Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
kennyken1015 wrote:
T4THH wrote:
What we thinking of the Cannondale Dave then? I like how its specced with BMX cranks and it looks alright

zero out of ten for originality!

I'd have thought a company such as Cannondale would have made something from scratch. Just feels like they are trying to jump on some sort of hype train to look cool because they have the 50 to 01 crew on board. Lazy but I see why they have done it and it does look better than the GT aesthetically.

Hard agree, I guess the appeal is the 50/01 spec list, but it doesn't have the Rasta saddle

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
T4THH wrote:
What we thinking of the Cannondale Dave then? I like how its specced with BMX cranks and it looks alright

Really cool to have another DJ bike on the market, but to me it's fallen a bit flat.

Rebranded GT frame, Circus forks and then generic components just seems really boring. The only interesting bit is their links with 50:01 imo.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
slopestyleworldwide wrote:
damn! if i was in BC id go for that swap!

awesome bike by the way, love Cachet!
Thanks! I am super happy with it, so far it feels and rides absolutely amazing. Very weird to ride with it being so light though.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
Hi
I currently have and old giant stp but am looking to upgrade to a better DJ/pump track bike. Does anyone have any suggestions for a bike and what to spend as I'm really not sure
Thanks

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:52 Quote
Also just seen the Dave , think it looks pretty sweet. Decent to have rockshock pikes on a one grand bike . No clue why they chose the name though

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
kennyken1015 wrote:
T4THH wrote:

This. I was done looking at it after about 1.3 seconds.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
Arandomkid wrote:
Also just seen the Dave , think it looks pretty sweet. Decent to have rockshock pikes on a one grand bike . No clue why they chose the name though
It has a manitou DJ fork, not the Rockshox Pike. The YT dirt Love is a great price at only 1350 usd and it has a pike and a good brake/wheel set. If you’re willing to spen a little more the Transition PBJ is great too. I have on and I LOVE it!

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
Draggon wrote:
kennyken1015 wrote:
T4THH wrote:

tbh, a standar cookie cutter available for a decent price dirt jumper is what the market needs right now. It's a safe bet and tbh most DJers end up looking like that anyway

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Draggon wrote:
kennyken1015 wrote:

tbh, a standar cookie cutter available for a decent price dirt jumper is what the market needs right now. It's a safe bet and tbh most DJers end up looking like that anyway

This is a very good point.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Draggon wrote:
kennyken1015 wrote:

yup, plus 3 different sizes and the Large actually has reach somewhere around 440ish I think. I'd ride one but painted GT blue/yellow or the green. It's actually on my short list of frames if I ever decide to go back to hardtail. Plus Max and Brage riding these and they're both awesome for the sport.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 18:53 Quote
Imho, cromo frame will be much better for generic street /dirt /pump riding;

Alu good for competing pumptrack /4x

I would choose day and night cro mo

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
Chromo for park and street where dents are common, alu and chromo depending on what you like otherwise. That being said, I ride an alu dj at the park, and it's been perfectly fine.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
Yeah. Would’ve preferred to see a cromo frame.

Nothing too special about it but I guess it’s another option for the market.

I like the 50-1 crew so I guess that’s cool.

Just my £.02

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
Draggon wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Draggon wrote:

This is a very good point.

Yeah. Doesn't look special, but doesn't look bad either. It would be a solid option if I were considering getting into a stock DJ build. My opinion anyway

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 22:53 Quote
alexey-t wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Draggon wrote:

yup, plus 3 different sizes and the Large actually has reach somewhere around 440ish I think. I'd ride one but painted GT blue/yellow or the green. It's actually on my short list of frames if I ever decide to go back to hardtail. Plus Max and Brage riding these and they're both awesome for the sport.

It's one size only

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.050824
Mobile Version of Website