Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
ipreferdirt wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
[8][/PI] The new to me P. Slope. I’m going to upgrade tires, forks and maybe try my risers. The bike came with a Chris king on mavic 729 up front so that’s a big + . Cheers guys
that is a big bonus, stock wheels are not very strong on p3/p.slope

welcome to one of the best bikes ever made
I’ve noticed a few of my specialized’s came oem with dt swiss rims and the decals have both specialized and dt’s logo on them. I’m guessing that’s not the case with these?

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
red-m9 wrote:
So what you are saying is they are better than eyelets in rims? I am not so sure as I have never used them, have always bought rims with eyelets (except some spanks when they were first released that didn’t use eyelets or washers). Yeah have done a lot reading on them and they do have some pros. Its also about having to use the alloy squorx nipples supplied with them as I have always used brass nipples. I know you can buy brass ones but that just adds on more dollars to the wheel build. Just after some opinions and some feedback from riders running either of these rims. Funny enough still leaning towards the FR’s.

I would be hard pressed to tell you they are better simply based on eyelet vs washer, though the PHR washers due to their surface area, may do a better job at spreading the load around the spoke hole.

I have never had an issue with alloy nipples, and I have built an awful lot of them. Literally hundreds of wheels with alloy nipples and not once has someone come back with one broken. The key thing with alloy nipples is sizing the spoke properly. Brass are more tolerant to bad spoke calculation and poor building. 64 brass nipples isn't going to cost much, if that is a deciding factor.

25mm width is fine. There are still guys riding these on the Enduro and DH world Cup circuits on 2.5" tires. For a 2.3" tire, 25mm is pretty much perfect IMHO. And as you have said, they are lighter which is a bonus. They have a very good strength to weight ratio, those EX 471's. Pretty compelling for a DJ bike, I think.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Views: 590    Faves: 2    Comments: 2

I got some new tyres as my table tops unfortunately exploded and the bead snapped and I learned to drop in on my dj bike.

Can’t wait to take this to the pump track and dirt jumps. Hopefully I’ll get some good progress this year

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
keep it going Mannie, I popped out of a new to me quarter today and it turned out to be vert, scared me massively

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
Thanks man.

Oh wow. Sounds scary. Hopefully I’ll learn to do other quarters. It’s basically just commitment really

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 2:42 Quote

Anyone seen a frame looking like this?
This is from the scandinavian wallmartish store.
They usually get other manufacturers to make their stuff, so i wonder if this is made by a decent manufacturer.
This one looks kinda nice, the price is decent aswell.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
red-m9 wrote:
So what you are saying is they are better than eyelets in rims? I am not so sure as I have never used them, have always bought rims with eyelets (except some spanks when they were first released that didn’t use eyelets or washers). Yeah have done a lot reading on them and they do have some pros. Its also about having to use the alloy squorx nipples supplied with them as I have always used brass nipples. I know you can buy brass ones but that just adds on more dollars to the wheel build. Just after some opinions and some feedback from riders running either of these rims. Funny enough still leaning towards the FR’s.

I would be hard pressed to tell you they are better simply based on eyelet vs washer, though the PHR washers due to their surface area, may do a better job at spreading the load around the spoke hole.

I have never had an issue with alloy nipples, and I have built an awful lot of them. Literally hundreds of wheels with alloy nipples and not once has someone come back with one broken. The key thing with alloy nipples is sizing the spoke properly. Brass are more tolerant to bad spoke calculation and poor building. 64 brass nipples isn't going to cost much, if that is a deciding factor.

25mm width is fine. There are still guys riding these on the Enduro and DH world Cup circuits on 2.5" tires. For a 2.3" tire, 25mm is pretty much perfect IMHO. And as you have said, they are lighter which is a bonus. They have a very good strength to weight ratio, those EX 471's. Pretty compelling for a DJ bike, I think.

I can agree with this. I personally Built some wheels for my DJ bike using DT-Swiss ex471's, alloy nipples, nipple washers, and DT-Swiss Competition Double butted spokes. and they came out stellar. One later they are running strong.

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 17:13 Quote
Blackwalls at last
Blackwalls at last

Bye bye tanwalls
Bye bye tanwalls

Cleaned up with the new Maxxis DTH
Cleaned up with the new Maxxis DTH

Finally upgraded from the old Kenda Tan walls. New Maxxis DTH in 2.3 width.

2018 NS METROPOLIS 1 all ready to get dirty!

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
Where can I get a set of those bars? Can’t seem to find them anywhere.

That build looks super clean by the way

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
Hitting the chopping block Cry

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
Hey guys, looking for some big ol bars. 800+ width, 1.5-2.5" rise (38-50), either clamp is fine but slight preference for 31.8mm. Definitely aluminum, definitely stronk (DH/DJ/slope product series ideally)

I've always run Deity bars and they've got the Black Label that checks all these boxes. Maybe there's something sicker though?

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Hey guys, looking for some big ol bars. 800+ width, 1.5-2.5" rise (38-50), either clamp is fine but slight preference for 31.8mm. Definitely aluminum, definitely stronk (DH/DJ/slope product series ideally)

I've always run Deity bars and they've got the Black Label that checks all these boxes. Maybe there's something sicker though?
Chromag FU40 or FU50 check the boxes too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017958
Mobile Version of Website