Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Hadley any day of the week. Who needs part when they never break?

Serious question though, whats wrong with a 10x135 thru axle?
Nothing, they're just kinda hard to find and I prefer using Allen keys to a wrench. It's easier to take tools with you.

Definitely not a dealbreaker.
ahh valid point, thats a tough one then. I was gonna say get an rws 10x135 but it might not clamp hard enough

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Hadley any day of the week. Who needs part when they never break?

Serious question though, whats wrong with a 10x135 thru axle?
Nothing, they're just kinda hard to find and I prefer using Allen keys to a wrench. It's easier to take tools with you.

Definitely not a dealbreaker.
ahh valid point, thats a tough one then. I was gonna say get an rws 10x135 but it might not clamp hard enough

I'm running the spank step down axle for a couple years on a PBJ and it works fine.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Are you sure he's got them bolt-on and not just running a 10mm bolt on axle in a 10x135 through axle hub or a step-down axle?

I can't find anything about the I9's coming in bolt-on.

Hadleys are good, but the fact that there are only a couple of places who sell parts for them would make me kinda nervous.

North American or European made is a plus.

Yes. Hydra is available in a 135x10mm bolt on option. They use female bolts. Same as Hope and profile. I deal with these everyday and have owned several of them

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 5:10 Quote
My Amp....

About to switch things over on to this little chrome number....

Reckon we keep the tan walls or swap them out for some black bonkers?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Are you sure he's got them bolt-on and not just running a 10mm bolt on axle in a 10x135 through axle hub or a step-down axle?

Hadleys are good, but the fact that there are only a couple of places who sell parts for them would make me kinda nervous.

North American or European made is a plus.

Real deal but they don't talk about it for some reason. I agree that it's hundo p necessary in horizontal drops.

Hadley may not have a ton of retailers or a bb or anything useful like that...but you call them, they pick up on the third ring, first person you talk to is a one stop shop.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Nobble wrote:

If you go through their hub configurator, 10x135 Bolt On is one of the End Cap options for a MTN + Singlespeed hub.

https://industrynine.com/hubs/configure

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
+1 hadley, lifetime quality hub, can run 135x10 thru bolt or bolt on, love mine

as stated i9 do bolt on as an option, personally i think i9 is overhyped bling and not that high of quality but many will disagree

fyi the hadley thru axle uses allen key to remove, and for anyone looking for a 135x10 thru axle they are in stock at balle racing right now, hard to find so snag one if you need it anyone

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
Nobble wrote:
What's out there for DJ hubs at the moment? I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna build for my PBJ, and I'm struggling to find options that are remotely available and will have long term support. Also preferably bolt-on and purple.

So far I've found:
Hope pro 4 SS (hard to find)
Industry 9 Hydra SS (Not bolt-on)
Profile Elite (kinda overpriced and I hear Profile CS is kinda bad)
Onyx (heavy?)
Dartmoor and NS make them, but I'm kinda nervous about long term parts support. King doesn't make SS anymore.

Lots of great options out there. I juts put a set of Halo hubs on my bike and they're great. Not Hydra engagement but they seem solid and get a lot of positive reviews.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
forty0 wrote:

as stated i9 do bolt on as an option, personally i think i9 is overhyped bling and not that high of quality but many will disagree

fyi the hadley thru axle uses allen key to remove, and for anyone looking for a 135x10 thru axle they are in stock at balle racing right now, hard to find so snag one if you need it anyone

What quality issues do you have with i9?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
Nobble wrote:
What's out there for DJ hubs at the moment? I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna build for my PBJ, and I'm struggling to find options that are remotely available and will have long term support. Also preferably bolt-on and purple.

So far I've found:
Hope pro 4 SS (hard to find)
Industry 9 Hydra SS (Not bolt-on)
Profile Elite (kinda overpriced and I hear Profile CS is kinda bad)
Onyx (heavy?)
Dartmoor and NS make them, but I'm kinda nervous about long term parts support. King doesn't make SS anymore.

I run dartmoor for 4 years - cheap, works, in case it will break will consider next cheap hub that are in stock;

Other then that hadley will best option in case you will find them

Also are you looking for 10t or 12t size?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Nobble wrote:

If you go through their hub configurator, 10x135 Bolt On is one of the End Cap options for a MTN + Singlespeed hub.

https://industrynine.com/hubs/configure
I can't believe I hadn't noticed that... Facepalm

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
forty0 wrote:

its not that i find them low quality, they arent, its that i find them closer to hopes than to kings and they price them closer to the latter

imo the bling colors and a hip marketing dept are more responsible for their success than their actual products, which are fine but plenty of equivalent for cheaper out there, or better for the same price, i would run a dt350 with upgraded ratchet over i9 any day of the week, and its half the price

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
anyone know how long of a crank spindle fits a p slope?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:58 Quote
forty0 wrote:
hmstuna wrote:
forty0 wrote:

its not that i find them low quality, they arent, its that i find them closer to hopes than to kings and they price them closer to the latter

imo the bling colors and a hip marketing dept are more responsible for their success than their actual products, which are fine but plenty of equivalent for cheaper out there, or better for the same price, i would run a dt350 with upgraded ratchet over i9 any day of the week, and its half the price
how many cheaper hubs have 690poe? Name an equivalent hub that is cheaper.

Their hubs have great engagement, they're reliable, fairly light, super consistently anodized, great customer service.

I'm not sure why people put king hubs on some ridiculous pedestal. They have nice bearings but that's about it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
Whats everyones favorite mid crankset nowadays? My dumbass bought an old p.26 street frame and didn't ramealize its mid. I want to stay light as possible but that seems nearly impossible with bmx cranks.

Also, can mid be adapted with cups to euro? I personally hate bmx cranks and would much rather stick with something bsa if possible.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015996
Mobile Version of Website