Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 3:00 Quote
x57bob wrote:
Just received my octane one solar pro wheelset, and the front axle won’t fit (both 20mm). The inner axle thing seems to not be aligned properly, and can just move around freely. Enough that if I try to put the fork on, it just drops out. I can get the axle in if the wheel is laying flat on a table. Has anyone else seen this on their orbital front hubs?

Axle not aligned on front hub

there's no axle retainer in the drop out casting of a circus so you have to hold the wheel in place while you slide the axle through.
As for the loose bearing spacer in the hub, My spank front wheel was like this too. Put you finger through the bolt side fork drop out, into the hub an wiggle the spacer while sliding the axle through the other side. After you've thightened the axle up for the first time, this should press every thing into place but, keep an eye on your cones/axle coming loose on the first ride as you may have to re'tighten. Should be fine after that

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
x57bob wrote:
Just received my octane one solar pro wheelset, and the front axle won’t fit (both 20mm). The inner axle thing seems to not be aligned properly, and can just move around freely. Enough that if I try to put the fork on, it just drops out. I can get the axle in if the wheel is laying flat on a table. Has anyone else seen this on their orbital front hubs?

I have the same problem with my Atomlab Pimplite hub. When I put wheel on, I just try to center it with my finger on the other side.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 4:09 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
Anyone know where to get a Banshee Amp? Their online store doesn't really work, and Jenson doesn't seem to carry the Amp anymore. Cheers.

Check out their dealer map

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 6:48 Quote
If you're UK, then Ison Distro

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
x57bob wrote:

I have the same problem with my Atomlab Pimplite hub. When I put wheel on, I just try to center it with my finger on the other side.
I also had that problem with my ns hub, which is just a rebranded octane one hub, I just got the conversion kit and then straightened it with my finger as I put in the axle

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
dhftw1231 wrote:
Finally finished my new build! Interesting issue @x57bob, mine were ok when they arrived.

Black zircus with black circus, perfect

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
Alexanderskh wrote:
dhftw1231 wrote:
Finally finished my new build! Interesting issue @x57bob, mine were ok when they arrived.

Something about a blacked out zircus looks really nice. I love how the frame, stem, and cranks all have a little bit of silver to match the forks. Also how slammed that rear wheel is.... awesome.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
Not in the UK...but I just found out about this park in Colorado:

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/guts-and-glory-crown-mountains-new-bike-park-offers-something-for-everyone/

Apparently they have a matching airbag and mulch setup so you can progress from one to the next. Trying to go there for a weekend camping trip ASAP!

Just found out about this from your post, I'll be camping out right alongside you! AFAIK that's the only airbag in the state since Progresh is closed indefinitely (AND a mulch jump, omg).

It's always sick to find out about something awesome just a few days before they're done with it

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
x57bob wrote:
Alexanderskh wrote:
dhftw1231 wrote:

Something about a blacked out zircus looks really nice. I love how the frame, stem, and cranks all have a little bit of silver to match the forks. Also how slammed that rear wheel is.... awesome.

Talking about slammed wheels, I just managed to slam my rear wheel and remove a link from my chain. Just had to Adjust the brake washers a bit

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
x57bob wrote:
Alexanderskh wrote:

Talking about slammed wheels, I just managed to slam my rear wheel and remove a link from my chain. Just had to Adjust the brake washers a bit

Talking even more about slammed wheels I've bought a file to file down my dropouts to get my wheel in deeper as I have enough tyre space to remove a couple links but the dropouts arent deep enough haha

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
Lol. Dude! You just read my mind! I just thought about wether or not someone had done that lol. Love the slammed look!

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
keith24mtb wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
x57bob wrote:

Talking even more about slammed wheels I've bought a file to file down my dropouts to get my wheel in deeper as I have enough tyre space to remove a couple links but the dropouts arent deep enough haha

I just had to unslam mine which is a shame cause it genuinely made the bike feel nicer haha, but the chain was insanely tight and was making dodgy noises. Never even thought to file it, even 0.5mm would have probably made a good difference, or go 0.5mm at a time until it's perfect

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
keith24mtb wrote:
That's good to hear Mannie!

How many people on this thread from the UK? That like riding park... has there been a meet ride at all? I went to one a corby adrenaline alley before, was amazing. Place was took over by all kinds of mtb style bikes, 24s soft n rigid, 26 soft n rigid, cruisers, park riders street n dirt! All crammed into the park. Was when I first started landing footjams and man I love that trick!

Maybe when the bigger better parks are open again there could be a meet? Just a load of riders seasoning and doing what we love to do!

Just a thought I'd throw in there.

Another note has anyone got experience with tubilitos in here? Thought I saw someone say they ordered some in here

i only run tubolitos. they are amazing. i felt the difference putting them on even vs. the lightweight normal tubes i had in before. the only downside to them is cost. i’ve only had one puncture in two-ish years and i believe it to be a setup error (on my last bike, i had presta valves in a rim designed for shrader) and i was just hucking 6-8 stair sets around town while weighing 200lbs on a rigid bike, so i think they’ll hold up for most people. albe’s usually has them cheaper.

i’m going to order the s-tubo ones that are even lighter soon. also they offer a patch kit specific for their tubes you’d prob want to grab it’s not that expensive

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 19:32 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
Lol. Dude! You just read my mind! I just thought about wether or not someone had done that lol. Love the slammed look!

Yup I did this to probably half my deity frames over the years. 3/8" bits for dremel tools are widely available and perfect for the application.

This website is pretty handy for calculating slammed ratios: http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
keith24mtb wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

I just had to unslam mine which is a shame cause it genuinely made the bike feel nicer haha, but the chain was insanely tight and was making dodgy noises. Never even thought to file it, even 0.5mm would have probably made a good difference, or go 0.5mm at a time until it's perfect

What's the consensus on half link chains as I need one to get max slam otherwise I'll have to go down the filing route which could also mean a 140mm rotor. Searching on here has most saying it's no good with a narrow wide chain but someone I know has fitted one and reports no issues

That Eastbourne park looks decent and will keep it in mind, but getting away is more for relaxation/my sanity, so will hit Brighton as I have friends down there

@keith this site has most skateparks listed https://www.skateparks.co.uk/east-sussex/brighton-and-hove/

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030454
Mobile Version of Website