Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Finally found somewhere that has NS proof bars in stock!! Buzzing.

Now I just need a 25.4mm stem black Frown help!

I just picked up a brand new set off Facebook, guy bought them, and threw the packaging before realising he didn't have the correct stem. Got them for £30! Big Grin
There's a few ns chemical stems on ebay, top money though, dmr swarm is another

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
dtayl12 wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

I just picked up a brand new set off Facebook, guy bought them, and threw the packaging before realising he didn't have the correct stem. Got them for £30! Big Grin

That's awesome dude! Most comfortable bars I've ever used and had years out of them! Sold them on my old bike and I miss them loads. Everywhere was sold out to the point I thought they were discontinued haha!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:
zmcycle wrote:

Dartmoor Toxics are also a reliable option. Similar to districts.

I did snap a set, so I stick to districts now.

We're you using a rigid fork?

Might have been Eek

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

That's awesome dude! Most comfortable bars I've ever used and had years out of them! Sold them on my old bike and I miss them loads. Everywhere was sold out to the point I thought they were discontinued haha!

That's mine, got another set that someone sprayed black, nnooooo!! Lol and a blue ano set that someone cut down to around 600mm lol then I've got this set and my districts
photo

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
pnwshreddin wrote:
Hey guys, does anyone here ride a DJ and a mountain bike? If so I have a question. I find that on my DJ, because it’s so nimble and playful in the air, I get pretty sketchy after riding for a while (casing, landing flat, nose heavy, etc) while on my mtb I am fine. Has anyone else found this and if so do they have something that helped them? Couple days ago I broke my femur and popped a tendon because of landing nose heavy on my DJ so I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem

DJ bikes you have to be a lot more precise. Just like if you go from a DJ to BMX. Takes tons of practice and even still some days you might randomly feel off and need to call the session early if your riding is feeling sketch. The full suspension "death recoil" effect is also real so if you ride FS MTB's all the time it can take a long time to get used to a DJ hardtail.
thanks guys! I appreciate the advice

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:

I did snap a set, so I stick to districts now.

We're you using a rigid fork?

Might have been Eek

With rigid my rule is-

No suspension and you need cromo bars. Eventually any alu bar will snap on rigid if you're riding aggressively. Same goes for frames with me. If your frame is aluminum don't throw rigids on it. Pretty sure it's common sense to most of us but I'm just saying.

I really want to take a few pics of my various bikes My rigid street build is a junkyard build but it's got some serious individuality in comparison to a lot of bikes on here. I just have to rebuild the rear wheel tonight.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 18:11 Quote
Are toxics not steel bars?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 18:16 Quote
I was just about to say...Toxics are definitely cromo. Though if I’m riding rigid/street it will be on a BMX 100% of the time. Eliminating the suspension from a dj kind of defeats the purpose for me.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 23:05 Quote
Can any photoshop whizzes shop these grips onto the bars?

photo

photo

Or grip suggestions are most welcome

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 0:58 Quote
I run deathgrips and love them

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 1:46 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
I run deathgrips and love them

I've had them before and don't particulary rate them, its more for pimpin (as you can get silver collars). Though i've never been a massive fan of coloured grips, Ergon GE1's are my fav and they've just released an oil slick collar which might work

I'm just having a hard time visualising what would work esp as my local cycle surgerys closed down to look properly

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
I was just about to say...Toxics are definitely cromo. Though if I’m riding rigid/street it will be on a BMX 100% of the time. Eliminating the suspension from a dj kind of defeats the purpose for me.

That's more what I was getting at. 90% of dj riders are going to use suspension. Even though the Toxics are steel. I feel in the case of someone using suspension will almost likely never run into an issue.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Can any photoshop whizzes shop these grips onto the bars?

photo

photo

Or grip suggestions are most welcome

not quite photoshop, hope this works.

photo
/

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
Cheers

That looks awful (not the Photoshop the colours) Big Grin I think I'll just order black and orange and a silver collar and see what looks best

Edit - result, uberbike do orange locking collars. Black/orange it is

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
I dont like light coloured grips. They end up looking extremely crap after a couple of rides. Dark colours are best.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.058308
Mobile Version of Website