Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 15:07 Quote
ive never ridden a vimana without dropout issues... but thats only a sample of 3 and all were well used and abused examples

majesty dirt is an incredible frame, if mine was tapered and an inch longer reach it would be perfection

my nukeproof solum has both those qualities, and i really like how it rides as well, but its not quite as rigid in the bb shell through rear end so isnt quite as energetic feeling
i really wish they would make an updated v2 of that frame with threaded bb and revised stays

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 0:27 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
photo

please help this guy out

This whole reduced fork offset trend has gotten out of hand.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 1:35 Quote
I had a dialed Vimana and a dialed Majesty.

Now I only have the Majesty.

My Vimana never had dropout issues, and I abused the living hell out of it. It was 9 speed at one point and i rode trails with it, then single speeded it and ran it like that on huge jumps for years.

During that whole time Brayden Barrett Hay and Messere used to ride their Vimanas at Joyride daily and they never seemed to have dropout issues either.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
Sorry double post because I hate editing. The Vimana was sick. It's a toss up, it's like choosing between a Mustang Gt and a Civic Type R. They both sick and fast but they're sick in different ways. Neither is better, and rode both bikes back and forth everyday for years. The Maj is way more forgiving if you case, that's the biggest difference that would make me pause before buying abother Vimana. They're stiff for a reason, but they're ridiculously stiff. Even if you're used to P3s, Vimana geo is way more twitchy and landing one is either smooth and fast or its case and send waves of blunt vibes through your entire body. Majesty frames are the opposite. They feel like trampolines by comparison.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 14:57 Quote
Just cause I wanna chime in on the majesty vs decade debate.

I’ve not ridden a majesty, I’ve ridden a decade and my main bike is a sub.

Sub is nice and responsive, mellow when it needs to be though. Easy enough to pop into manuals, but doesn’t wobble about once it’s there. Still feels short, but a much more balanced short.

The decade, in comparison is snappy and aggressive as f*ck. I hated the one I tried and it was near the same build as on my sub. I felt like I was leaning right over the front end, it was so f*cking twitchy and stiff feeling.

But that’s my opinion, you may love it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
Sub is nice and responsive, mellow when it needs to be though. Easy enough to pop into manuals, but doesn’t wobble about once it’s there. Still feels short, but a much more balanced short.

Such a spot-on description of the Suburban, definitely the easiest bike to manual out of all mine.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
Draggon wrote:
shoefanu wrote:

Such a spot-on description of the Suburban, definitely the easiest bike to manual out of all mine.
since learning to manual I would now like to try a bike that's touted "easy to manual" and see what the difference is. Because before you can manual, getting on a bike that's "easy to manual" made no difference to me.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 17:31 Quote
I still can't manual for shit other than rollers, but I owned a void for long while and if my memory serves me well the void is the same geo as the suburban right? Just a little cheaper construction and sold under octane one? Either way I remember the void as feeling short, but so easy to make do what I wanted it to. Balanced is a really good word for it. It's one of very few frames I really miss. I eye them up on BTI all the time but my current steel hardtail is great and I can't justify another dirt jumper.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
Draggon wrote:
shoefanu wrote:

since learning to manual I would now like to try a bike that's touted "easy to manual" and see what the difference is. Because before you can manual, getting on a bike that's "easy to manual" made no difference to me.

copped an NS majestic from a couple years ago and immediately finding it easy to manual, gotta keep practicing tho. i reckon a light front end makes all the difference

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 4:32 Quote
No really, a balanced short end makes the difference in a proper manuel your arms are straight and your knees bent as if you were going to sit on your rear wheel and you balance by humping with your hips.

If you do it with your arms you look dumb and you should feel dumb

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 4:55 Quote
surprised how many people talk about pulling up to manual instead of saying to lean back

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 5:11 Quote
gotta say, on BMX I find straight arms arse near the floor an work those hips but, on MTB/DJ I found a more upright manual style worked better for me anyway. Like, on BMX I could manual with the front wheel closer to the ground, MTB/DJ I have to keep it high. A lot more upper body effort

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
TheExterminat763 wrote:
Hello does anyone know where I can get hope pro 4 trial/ss hub everywhere it’s sold out or wrong specs I need 10mm bolt on 32h black thanks

You could always run the normal splined version with a single speed cog and spacer kit. They're easier to come across, and are more versatile in what you can do with it. I run mine single speed on my DJ, but I could swap endcaps, throw a cassette on and run it on my MTB. As long as it's not a boost hub, you can run 135mm bolt on, 10/12 through axles, or even 142 through-axle as well. The single speed/trials version you can not convert to other axle/cassette standards.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
JAKELEGEND7 wrote:
The single speed/trials version you can not convert to other axle/cassette standards.
You can convert the Hope Pro 2 and 4 SS from 135x10 bolt in to 142x12 through axle no problem.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
JAKELEGEND7 wrote:
The single speed/trials version you can not convert to other axle/cassette standards.
You can convert the Hope Pro 2 and 4 SS from 135x10 bolt in to 142x12 through axle no problem.
I believe you can even go 148x12 boost if you need

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.048237
Mobile Version of Website