Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 3:41 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
Jph98 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Does anyone know what model Matt Jones fork is based on? I presume it’s 27.5 lowers


It's based on the RXF36, you can buy them from Brink in the UK

https://brink.uk/ohlins-rxf36-evo-dj

exactly what i said a couple of posts before lol Big Grin

Facepalm sorry dude, didn't realise there was another page to the thread when I replied so hadn't seen yours!

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 3:42 Quote
Jph98 wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
Jph98 wrote:


It's based on the RXF36, you can buy them from Brink in the UK

https://brink.uk/ohlins-rxf36-evo-dj

exactly what i said a couple of posts before lol Big Grin

Facepalm sorry dude, didn't realise there was another page to the thread when I replied so hadn't seen yours!

hahaha, no drama's mate tup

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Reserved a YT DL ($1500) that wont be available until Nov. I have no problem waiting, but I started looking to see what's available locally in the meantime and found that I can get a Transition PBJ ($1800?) later this summer, or a Pivot Point ($1600) today. I like the value of the YT, but I want the bike that is going to work best for me above all else. I'm a mtb rider and I'm looking at a DJ because I destroyed my ht mtb riding street on it. There are also some new pump tracks and dirt jump lines being built nearby that I plan to ride. I'm 6' tall and I guess with my mtb background and since skateparks would probably be my last use case, I've been looking at the long sizes where available. The YT has a 615TT, 435 reach, 400 chainstay, 1087 wheelbase. PBJ is 625, 440, 388, 1087. PP is 605, 425, 385, 1060.
I would think that any of these would work and I'm kind of splitting hairs, but does anyone have suggestions on things I should consider? The Pivot is the only bike that I could go and sit on today, and I may to get an idea of the sizing, but I feel like I'm leaning towards the other two bikes based on the numbers currently.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
dookeh wrote:
Reserved a YT DL ($1500) that wont be available until Nov. I have no problem waiting, but I started looking to see what's available locally in the meantime and found that I can get a Transition PBJ ($1800?) later this summer, or a Pivot Point ($1600) today. I like the value of the YT, but I want the bike that is going to work best for me above all else. I'm a mtb rider and I'm looking at a DJ because I destroyed my ht mtb riding street on it. There are also some new pump tracks and dirt jump lines being built nearby that I plan to ride. I'm 6' tall and I guess with my mtb background and since skateparks would probably be my last use case, I've been looking at the long sizes where available. The YT has a 615TT, 435 reach, 400 chainstay, 1087 wheelbase. PBJ is 625, 440, 388, 1087. PP is 605, 425, 385, 1060.
I would think that any of these would work and I'm kind of splitting hairs, but does anyone have suggestions on things I should consider? The Pivot is the only bike that I could go and sit on today, and I may to get an idea of the sizing, but I feel like I'm leaning towards the other two bikes based on the numbers currently.
I have the PBJ and I love it!! I am 5'6" and I am on a size short and it feels great. I was in the same predicament as you and I am using mine for the same things oyu will use yours for and I highly recommend it.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 11:09 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
I have the PBJ and I love it!! I am 5'6" and I am on a size short and it feels great. I was in the same predicament as you and I am using mine for the same things oyu will use yours for and I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the insight!

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
No problem! I have an old ht and I THRASHED THE CRAP out of it. The pbj is great for riding street and skateparks.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 12:41 Quote
dookeh wrote:
Reserved a YT DL ($1500) that wont be available until Nov. I have no problem waiting, but I started looking to see what's available locally in the meantime and found that I can get a Transition PBJ ($1800?) later this summer, or a Pivot Point ($1600) today. I like the value of the YT, but I want the bike that is going to work best for me above all else. I'm a mtb rider and I'm looking at a DJ because I destroyed my ht mtb riding street on it. There are also some new pump tracks and dirt jump lines being built nearby that I plan to ride. I'm 6' tall and I guess with my mtb background and since skateparks would probably be my last use case, I've been looking at the long sizes where available. The YT has a 615TT, 435 reach, 400 chainstay, 1087 wheelbase. PBJ is 625, 440, 388, 1087. PP is 605, 425, 385, 1060.
I would think that any of these would work and I'm kind of splitting hairs, but does anyone have suggestions on things I should consider? The Pivot is the only bike that I could go and sit on today, and I may to get an idea of the sizing, but I feel like I'm leaning towards the other two bikes based on the numbers currently.

I'm 5'11" and ride a short PBJ that I've had for a year. It's awesome for me, I tried out a long for a couple runs a few weeks ago and was not a fan of the longer wheelbase. I would always go for a shorter, more maneuverable bike for jumps. I also run 20mm of spacers under a 50mm riser bar, which I think helps the fit a lot.

I ride dirt jumps mostly, but I rode some street and skate park on the PBJ this winter and it was awesome. I wouldn't recommend the PBJ to someone who was trying to ride street full time, but it's great for the basics and having fun. We just got a velosolutions pump track here, and of course the PBJ is great for that as well.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 16:22 Quote
Just recently got a new dj, a Cachet Zoo. Got it off of a guy for 1650 cad. Absolute steal, great bike.

On the other hand, the tires dont have a whole lot of grip on the street and I want some dth's for it. Anyone in the lower mainland of bc have some DTH's you'd trade for some Bontrager G-Zero's?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
dookeh wrote:
Reserved a YT DL ($1500) that wont be available until Nov. I have no problem waiting, but I started looking to see what's available locally in the meantime and found that I can get a Transition PBJ ($1800?) later this summer, or a Pivot Point ($1600) today. I like the value of the YT, but I want the bike that is going to work best for me above all else. I'm a mtb rider and I'm looking at a DJ because I destroyed my ht mtb riding street on it. There are also some new pump tracks and dirt jump lines being built nearby that I plan to ride. I'm 6' tall and I guess with my mtb background and since skateparks would probably be my last use case, I've been looking at the long sizes where available. The YT has a 615TT, 435 reach, 400 chainstay, 1087 wheelbase. PBJ is 625, 440, 388, 1087. PP is 605, 425, 385, 1060.
I would think that any of these would work and I'm kind of splitting hairs, but does anyone have suggestions on things I should consider? The Pivot is the only bike that I could go and sit on today, and I may to get an idea of the sizing, but I feel like I'm leaning towards the other two bikes based on the numbers currently.

Get whatever allows you to ride already, it dj hardtail, all options are decent;

It is more about riding rather waiting

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
Dang, when did I miss DJ bikes getting really expensive? I thought a decent DJ was still like $800. Haha. My bike is like new, but I feel like if I sold it I wouldn’t ask nearly that much.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 20:05 Quote
nickmalysh wrote:
dookeh wrote:
Reserved a YT DL ($1500) that wont be available until Nov. I have no problem waiting, but I started looking to see what's available locally in the meantime and found that I can get a Transition PBJ ($1800?) later this summer, or a Pivot Point ($1600) today. I like the value of the YT, but I want the bike that is going to work best for me above all else. I'm a mtb rider and I'm looking at a DJ because I destroyed my ht mtb riding street on it. There are also some new pump tracks and dirt jump lines being built nearby that I plan to ride. I'm 6' tall and I guess with my mtb background and since skateparks would probably be my last use case, I've been looking at the long sizes where available. The YT has a 615TT, 435 reach, 400 chainstay, 1087 wheelbase. PBJ is 625, 440, 388, 1087. PP is 605, 425, 385, 1060.
I would think that any of these would work and I'm kind of splitting hairs, but does anyone have suggestions on things I should consider? The Pivot is the only bike that I could go and sit on today, and I may to get an idea of the sizing, but I feel like I'm leaning towards the other two bikes based on the numbers currently.

Get whatever allows you to ride already, it dj hardtail, all options are decent;

It is more about riding rather waiting
I would normally agree but I don't really need this bike right away since I'm busy riding park and trail. I expected it to take a long time to get a new bike, so I'd rather get the right one than the first one available. I bought an old, used trek ticket years ago and I hated it--it felt too small and the chainstays were massive. It never got ridden and I eventually got rid of it. I'd rather not make that mistake again.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:24 Quote
dookeh wrote:
nickmalysh wrote:
dookeh wrote:
Reserved a YT DL ($1500) that wont be available until Nov. I have no problem waiting, but I started looking to see what's available locally in the meantime and found that I can get a Transition PBJ ($1800?) later this summer, or a Pivot Point ($1600) today. I like the value of the YT, but I want the bike that is going to work best for me above all else. I'm a mtb rider and I'm looking at a DJ because I destroyed my ht mtb riding street on it. There are also some new pump tracks and dirt jump lines being built nearby that I plan to ride. I'm 6' tall and I guess with my mtb background and since skateparks would probably be my last use case, I've been looking at the long sizes where available. The YT has a 615TT, 435 reach, 400 chainstay, 1087 wheelbase. PBJ is 625, 440, 388, 1087. PP is 605, 425, 385, 1060.
I would think that any of these would work and I'm kind of splitting hairs, but does anyone have suggestions on things I should consider? The Pivot is the only bike that I could go and sit on today, and I may to get an idea of the sizing, but I feel like I'm leaning towards the other two bikes based on the numbers currently.

Get whatever allows you to ride already, it dj hardtail, all options are decent;

It is more about riding rather waiting
I would normally agree but I don't really need this bike right away since I'm busy riding park and trail. I expected it to take a long time to get a new bike, so I'd rather get the right one than the first one available. I bought an old, used trek ticket years ago and I hated it--it felt too small and the chainstays were massive. It never got ridden and I eventually got rid of it. I'd rather not make that mistake again.

PBJ sounds right

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:25 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Dang, when did I miss DJ bikes getting really expensive? I thought a decent DJ was still like $800. Haha. My bike is like new, but I feel like if I sold it I wouldn’t ask nearly that much.

You can bike dj within 1k$ budget or less

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 0:46 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
Just recently got a new dj, a Cachet Zoo. Got it off of a guy for 1650 cad. Absolute steal, great bike.

On the other hand, the tires dont have a whole lot of grip on the street and I want some dth's for it. Anyone in the lower mainland of bc have some DTH's you'd trade for some Bontrager G-Zero's?

damn! if i was in BC id go for that swap!

awesome bike by the way, love Cachet!

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
What we thinking of the Cannondale Dave then? I like how its specced with BMX cranks and it looks alright


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016966
Mobile Version of Website