Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
My XL PBJ frame arrived last night so I mounted up the parts I had for it...turns out the pike dj I got is a 15mm axle...and my NS wheel is a 20mm, so now I get to wait another week for the end caps.

New pbj xl frame

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
unrooted wrote:
My XL PBJ frame arrived last night so I mounted up the parts I had for it...turns out the pike dj I got is a 15mm axle...and my NS wheel is a 20mm, so now I get to wait another week for the end caps.

New pbj xl frame

Thats gotta hurt

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
So close! That's going to be a good looking bike. Are those Profile cranks I see after all? Big Grin

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
So close! That's going to be a good looking bike. Are those Profile cranks I see after all? Big Grin

Yes, profile cranks in raw, they came on my 22” bike but I needed shorter cranks to run pegs...I ordered a new 6” axle, but last night I took the axle of my STP with the hope of being able to ride the PBJ...

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
daaang unrooted ! you're worse than a kid a Christmas !! lol lol

you wasted NO time on that build...

bike looks amazing... tup

how does she ride ?

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
Looking good.
Who makes that Joy Division knock off seat?

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
adm750 wrote:

how does she ride ?

Don’t know yet, I’m waiting on 15mm endcaps for the front wheel...

man-wolf wrote:
Looking good.
Who makes that Joy Division knock off seat?

Seats made by Stolen BMX

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 16:12 Quote
Hey Unrooted cool bike/ but I’m more interested in the ramps in the background. Lets see your setup!

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Hey Unrooted cool bike/ but I’m more interested in the ramps in the background. Lets see your setup!

It’s a work in progress, this last weekend I just changed the big corner drop to what it looks like now, but I need some more lumber to finish it...I’m planning to move the drop-in over to the left side of the shed, then put 2 jumps between the drop in and the large drop (riding between the shed and the fence), eventually I want to put a step up that berms around into a sharks fin/step down that goes into another jump onto a whale tale. Then build a tiny pump track inside of the “jump line, and maybe some type of skinnies loop inside of the pump track...I also want to build a 3x12half pipe with a 6’ tall section to use as a drop in between the shed and the house....$$$$$$$$...if that makes any goddamned sense...

Yard

Yard

Yard

The jumps aren’t all that exciting, but riding them allowed me to comfortably hit the second largest dj line at the Truckee bike park, which is something I don’t think I would’ve felt comfortable doing if I hadn’t hit my “dinky” yard jumps...hopefully whatever I end up with is fun enough to wanna ride for a while, I get bored easily.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 4:35 Quote
Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Backyard jumps are good practice for sure

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
unrooted wrote:
adm750 wrote:

how does she ride ?

Don’t know yet, I’m waiting on 15mm endcaps for the front wheel...

my bad...I did read you were awaiting those, but for some reason thought you'd gotten that sorted already...

rather kick-ass backyard bike park you have man... LOVE IT !

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
My frames arrived at the shop lads, now the race is on to get it shipped and Instagram'd to be the first one in the UK Big Grin

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
DJ in the dorms Big Grin and the specialized box with some nicely placed ductape
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 23:55 Quote
hey guys, another day, another question....

My Saracen amplitude frame takes a 27.2mm seat post, and the seat tube has an external dimension of 30.0mm. But it appears 30.0mm seat clamps are hard to come by (unless im looking in the wrong place). I'm guessing a 31.8 wont tighten up enough and do the job? Or should I keep hunting for a 30.0mm?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.049772
Mobile Version of Website