done this week!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
Finished build

This may not look like a street bike, cuz its got everything a trail bike has, But this is a size XS on a rider that should be riding a Medium. This thing is a street weapon, 27.5 sure, but you can bhop this thing miles and gap some crazy stuff

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
Tdawgtit wrote:
Tristanc wrote:
traqs wrote:

Which leg do you use to power that beastly ratio - your third one or all three

;-d

Starting isnt fun, i have to use all three legs to go anywhere Frown

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:33 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
pnwshreddin wrote:

Thanks man, I am SO close to getting that bike done! I just need 2 boxes of spokes, and some stickers, then it's finished. Hoping to have it done this week!
Nice!!!!!! So close. Post pics when done?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015874
Mobile Version of Website