Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
forty0 wrote:
hmstuna wrote:
forty0 wrote:
+1 hadley, lifetime quality hub, can run 135x10 thru bolt or bolt on, love mine

as stated i9 do bolt on as an option, personally i think i9 is overhyped bling and not that high of quality but many will disagree

fyi the hadley thru axle uses allen key to remove, and for anyone looking for a 135x10 thru axle they are in stock at balle racing right now, hard to find so snag one if you need it anyone

What quality issues do you have with i9?

its not that i find them low quality, they arent, its that i find them closer to hopes than to kings and they price them closer to the latter

imo the bling colors and a hip marketing dept are more responsible for their success than their actual products, which are fine but plenty of equivalent for cheaper out there, or better for the same price, i would run a dt350 with upgraded ratchet over i9 any day of the week, and its half the price

Can you give specific examples of lacking quality rather than just saying it is closer to Hopes than Kings? Why do you feel that DTs are better?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
DylanHunter wrote:
anyone know how long of a crank spindle fits a p slope?
isn't it just a BB30? What are you trying to put in it?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
I think mine is running a dh spindle

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Nobble wrote:
DylanHunter wrote:
anyone know how long of a crank spindle fits a p slope?
isn't it just a BB30? What are you trying to put in it?
tis bb30

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 19:07 Quote
Thoughts on Novatec Crisp dj wheels?

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 2:23 Quote
Why isn't anyone talking about the NS Freecoaster disc hubs? I haven't heard a word about these anywhere on forums or otherwise. Does anyone even know anyone that has one? NS is known for advertising stuff and taking forever to manufacture. Haven't seen one anywhere, such a missing niche market in the bike world. An affordable, attainable, disc, 135mm coaster with updated BMX internals. I've been on BMX coasters for years, they're durable enough if you keep.up with maintenance.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 2:30 Quote
My custom Morpheus V-Slope - Wanted to put Pikes on, but COVID didn't allow

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 4:18 Quote
n7ckj wrote:
My custom Morpheus V-Slope - Wanted to put Pikes on, but COVID didn't allow

Looks nice and clean Anyways! Always liked the Morpheus bikes. Great job, and enjoy!

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 4:37 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Why isn't anyone talking about the NS Freecoaster disc hubs? I haven't heard a word about these anywhere on forums or otherwise. Does anyone even know anyone that has one? NS is known for advertising stuff and taking forever to manufacture. Haven't seen one anywhere, such a missing niche market in the bike world. An affordable, attainable, disc, 135mm coaster with updated BMX internals. I've been on BMX coasters for years, they're durable enough if you keep.up with maintenance.

Just came across these hubs the other day myself, and I'm intrigued. I haven't heard much about them but I'm thinking I might build up a free coaster rear wheel with one once I'm good enough to do it some justice.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 8:02 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:

I have sold 3 of these in my shop. So far they are very good. Engagement is still decent (for a coaster), they don’t catch very often when in fakie, and the price is very reasonable

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
Anyone know where I can get a 6", 24mm, 48 spline BMX spindle for an evil faction? I really like Primo's Churchill cranks and the way the raw ones looks with the frame (also already bought them) but they came with a 5.65" spindle.

I've checked Source BMX, and Profile only makes up to 24mm.

Honestly I'd be willing to go custom if I can find that option, like I said, I REALLY like these cranks.

Cheers,
-Bouj

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Nobble wrote:
how many cheaper hubs have 690poe? Name an equivalent hub that is cheaper.

Their hubs have great engagement, they're reliable, fairly light, super consistently anodized, great customer service.

I'm not sure why people put king hubs on some ridiculous pedestal. They have nice bearings but that's about it.

the newer 690 poe i9s are only a few years old, they havent even existed long enough to be a proven design to the likes of hadley or king

if poe higher than 50ish even matters is an entire other discussion as well

early i9s had their share of issues, bearings, freehubs, shells, and im not a fan of the proprietary al spoke bs either but that seems to be less popular more recently

when an i9 holds up to 15+ years of abuse i will give it the praise it deserves, but so far i see a company that has changed design a few times (improvement is good im not knocking them here), and markets their products colorways as heavily as their mechanical attributes

this is the part that bugs me about i9, their cool marketing isnt free and that is then reflected in the pricepoint, basically i think to some degree with i9s you are paying for the name, and its a larger degree than most other hub brands

king isnt perfect, but there is a reason they have been in the game as long as they have, if i9 follows suite then good, but they arent there yet and are still a new kid on the block with plenty to prove imo

im not trying to come off as bashing i9, i think a lot of companies are like this, and i dont like it when any of them do it, i think many mtb brands are full of dipshit marketing directors who have no clue what a rider could use and instead try to sell an image rather than an actual product that works well, which causes price inflation across the whole industry and screws the end user even more... but i can rant about this on end...

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 13:06 Quote
I actually share these feelings regarding i9. I also think my Hope SS hub might last me forever.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
anyone know when rose the Bruce is restocking their new model? I know it doesn’t ship to the Uk no more but have a way round that

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Mick1887

Anyone know what frame this is? I think it's 2010-2013 era. I'm up to page 70 on this thread and am yet to find another one

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018022
Mobile Version of Website