Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 2:16 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
aerosxl wrote:
Anybody got recommendations for a good DJ/skatepark helmet? It's getting to the point I should probably replace my Giro Quarter. Ideally I'd like something pretty low profile, as I have a huge head (62cm).TSG Evolution looks good, I just can't seem to find a good US retailer.

the tsg i just got given is by far my best ever helmet

I have a POC (idk the model) but is really confortable. I saw that Brandon is wearing a Bell Segment but I didn't try it yet. I tried the Bluegrass but is really unconfortable. I saw also that there are many riders that use the Tsg. I think that you have to choose between the tsg and the poc.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
GiovanniCarli wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
aerosxl wrote:
Anybody got recommendations for a good DJ/skatepark helmet? It's getting to the point I should probably replace my Giro Quarter. Ideally I'd like something pretty low profile, as I have a huge head (62cm).TSG Evolution looks good, I just can't seem to find a good US retailer.

the tsg i just got given is by far my best ever helmet

I have a POC (idk the model) but is really confortable. I saw that Brandon is wearing a Bell Segment but I didn't try it yet. I tried the Bluegrass but is really unconfortable. I saw also that there are many riders that use the Tsg. I think that you have to choose between the tsg and the poc.
I currently ride a POC Auric, which is unfortunately a discontinued model that was advertised for snow, but it is the best helmet I’ve ever had. It’s like a modern take on the retro ear flap style and is super comfy.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
I use a POC crane and think it's amazingly comfortable and they have truly figured out how to make them not smell.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
Draggon wrote:
keith24mtb wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
The bike looks good James, I finally get mine back complete tonight

Maxxis currently have a sale on, the welter weight tubes are £2.99, I got 4 for £17 shipped https://shop.maxxis.co.uk/collections/sale/products/2690109-welter-weight-tube-26x1-902-125-schrader

Damn man I can appreciate this too!!

Currently running the maxxis superlight tubes 0.6mm 126grams! Coulsnt believe how light they actually felt, like a 3rd of a normal tube !

I remember being stoked on Maxxis Ultralight tubes til I found they weeped so much air that I had to pump up my tires every 2-3 days, hahaa.

damn thats annoying man! im 300lbs and i havent noticed my tyres losing any pressure over the last couple of weeks, hopefully the problem got fixed! dont want them ending up like that haha,

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
LumberJake wrote:
how much do spokes matter? i’ve never built a wheel, need to order spokes today. i know i need j-bend double butted but jw if brand/anything else really matters too much?
Halo spokes/ DT Swiss are solid spokes, 100% recommend, ran double butted on a front wheel and was solid also on a 26 or above i'd probably go for straight gauge if the riding is tough

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:16 Quote
y'all ever get back strains? Its in my lower back, can't really use my back at all. I have had the same injury many, many times, but have never found out what it is. In my lumbar region

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
traqs wrote:
y'all ever get back strains? Its in my lower back, can't really use my back at all. I have had the same injury many, many times, but have never found out what it is. In my lumbar region
That happened to me from skateboarding back when I was about 16. It was diagnosed by my doctor and my chiropractor Aunt as a back strain. I’m 34 now and still occasionally get pains there. Best thing you can do while injured is rest and ice it. Keeping your back muscles strong helps to prevent future injury. I had bad back problems for a while from car accidents but as long as I’m staying fit they don’t bother me, even with a desk job. Stretching is also key!

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
yeah mate, thank you, thats what i've been thinking, stretching feels like what I need to do, but I literally cannot move enough to stretch. Did you do any stretches while injured, or only after recovered?

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
traqs wrote:
yeah mate, thank you, thats what i've been thinking, stretching feels like what I need to do, but I literally cannot move enough to stretch. Did you do any stretches while injured, or only after recovered?
Only after recovery, you could actually make it worse trying to stretch while injured. It sucks but all you can really do with those injuries is take it easy until it’s better. Ice definitely goes a long way, but give it time to heal completely. Maybe consider a stretch routine when you’re ready to get back into it. Hope it heals quickly!
And to be clear, I’m not a doctor and always seek professional medical advice should you deem it necessary. I’m just a dude who works in healthcare and has had and recovered from a LOT of injuries!

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
I have a bulging disc in my lower back that flares up every 6 months or so. Totally incapacitates me for 3-5 days, then sore for 4 weeks after.

I've found that stretching prior to any activity is key in keeping it at bay. I went 4 years without trouble once because I focused on stretching regularly, mainly lower body and quad/ham stretching. I had it go out a few weeks back, worst its ever happened. I am trying to get back on my stretching game.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
yeah, I have always had issues with stretching, never done it, but know I need to. I managed to do it while using a foam roller on my legs, i'm guessing i just arched my stomach in a weird way or something. Thank you both

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
traqs wrote:
y'all ever get back strains? Its in my lower back, can't really use my back at all. I have had the same injury many, many times, but have never found out what it is. In my lumbar region
depending on the exact spot it's actually your glutes that tense up it happened to me a while ago and had to spend a whole week in bed

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
New build!
Ticket s frame
Circus expert 100mm
Rotor r hawk cranks
Spank spoon on hope Pro 2
Khe dirt mac2
District bars
V12 pedals
Hope tech x2 brake

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
HOME MADE FILLET BRAZED STREET PARK BIKE.
HOME MADE FILLET BRAZED STREET PARK BIKE.
HOME MADE FILLET BRAZED STREET PARK BIKE.
HOME MADE FILLET BRAZED STREET PARK BIKE.
HOME MADE FILLET BRAZED STREET PARK BIKE.

finished up my home made frame. really stoked on how it rides, it feels stiff and popy.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017750
Mobile Version of Website