Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 5, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
dtayl12 wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:

Basically u will need to tighten at the point of the egg shape to pull it back in and loosen oppsotie side of the wheel. Search Ali Clarkson on youtube and watch his video on building strong wheels, I followed this and the wheels are pretty bang on for true and hub center

it feels 100% wrong to stress the wheels, but after i did it, my wheels are so damn strong.

I know what u mean, to start with I only gingerly stepped on the spokes, but by the end I was bouncing lol

my previous wheels were machined by hope and compared to my wheels now, they were like noodles. my wheels right now feel like 80% of how stiff carbon rims feel.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
I used Ali's video also (coupled with a book by Roger Musson) and nailed my first wheel build pretty spot on. Even after lots of riding and hard landings my wheels are still solid. Great feeling for sure.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 20:57 Quote
Well, certainly didn't know I'd get to ride these today. Took me 13km to get there and I got flat on my way home with 6km left (told ya Mannie lol) but was welllllll worth it.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 21:10 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
Well, certainly didn't know I'd get to ride these today. Took me 13km to get there and I got flat on my way home with 6km left (told ya Mannie lol) but was welllllll worth it.

Noooo. So sorry man!

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:

Lol how's everything running? Haven't been out there in a while as i prefer bear but heard they got the straight line running good now.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 22:15 Quote
conditions are great, everything is shaped nicely, they are a little quirky and I think I want to go back with a shovel and remove some rocks and branches

this was my first time there, on a new bike and after 5 months off from dirt so I think I will find more flow as I go

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
My Trek Ticket S

Trek Ticket 4X Build Fox 36 Forks Halo Vapour Supadrive Wheels Renthal Cockpit Shimano Saint Groupset
Trek Ticket 4X Build Fox 36 Forks Halo Vapour Supadrive Wheels Renthal Cockpit Shimano Saint Groupset
Trek Ticket S Build

Just needs switching over to some summer tyres now.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 23:29 Quote
jackhudson44 wrote:
My Trek Ticket S

Trek Ticket S Build

Just needs switching over to some summer tyres now.

absolute weapon!

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 23:31 Quote
wow I didn't think the orange fox would work with that frame but it looks amazing. What spindle is on those Saint cranks?

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 23:34 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
wow I didn't think the orange fox would work with that frame but it looks amazing. What spindle is on those Saint cranks?

I was really sceptical when I first got them but I love them now its built up.

They're 68/73mm cranks.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 23:35 Quote
jackhudson44 wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:

They're 68/73mm cranks.
sorry I meant diameter? 24mm?

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 23:37 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
jackhudson44 wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:

They're 68/73mm cranks.
sorry I meant diameter? 24mm?

Oh sorry, my bad!

You're right with 24mm.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
Hey guys! I'm in the uk hoping for some help on finding a good 26 frame dirt/park riding, on a bit of a budget though so up to 300, been looking at the octane one frames so far, Zircus, Void, spark. With the zircus being only 150 to buy does anyone have any personal experience with this or know anyone who's got this frame? Let me know of anyone other frames out there as I stopped riding 8 years ago and starting again!
The variety of frame available now are so different! Wheres the atomlab trailing gone?!

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
I had a gen 2 void lovely frame and a 100mm fork gives it a good al around geometry, it is an enjoyable frame.

It is also made out of crmo which means it is better suited for street as it has more flex than alu.

The zircus on the other hand is a dirt focus frame with a lower bottom bracket. Quality wise I love octane one and never had an issue with their parts

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
keith24mtb wrote:
Wheres the atomlab trailing gone?!

It's back actually, I just got my warranty frame a month or two ago. Crazy progressive geo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv81 0.018006
Mobile Version of Website