Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 23:04 Quote
armeniandave wrote:
OK so a little premature but so damn excited I had to share!

Just ordered a Commencal RS 2021 for delivery (Hopefully)
in July! Absolutely love the silver and black look. Will be a great
replacement for my Dirt Love I sold.

Will obviously post pics when I get it!!!!

Sounds amazing man!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
Just finished my Kona Shonky...then broke my collarbone, so still waiting to ride it.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
trick lookin Kona captainpugwash....

heal fast, but heal safely Salute

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 0:39 Quote
CaptainPugwash89 wrote:
Just finished my Kona Shonky...then broke my collarbone, so still waiting to ride it.

If you need someone to keep her warm while you're off the bike...

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
New bike. Got it a few weeks ago but I haven t gotten the opportunity to try it out. Working too much. Needs tires 36 s and risers.
The new to me P. Slope. I’m going to upgrade tires, forks and maybe try my risers. The bike came with a Chris king on mavic 729 up front so that’s a big + . Cheers guys

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
My new frame built up after I cracked my old one.

My new frame built up after I cracked my old one.

Cracked my old 2012 GT Ruckus DJ, so I got the cheapest decent frame I could find. Ended up with a silver Dartmoor Two6Player. I need to get some new grips as I threw some old ones I had laying around on. Need a new stem and bars too, in black. I want to have a nice accent colour, so I am thinking adding in some purple stuff, like grips, seat clamp, maybe some purple bolts. And yes that is a broken reverb as a seatpost.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 17:52 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
[8][/PI] The new to me P. Slope. I’m going to upgrade tires, forks and maybe try my risers. The bike came with a Chris king on mavic 729 up front so that’s a big + . Cheers guys
that is a big bonus, stock wheels are not very strong on p3/p.slope

welcome to one of the best bikes ever made

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
I’m aware that selling in forums is frowned upon but I need help-

I recently broke the chainstay of my Absolut and although it’s covered under warranty I won’t be able to get another one til July. I’m supposed to be riding the royal rumble slopestyle contest in may, so if anyone is selling a frame please message me.

Looking for something like a p3, absolut, 26 player, decade, etc.

Thanks.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
I’m aware that selling in forums is frowned upon but I need help-

I recently broke the chainstay of my Absolut and although it’s covered under warranty I won’t be able to get another one til July. I’m supposed to be riding the royal rumble slopestyle contest in may, so if anyone is selling a frame please message me.

Looking for something like a p3, absolut, 26 player, decade, etc.

Thanks.

Our two6players are arriving shortly.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 21:20 Quote
Tossing up between the FR560 and EX471 for a new DJ wheel build. Has anyone used either of these rims and give me any pros/cons? FR560 is a wider rim so should be stiffer and has eyelets. EX471 is known for its durability and a tad bit lighter/narrower but I’m not so sure on the nipple/washer set up DT Swiss are using. Any advise would be much appreciated. Cheers

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
red-m9 wrote:
Tossing up between the FR560 and EX471 for a new DJ wheel build. Has anyone used either of these rims and give me any pros/cons? FR560 is a wider rim so should be stiffer and has eyelets. EX471 is known for its durability and a tad bit lighter/narrower but I’m not so sure on the nipple/washer set up DT Swiss are using. Any advise would be much appreciated. Cheers

Why are you not sure on the nipple washer setup? DT probably has the best nipple/washer setup going. Those PHR washers mirror the shape of the rim and work really well spread the load from the shoulder of the nipple all around the spoke hole via the washer. They are nice and thick and will alloy you to go as high tension as your hubs hubs will allow without having to worry about cracks developing around the spoke holes. I personally would use washers for almost any and every build (unless eyeleted), and I wish every rim had a washer that dovetailed into the rim as well. DT's PHR washers are a pro for sure. Those EX 471 rims are great.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 22:18 Quote
red-m9 wrote:

i have 2 wheelsets laced with ex471s and absolutely love them, one on an older freeride bike that has seen plenty of abuse, and one on a newer dj build, both with dt comp spokes, no issues, the washer setup works great, the torx nipples are aluminum which some people dont care for but ive never had a problem and use linseed oil for spoke prep

they build up very easily and are straighter out the factory than other brands ive laced... cough stans cough cough...

i also prefer the narrower width since dj tires are 2.3-5, and a wider rim squares off the tread pattern and isnt optimal for how i prefer my dj tires to ride

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 22:21 Quote
forty0 wrote:
red-m9 wrote:

i have 2 wheelsets laced with ex471s and absolutely love them, one on an older freeride bike that has seen plenty of abuse, and one on a newer dj build, both with dt comp spokes, no issues, the washer setup works great, the torx nipples are aluminum which some people dont care for but ive never had a problem and use linseed oil for spoke prep

they build up very easily and are straighter out the factory than other brands ive laced... cough stans cough cough...

i also prefer the narrower width since dj tires are 2.3-5, and a wider rim squares off the tread pattern and isnt optimal for how i prefer my dj tires to ride

You shouldn't need linseed oil with the Squorx nips. They actually come with a spoke lock compound applied to the inside of the nipple when you get them with DT rims. Or they have in my experience anyways Smile

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 22:31 Quote
So what you are saying is they are better than eyelets in rims? I am not so sure as I have never used them, have always bought rims with eyelets (except some spanks when they were first released that didn’t use eyelets or washers). Yeah have done a lot reading on them and they do have some pros. Its also about having to use the alloy squorx nipples supplied with them as I have always used brass nipples. I know you can buy brass ones but that just adds on more dollars to the wheel build. Just after some opinions and some feedback from riders running either of these rims. Funny enough still leaning towards the FR’s.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
forty0 wrote:
red-m9 wrote:

Thanks mate. This is the sort of feedback i am after. Good to hear you have not had any dramas with the alloy squorx nipples. And makes sense as they are still a decent width for running dj tyres ( I run 2.3” max) as you say. Will have a bit more of a look at the Ex471. Cheers

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018268
Mobile Version of Website