Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 2:17 Quote
cheezitsprocket wrote:
LoveBansheeScream wrote:
Street bike from street-trial
Street trial or dirt 150 mm in street trial ...

rigid fork and a bmx seat and this could be an interesting street toy

Agreed

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
So I bought an old dobermann frame off a local guy last fall hoping to get back into DJ thinking It was one of the 24/26 compatible frames they did. Turns out it’s a 24 specific frame so if I can’t figure out a way to stuff a 26 in their I’m gonna have to buy a new frame. Kind of blows
I did this back in 2012. Definitely more headache than it's worth. I was able to get a wheel in the dropouts but figuring out chain tension was difficult!

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 6:15 Quote
skunkape wrote:
haro-rider-13 wrote:
So I bought an old dobermann frame off a local guy last fall hoping to get back into DJ thinking It was one of the 24/26 compatible frames they did. Turns out it’s a 24 specific frame so if I can’t figure out a way to stuff a 26 in their I’m gonna have to buy a new frame. Kind of blows
I did this back in 2012. Definitely more headache than it's worth. I was able to get a wheel in the dropouts but figuring out chain tension was difficult!

Looks streety as!

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
skunkape wrote:
haro-rider-13 wrote:
I think christianwallis did something similar when illbike welded a 24" rear end to his, suposedly, 26" frame by mistake he solved it by running a 1.95 tire rear and a half link chain and a lot of thoughts and prayers

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Jeddi7 wrote:
Does anyone know of any cranks available that will fit the sram gxp pf92 bb? I have one glued into my frame (bike shop suggestion) so don't really want to get a new bb. Can't find any 165mm sram cranks anywhere that aren't dub.

A bike shop advised you to glue your BB in!?

Bearing retention compound or certain types of locktite are correct when installing a PF BB, not grease. Pinkbike always wonders why their shit creaks; that's why.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Jeddi7 wrote:
Does anyone know of any cranks available that will fit the sram gxp pf92 bb? I have one glued into my frame (bike shop suggestion) so don't really want to get a new bb. Can't find any 165mm sram cranks anywhere that aren't dub.

A bike shop advised you to glue your BB in!?

Bearing retention compound or certain types of locktite are correct when installing a PF BB, not grease. Pinkbike always wonders why their shit creaks; that's why.

That’s the one, thanks man

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
Here's what Wheels Mfg says about installing a pf BB into carbon frames

https://wheelsmfg.com/carbon-bike-grease

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
jespinal wrote:
skunkape wrote:
haro-rider-13 wrote:
I think christianwallis did something similar when illbike welded a 24" rear end to his, suposedly, 26" frame by mistake he solved it by running a 1.95 tire rear and a half link chain and a lot of thoughts and prayers
yep. The Kenda Komfort tire helped since it’s a really low profile. Honestly kinda miss that frame, but it’s moved on Michal and he’s done a great job building it up.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 16:52 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:

Wheels makes great stuff and I tend to trust them for nearly everything, but I'm with sherbet here. Loctite/bearing retainer compound on the install is the way to shut up a pressfit creaky bottom bracket.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 18:10 Quote
crs-one wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:

Wheels makes great stuff and I tend to trust them for nearly everything, but I'm with sherbet here. Loctite/bearing retainer compound on the install is the way to shut up a pressfit creaky bottom bracket.
I have their bb30 to 24mm conversion bb so I could use my old Atlas cranks and I think I prefer this style versus even an old fashioned threaded.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
Is that one with a threaded sleeve?

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 21:55 Quote
skunkape wrote:
Is that one with a threaded sleeve?
yea

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
jespinal wrote:
skunkape wrote:

yep. The Kenda Komfort tire helped since it’s a really low profile. Honestly kinda miss that frame, but it’s moved on Michal and he’s done a great job building it up.

Thanks Christian, so stoked that you like how it turned out. I get it though, sometimes you miss the bike a lot......if you ever really, really, really want the frame back we can talk of course. Just know that I love it just about as much as you, I'm sure, so it went to someone who appreciates her. As for the tire issue, it was kinda funny with how it worked out for me. I can swear that when you were telling me about the frame and the tire clearance you said Kenda Kranium....looking back at the messages, you did say Komfort, hahaa. Anyway, I got 2.1 Kraniums and when they arrived I wanted to check the fitment to make sure it would work because if not, I was just going to order PowerBlocks as a replacement. However, I didn't have the rim to build the rear wheel yet so I used the rear wheel from another bike I was building concurrently (that one has been sitting unfinished for months, can't afford cranks to finish her, lol). So with the borrowed wheel, I could tell that the Kranium would work and I was stoked. Didn't take the Kranium off the borrowed wheel because I figured I would do it when the rear was finally built for the iLL. So I just installed the donor wheel back on the other roller of a bike and every time I saw the Kranium on the other bike, I just liked it too much, hahaa. So that's why the stamped iLL has Cult Vans 2.1, hahaa. In the end I got the Vans instead of PowerBlocks because I like trying everything and hadn't tried the Vans yet. The Vans fitment was perfect with a Shadow Supreme half-link right off the bat, so stoked.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
thoughts on the ns soda slope?

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
So my bike came with BMX cranks as standard but I'm maybe thinking about a seam xo or something alike to shed some weight. Can you get single speed chain rings for Mtb chainrings or will I need a geared chain?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv81 0.017162
Mobile Version of Website