Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Hope Pro 4 SS Vs Hadley SS?

A few months ago I inquired at the LBS about availability of some Hadleys, gave them my info, and never heard anything.

Last weekend I found some hopes in stock and ordered those.

Today I got a call saying my special order arrived.

Now I have a dilemma, do I keep the Hopes or get the Hadleys and try to offload the Hopes? I'm thinking I keep the Hopes unless the Hadleys are way nicer.

You really can’t go wrong with either, especially since the Hopes are the SS version with higher engagement. Engagement is basically the only difference you’ll feel between two different hubs anyway, aside from if you prefer the noise of one over the other. 88 vs 72 on the Hadley, so technically the Hope is better there but I doubt you would feel much difference. I wouldn’t really call anything way nicer than Hope SS; maybe way more expensive, but that’s not the same thing.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
While I haven't used the latest Hope SS hub, my Hadley SS has proven far more durable than my previous Hopes. Freehub, axle, bolts. I also find it rolls extremely quickly, which I suspect is down to the adjustable preload and large number of quality bearings shoved in there.

Also I think it's way cooler but that's a stupid reason.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 19:26 Quote
I'd go Hadley. Not much in it, but there's something cool about everyone having hopes and then you're there with Hadley's.

Kind of why I got profiles. Smile

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 20:22 Quote
I had it all planned out, I was happy with the Hopes until these damn Hadleys came along lol

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
Update

Tl,dr: These fit canyon stitched front hub

I asked about hub converters for canyon stitched front hub and seemed like it wasn't possible.

After scouring about online for ages, just looking at images of other hubs and finding ones with similar end caps, I ordered some superstar tesla evo front adaptors and they fit perfectly!

Saved me having to get a new wheel/hub so pretty stoked haha

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I had it all planned out, I was happy with the Hopes until these damn Hadleys came along lol

Get the Hadley's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Opinions on mech brakes? Just got a bb5 caliper with the fr5 lever. My cheap tektro brake has been giving me troubles. I could've gone and gotten a nicer hydro brake, like an xt 2 pot, but mech is cheaper.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Could use some help with some parts shopping, or links to relevant threads if people have already hashed this out.

I want to upgrade my crankset on my PBJ, but I don't really know what my options are. I just have some cheap chromoly pinchbolts; I'd like to not have pinchbolts, but I don't know what that's called, where to shop for it, or the best/most common upgrades people put on DJ or BMX.

Thanks in advance Smile

edit: also maybe looking to upgrade my sprocket if there are any unusually cool options out there.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
getsendywithit wrote:
Could use some help with some parts shopping, or links to relevant threads if people have already hashed this out.

I want to upgrade my crankset on my PBJ, but I don't really know what my options are. I just have some cheap chromoly pinchbolts; I'd like to not have pinchbolts, but I don't know what that's called, where to shop for it, or the best/most common upgrades people put on DJ or BMX.

Thanks in advance Smile

edit: also maybe looking to upgrade my sprocket if there are any unusually cool options out there.

since it will not affect your performance whatever being broken - requires upgrade;
you can upgrade handle bar, since that probably the most important part to adjust your stance

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Hope Pro 4 SS Vs Hadley SS?

A few months ago I inquired at the LBS about availability of some Hadleys, gave them my info, and never heard anything.

Last weekend I found some hopes in stock and ordered those.

Today I got a call saying my special order arrived.

Now I have a dilemma, do I keep the Hopes or get the Hadleys and try to offload the Hopes? I'm thinking I keep the Hopes unless the Hadleys are way nicer.

I'm running a Hope SS on my 24 and have a Hadley on my TR250. I would go with the Hadley, it has a much smoother overall feel, spins forever and to me has a better sound to it.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 17:39 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
Opinions on mech brakes? Just got a bb5 caliper with the fr5 lever. My cheap tektro brake has been giving me troubles. I could've gone and gotten a nicer hydro brake, like an xt 2 pot, but mech is cheaper.

Nothing wrong with mech brakes, I don’t have any experience with bb5s but I have a much cheaper calliper on a bike I just built with fr-5 levers and it does the job well

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 18:37 Quote
Kareem wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:

Nothing wrong with mech brakes, I don’t have any experience with bb5s but I have a much cheaper calliper on a bike I just built with fr-5 levers and it does the job well

Agreed, mech brakes are amazing when properly set up. A linear cable will make it twice as good if you haven't fitted one already

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:

Best combo for mechanical brakes: Avid BB7 Road series caliper along with Odyssey Mono Small lever and 140mm disc!

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
getsendywithit wrote:

Thanks in advance Smile

If you want to stick with a BMX type crank, Profile are pretty much standard that most other cranks are based on. There's a lot of fine variations like heat-treated arms such as oddessy. 2 piece or 3 piece. Direct mount sprockets. Have a browse an see what you like in your budget. One advantage of a basic crank like a profile is inter changeable parts.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 20:01 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:

Best combo for mechanical brakes: Avid BB7 Road series caliper along with Odyssey Mono Small lever and 140mm disc!
going for a 180mm rotor as I dont have any 160mm thats not bent, and 140mm is a bit too small imo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.090283
Mobile Version of Website