Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
Good job. Looks so much nicer single speed

Thanks! First DJ bike, and spent the afternoon at the skate park since the pump track is wet. I'm terrible, but had some fun and managed not to annoy the skaters.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
adm750 wrote:
man...I stumbled across a killer vid in someone's profile one day. POV of an epic-length manual down this long downhill road...it was so badass.....

I'd love to find that again..... maybe it was sherb or something...?

whoever it was was ownin' that shit.... Salute
Views: 176,190    Faves: 666    Comments: 81

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 22:01 Quote
My first DJ bike was a 2007 Chase. Awesome bike put it through some hard slams an it held up. Frame was super light too!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 22:54 Quote
Ref. Schwalbe Billy Bonkers - what sort of rim widths are people finding best for them?

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
adm750 wrote:
man...I stumbled across a killer vid in someone's profile one day. POV of an epic-length manual down this long downhill road...it was so badass.....

I'd love to find that again..... maybe it was sherb or something...?

whoever it was was ownin' that shit.... Salute
Views: 176,190    Faves: 666    Comments: 81

dude yes....it was iggz...! this was just way too cool. guy has talent that's fur sure. Salute

......thank you....!!!

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
My first DJ bike was a 2007 Chase. Awesome bike put it through some hard slams an it held up. Frame was super light too!

The durability was for sure part of the appeal to this noob. And lifting it is always an interesting experience. Super light until that 74 lb Marazocchi DJ3 leaves the floor. If I ever get any good it's going on the Boy's e-kickbike and being replaced with a Pike or 36.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
Yeah, mine had DJ1's (alloy stanchions an steerer) with DJ3 stickers on. Read that it was an unofficial DJ2 that the bike was specced with?

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 16:43 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Yeah, mine had DJ1's (alloy stanchions an steerer) with DJ3 stickers on. Read that it was an unofficial DJ2 that the bike was specced with?

Not entirely certain, but the one on the bike has zero adjustments and weighs the Earth.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Yea I really believe you're better off running a rigid fork instead, Not losing much in forgiveness, gaining stiffness and losing a bunch of weight.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 18:58 Quote
Could be, but I was literally born yesterday as far as riding a DJ bike so I'll leave it alone until it's time for an upgrade, if ever. Plan is to work on my manuals, hops, & wheelies out front of the house, ride the pump track at the park up the road as often as I can, and eventually graduate to the dirt jump lines at 495 and Mt. Vernon in a year or two.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
DCErik wrote:
Could be, but I was literally born yesterday as far as riding a DJ bike so I'll leave it alone until it's time for an upgrade, if ever. Plan is to work on my manuals, hops, & wheelies out front of the house, ride the pump track at the park up the road as often as I can, and eventually graduate to the dirt jump lines at 495 and Mt. Vernon in a year or two.
Your Cannondale used to be my dream bike when I was like 10 or 11. I wanted one so badly.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
I'm at an age where I have lots of options to pick up stuff I wanted desperately back when it was new and expensive, because now it's old and cheap!

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 16:12 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
Yea I really believe you're better off running a rigid fork instead, Not losing much in forgiveness, gaining stiffness and losing a bunch of weight.

Probably the first time I’ve seen someone recommend a rigid fork on an aluminum hardtail. That used to be regarded as a big no-no. Not sure if times have changed.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:

Probably the first time I’ve seen someone recommend a rigid fork on an aluminum hardtail. That used to be regarded as a big no-no. Not sure if times have changed.

Why would that be an issue? Never heard about this, please explain.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 17:40 Quote
Random question. I am 5ft, what size tire and frame should I get for a DJ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016421
Mobile Version of Website