Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
JAKELEGEND7 wrote:
The single speed/trials version you can not convert to other axle/cassette standards.
You can convert the Hope Pro 2 and 4 SS from 135x10 bolt in to 142x12 through axle no problem.

But (and I could be wrong) I think the single speed hub can only use a single speed freehub, whereas the splined version you can swap between Sram XD, Shimano HG, or microspline.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
JAKELEGEND7 wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
JAKELEGEND7 wrote:
The single speed/trials version you can not convert to other axle/cassette standards.
You can convert the Hope Pro 2 and 4 SS from 135x10 bolt in to 142x12 through axle no problem.

But (and I could be wrong) I think the single speed hub can only use a single speed freehub, whereas the splined version you can swap between Sram XD, Shimano HG, or microspline.
it's a 6 cog hg freehub, you can stick a regular freehub on but it will make the hub too wide and be not centered

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
So my bike will probably be appearing on the front page sometime in the next couple of months. Unfortunately not because I've got the skills but a sponsored rider is borrowing it for an edit/video as there's no new Jackal frames to be had anytime soon

I'll try to get some pics up before I pack it up but it's all changed now and has Title, bars, stem and saddle and black hope hubs on EX471

Does this bike look familiar? Are you going to get it back?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLr_CpfBxyH/

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
jph406 wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
So my bike will probably be appearing on the front page sometime in the next couple of months. Unfortunately not because I've got the skills but a sponsored rider is borrowing it for an edit/video as there's no new Jackal frames to be had anytime soon

I'll try to get some pics up before I pack it up but it's all changed now and has Title, bars, stem and saddle and black hope hubs on EX471

I’m pretty sure it’s Vero that’s got it. That’s not fuzzy’s bike that I’m aware of.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
jph406 wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:

I’m pretty sure it’s Vero that’s got it. That’s not fuzzy’s bike that I’m aware of.

You are probably right. This one is all Burgtec. I feel like it has been on this forum before though. Maybe I am mistaken.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
jph406 wrote:
shoefanu wrote:
jph406 wrote:

You are probably right. This one is all Burgtec. I feel like it has been on this forum before though. Maybe I am mistaken.

Yeah, Veronique Sandler has mine. I never got around to taking proper pictures of it from when I changed everything around but it looks like this now

photo

I've also got a black formula brake which will be going on when I get it back

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 1:13 Quote
Anyone know if you can get 20mm adaptors for canyon stitched front hub?

I’m guessing they could be novatec hubs but can’t find any real info out about them

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 2:54 Quote
TheExterminat763 wrote:
jbrown-15 wrote:
Here's the NS Decade that I built for my son.
Two things
First. Can I also be your son????????????
Second where can I get a bike stand like that one

oxford (uk) sell bike stands like that if ur interested

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:

I’m guessing they could be novatec hubs but can’t find any real info out about them

No, I had this before. They order two different wheelsets for the base and pro

Though a bodge maybe possible

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 4:58 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Joebohobo wrote:

No, I had this before. They order two different wheelsets for the base and pro

Though a bodge maybe possible

Is that a definite no, it can’t be done (other than maybe a bodge). Just trying to hold out hope and don’t want to have to get a new hub/wheel Frown

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
surprised how many people talk about pulling up to manual instead of saying to lean back

This was how I learned. Lean back slowly until you ease into the balance point, then correct to keep it.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
crs-one wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:
surprised how many people talk about pulling up to manual instead of saying to lean back

This was how I learned. Lean back slowly until you ease into the balance point, then correct to keep it.
I think wearing a backpack with some weight can be a great way for people to experience the feel of a proper manual

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
crs-one wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:

I have GOT to get better at this..... was like no issue at all when I was younger. manuals were easy, and ride wheelies for blocks on my bmx....I'm really struggling to find my way back there. Frown

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
adm750 wrote:
crs-one wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:

I have GOT to get better at this..... was like no issue at all when I was younger. manuals were easy, and ride wheelies for blocks on my bmx....I'm really struggling to find my way back there. Frown

I have the same problem. Could wheelie for ages on my bmx and road bike when I was younger. Now its just long enough to get over something

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 7:36 Quote
being able to manual has been my greatest achievement on a bike and it never gets old

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031384
Mobile Version of Website