Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
jsnfschr wrote:
Stromm wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
Yeah. I just had to fit one due to getting a puncture.

I’ll stick with tubes and just live with it I guess.

Just a bit of a pain. I guess it’s good practice for taking the tyre off the bead etc. Just feels like an expensive way to learn lol.

Maybe downhill tubes will help? Or using tubeless sealant in the tube? I just patch my tubes if i get a flat. It's cheaper that way.

When I was riding more street and bmx in my college days, I just used to buy the cheapest tubes I could find, patch them as needed until I decided it was time replace them. Seemed to work fine.
Yep, this. If it’s happening all the time try sealant in the tubes. Sometimes it’s just the nature of the beast.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 22:39 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
I got another puncture. Not from going up the stairs (which I did 3 times), not form going done the stairs (which I did three times) but from a sharp leaf that was by the pavement. Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Is tubeless a bad option for dj? I’m kinda annoyed and my mum isn’t thrilled I’m getting this many punctures. Plus, getting these tyres on and off the rim is a gym membership in itself.

What tires you running? I just took my dj to my local "DH" park and no punctures so far. tried to gap a double flight of stairs and cased the helll on the landing and no puncture. Maybe your dj tubes got jinxed haha

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
Yep, this. If it’s happening all the time try sealant in the tubes. Sometimes it’s just the nature of the beast.

yeah I always run slime car sealant in my DJ and mtb tubes, never/very rarely get punctures

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 23:26 Quote
Table tops. I’ll see if I can get some slime and I’ll get a patch kit.
Thanks guys!
Apart from me getting punctures, the bike is feeling so epic!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
tom666 wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
That wrap on the YT improves the bike tenfold, looks amazing

If anyones after some cheap 5 10s you can get 40% off get the discount code from here https://discountcode.mirror.co.uk/adidas-shop then use the Adidas app and for some reason the 25% off becomes 40%. I just ordered some Sleuths DLX for £59.97

Shout outs to you bro!

Just got some Sleuths for a bargain. I have a pair of the water resistant freeriders I've had ages, might save those for winter riding now and embrace these for a while

Mine have arrived already, I went for the black/gum ones and they look sweet

If anyone's going to order they run true to your usual Adidas size

Edit the 40% doesn't work anymore, if anyone wants to take the UK 9s off my hands before I return them let me know

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 8:16 Quote
I've always run 2-4oz of stan's per tube. Works amazingly, but you gotta refresh it once a year ish. I have a set of tubes that have been going for like 4 years now. There's a decent sized stan's ball in one, but they hold air like a dream!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
I just run tubeless at above 45psi. I get a flat probably every 8 months to a year at this point.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 11:52 Quote
Hey guys, does anyone here ride a DJ and a mountain bike? If so I have a question. I find that on my DJ, because it’s so nimble and playful in the air, I get pretty sketchy after riding for a while (casing, landing flat, nose heavy, etc) while on my mtb I am fine. Has anyone else found this and if so do they have something that helped them? Couple days ago I broke my femur and popped a tendon because of landing nose heavy on my DJ so I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
Holy crap dude! Hope you heal up fast! Geeee.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
pnwshreddin wrote:
Hey guys, does anyone here ride a DJ and a mountain bike? If so I have a question. I find that on my DJ, because it’s so nimble and playful in the air, I get pretty sketchy after riding for a while (casing, landing flat, nose heavy, etc) while on my mtb I am fine. Has anyone else found this and if so do they have something that helped them? Couple days ago I broke my femur and popped a tendon because of landing nose heavy on my DJ so I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem

I try to ride both the dh and the dj the amount of time.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 12:55 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
Ha-z wrote:
Anyone know of some 22.2mm riser bars preferably 3” rise but 2”
Will do

Dartmoor Toxics are also a reliable option. Similar to districts.

I did snap a set, so I stick to districts now.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
pnwshreddin wrote:

That sucks big time man.

I think it just boils down to riding the dj bike more often, practice makes perfect.

Hope your leg heals up nicely, injuries f*cking suck

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
pnwshreddin wrote:

DJ bikes you have to be a lot more precise. Just like if you go from a DJ to BMX. Takes tons of practice and even still some days you might randomly feel off and need to call the session early if your riding is feeling sketch. The full suspension "death recoil" effect is also real so if you ride FS MTB's all the time it can take a long time to get used to a DJ hardtail.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
Ha-z wrote:
Anyone know of some 22.2mm riser bars preferably 3” rise but 2”
Will do

Dartmoor Toxics are also a reliable option. Similar to districts.

I did snap a set, so I stick to districts now.

We're you using a rigid fork?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
Finally found somewhere that has NS proof bars in stock!! Buzzing.

Now I just need a 25.4mm stem black Frown help!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027767
Mobile Version of Website