Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
84108 wrote:
Amazing choice on the forks! Nice bike!

agreed, the silver pike dj has to be one of the cleanest looking forks in the biz

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
About those Hope pro 2 trials hubs, mine keeps pushing the cranks when coasting which sucks a bit for attempting any no footed stuff. I put on some inner tube between the crank and the bb for a crank stopper but it kinda sucks for crankflips now. Is there any way to get the pawls to engage just a bit less firmly? I already took the cassette body off and inspected for any drag in the dust seal, greased it and of course gave the ratchet system a total cleaning with fresh grease, careful to not use too much to cause any extra stiction, so I'm pretty confident it must be the freewheel mechanism that's causing the cranks to spin forward. Anyone else with this problem?

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
mackay66 wrote:
84108 wrote:

agreed, the silver pike dj has to be one of the cleanest looking forks in the biz
Thanks! Yea i am glad i got them. Got them brand new for only 625

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
I have a pro 2 tss that does this but not my pro 4 tss. Back in my bmx days, if the chain was too tight that would put pressure on the freewheel to pull it slightly of axis enough to cause this?

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
letsgethurt wrote:
About those Hope pro 2 trials hubs, mine keeps pushing the cranks when coasting which sucks a bit for attempting any no footed stuff. I put on some inner tube between the crank and the bb for a crank stopper but it kinda sucks for crankflips now. Is there any way to get the pawls to engage just a bit less firmly? I already took the cassette body off and inspected for any drag in the dust seal, greased it and of course gave the ratchet system a total cleaning with fresh grease, careful to not use too much to cause any extra stiction, so I'm pretty confident it must be the freewheel mechanism that's causing the cranks to spin forward. Anyone else with this problem?
hey, I'm pretty sure I know the solution to this as mine just stopped doing this. From my understanding the issue is that there is too much friction inside the freewheel. Take the freewheel apart, take all the springs and pawls out and clean everything super well, I mean with a q tip. Then use just a light lubricant and not a grease when you're putting them back together. After I did this my hub no longer spins and I do not run my chain tight. And yes this was also on a Pro2 SS

edit: basically take all the grease out of the freewheel and replace with a lubricant instead

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Use Phil's Tenacious Oil instead of grease in all your hubs. Less mess, lower friction, and a few small drops will do the job so a bottle will last you years.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
mackay66 wrote:
84108 wrote:

I agree, something about it looks so good on almost any colour combo

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 0:43 Quote
What cranks are you running? It might just be overtightened, as could be the rear wheel. Check these. With my sram cranks, if I tighten it a little bit too much then it continues to pedal.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 3:25 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
letsgethurt wrote:
hey, I'm pretty sure I know the solution to this as mine just stopped doing this. From my understanding the issue is that there is too much friction inside the freewheel. Take the freewheel apart, take all the springs and pawls out and clean everything super well, I mean with a q tip. Then use just a light lubricant and not a grease when you're putting them back together. After I did this my hub no longer spins and I do not run my chain tight. And yes this was also on a Pro2 SS

edit: basically take all the grease out of the freewheel and replace with a lubricant instead
Yup, did all this and took care not to overgrease it. Should've also mentioned I checked both chain tension and crank torque (shimano zee fwiw). Basically all the low hanging fruits and the most obvious stuff has been thoroughly checked. I'm wondering if you can replace the pawl springs with lighter ones? Is that even a thing with hope hubs?

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 4:31 Quote
Is the washer that fits between the freebody and hub bearing installed?

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 4:41 Quote
letsgethurt wrote:
ipreferdirt wrote:
letsgethurt wrote:

Yup, did all this and took care not to overgrease it. Should've also mentioned I checked both chain tension and crank torque (shimano zee fwiw). Basically all the low hanging fruits and the most obvious stuff has been thoroughly checked. I'm wondering if you can replace the pawl springs with lighter ones? Is that even a thing with hope hubs?
the point is you can't use grease at all, it needs to be thin oil type lubricant

and clean every last tiny bit of grease out of the hub itself as well, I mean really clean it, make it look brand new

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
OK so a little premature but so damn excited I had to share!

Just ordered a Commencal RS 2021 for delivery (Hopefully)
in July! Absolutely love the silver and black look. Will be a great
replacement for my Dirt Love I sold.

Will obviously post pics when I get it!!!!

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 17:29 Quote
armeniandave wrote:

Sick man. I love my absolute sand. I have the silver Rockshox DJ on it aswell

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 23:04 Quote
armeniandave wrote:

Sounds amazing man!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
Just finished my Kona Shonky...then broke my collarbone, so still waiting to ride it.

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.060397
Mobile Version of Website