Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
I got another puncture. Not from going up the stairs (which I did 3 times), not form going done the stairs (which I did three times) but from a sharp leaf that was by the pavement. Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Is tubeless a bad option for dj? I’m kinda annoyed and my mum isn’t thrilled I’m getting this many punctures. Plus, getting these tyres on and off the rim is a gym membership in itself.

Tubeless does not work great for street. My roommate, who is a very skilled mechanic who does tubeless installs all day on high-end road, gravel, and mountain bikes, has it on his street/dj bike. Despite being fairly smooth he burps air and sealant pretty regularly. Maybe on a wheel with a really aggressive bead shelf it might work better.

Time to get a patch kit and get good at using it.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
99.9% of the punctures I get are from riding on the streets. The last one I got was riding to the station on my DH with DH Casing tires and maxxis freeride tubes, no match for urban riding

Have you fitted the ones I sent you? You can bodge Schrader rims to tubeless but I doubt you'd get what you're looking for out it, plus high pressure and tubeless will equal blowouts

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
Yeah. I just had to fit one due to getting a puncture.

I’ll stick with tubes and just live with it I guess.

Just a bit of a pain. I guess it’s good practice for taking the tyre off the bead etc. Just feels like an expensive way to learn lol.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
Thanks A bunch for the tubes By the way!

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Metro-Gnome wrote:
I still have the OG 5 10s I bought years ago. Pretty sure I have 4 pairs in all. They're not good looking anymore but they're the tackiest-soled shoes I own by far and they still have years left in them.

From what I've read, the adidas 5 10s aren't the same.

I've still got an unworn pair of the Old VXI's, best shoes ever but way too sticky for DJ

photo
great for one ride until the sole peeled off.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
I been rocking some Etnie's Marana Cranks but if these are on sale I'm in like Flynn, thanks for the heads up.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
That wrap on the YT improves the bike tenfold, looks amazing

If anyones after some cheap 5 10s you can get 40% off get the discount code from here https://discountcode.mirror.co.uk/adidas-shop then use the Adidas app and for some reason the 25% off becomes 40%. I just ordered some Sleuths DLX for £59.97

Shout outs to you bro!

Just got some Sleuths for a bargain. I have a pair of the water resistant freeriders I've had ages, might save those for winter riding now and embrace these for a while

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
Anyone know where I can get a 10t single speed cassette cog?

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
batryoperatedboy wrote:
armeniandave wrote:
Finally got my YT Dirt Love a few weeks ago and changed a few things up.
I forgot how fun jumping was as the trails around me have very few jumps
but they opened a bike park 20 minutes away so I NEEDED a DJ bike!
photo

Those graphics are sick. What stem is that?

The stem is the DEITY CAVITY STEM /// 35mm LENGTH. The bike came with a 35mm
stem but I couldn't find high enough bars in 35mm, only 31.8mm. The wrap is just 3M Dinoc
that I had laying around. It protects really well and gives it a different look.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
Thanks for the reply bro. Lol I figured it out by Googling 35mm stem blue haha but other people here will appreciate! I'm looking for a short stem cause I need to bring my reach back some.

Good data on that 3m stuff, I hadn't even thought of that!!

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Ha-z wrote:
Anyone know of some 22.2mm riser bars preferably 3” rise but 2”
Will do

Just get districts and call it a day. Many including myself have a used the hell out of them and they're solid.

Why 22.2 only though? Surely you can find an old hussefelt stem for 5 bucks or something. With that I'd say get a 31.8 Kore Rivera or deity high side. Aside from the district at 22.2- I'm running SE Bikes 6" cruiser 4pc bars on my street/dj right now. I've finally found the perfect suspension-free dj/street bike bar height. They make 6" and 7". Really you can always flip any 22.2 stem and make it feel like 4"????

Thanks man

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 16:07 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Ha-z wrote:
Will do

Just get districts and call it a day. Many including myself have a used the hell out of them and they're solid.

Why 22.2 only though? Surely you can find an old hussefelt stem for 5 bucks or something. With that I'd say get a 31.8 Kore Rivera or deity high side. Aside from the district at 22.2- I'm running SE Bikes 6" cruiser 4pc bars on my street/dj right now. I've finally found the perfect suspension-free dj/street bike bar height. They make 6" and 7". Really you can always flip any 22.2 stem and make it feel like 4"????

22.2 mm was because I want to keep a blue stem but haven’t found many for cheap anywhere

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 18:10 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:

Just a bit of a pain. I guess it’s good practice for taking the tyre off the bead etc. Just feels like an expensive way to learn lol.

Maybe downhill tubes will help? Or using tubeless sealant in the tube? I just patch my tubes if i get a flat. It's cheaper that way.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
Stromm wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

Maybe downhill tubes will help? Or using tubeless sealant in the tube? I just patch my tubes if i get a flat. It's cheaper that way.

When I was riding more street and bmx in my college days, I just used to buy the cheapest tubes I could find, patch them as needed until I decided it was time replace them. Seemed to work fine.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
Ha-z wrote:
Will do

Dartmoor Toxics are also a reliable option. Similar to districts.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036931
Mobile Version of Website