Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 21:34 Quote
Bell, Giro, Fox, and TLD all make good helmets. There a lot of smaller companies making good stuff too, but they can be a bit hit-or-miss.

I would strongly suggest trying on and buying in person if you can. You might pay a bit extra, but you want to make sure you get a good fit.

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
tsg, my tsg half shell has saved me so many times, they make good full face, DJ lids, and trail helmets

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 4:56 Quote

Finally built my frame, built it super light cause I mainly do pumptrack and bmx.
Quick bike check

Commencal absolut (2021)
pike, with charger 2 and 26 lowers (2015 except for the damper)
easton haven carbon wheels (2012)
hutchison tires (??)
sram x0 (2012)
easton haven carbon bars (2012)
formula the one rear brake (2009)
spank stem (2011)

PS: very pleased to not having spent one single euro beside the brand new frame! #reCYCLing

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 5:55 Quote
Wow that’s insane that you got (or had) all those parts! That shows if you’re patient you save a lot of money. What’s the weight?

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 7:06 Quote

Actually swapped the tire,s after the first test on dirt, the 2.0 were way sketchy...found those ardent/cougar in the cave, way better and I went full banana with tubeless setup!

weight is 9.6kg with pedals!

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
x57bob wrote:
Wow that’s insane that you got (or had) all those parts! That shows if you’re patient you save a lot of money. What’s the weight?

Thnaks man! i try to sell everything that i dont use, since i hate having parts laying around doing nothing, but kept some of the best stuff cause ive always had this little project in the back of my head ! weight is 21lbs

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Bell, Giro, Fox, and TLD all make good helmets. There a lot of smaller companies making good stuff too, but they can be a bit hit-or-miss.

I would strongly suggest trying on and buying in person if you can. You might pay a bit extra, but you want to make sure you get a good fit.
Definitely trying stuff on in person is the way to go. POC also makes excellent helmets.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 9:20 Quote
Thanks guys i'll go to my local bike shop i know they have full face im just hoping i can try them on because of corona

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 10:16 Quote
nicoSB wrote:

Actually swapped the tire,s after the first test on dirt, the 2.0 were way sketchy...found those ardent/cougar in the cave, way better and I went full banana with tubeless setup!

weight is 9.6kg with pedals!

Wow, absolute fire. It being a parts bin build is even cooler.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
THAT IS PART BIN BUILD?

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 13:21 Quote
guys my outside bearing came out for my pedal and i can't find any replacements. it is a vsixty b87 but i was wondering what is a good pedal with metal pegs under 70 cad (53 usd, 40 pounds) and under 400 grams each. got any ideas that you once had or think is good?

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
jespinal wrote:
THAT IS PART BIN BUILD?

Lol not quite, it’s a « fancy parts that I kept for year waiting for the perfect frame to show up » built

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 16:49 Quote
Purdiddy wrote:
guys my outside bearing came out for my pedal and i can't find any replacements. it is a vsixty b87 but i was wondering what is a good pedal with metal pegs under 70 cad (53 usd, 40 pounds) and under 400 grams each. got any ideas that you once had or think is good?

Race face chesters.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
unrooted wrote:
Purdiddy wrote:

Race face chesters.
Doesn't get much better at that price then chesters. Only other one i'd peek at are the oneup composites.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
unrooted wrote:
Purdiddy wrote:

Race face chesters.
Doesn't get much better at that price then chesters. Only other one i'd peek at are the oneup composites.
Disagree, I am not a fan of the chesters at all. Platform shape doesn’t work for me. Nukeproof Neutron EVO’s are about the same price and have much better grip and feel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020503
Mobile Version of Website