Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
johnski15 wrote:
Just need a bit of advice.

Is anyone running a Hope pro 4 Single Speed hub on their DJ?

If so, what single speed cog kit are you using?

Thanks, Johnny

Me, I am using the CyclingDeal Conversion Kit.
Bought it from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/CyclingDeal-Conversion-Compatible-Shimano-Adaptor/dp/B07QR7CYZN

Very good money for value. Running it for 2 years now without issues. Also it's cheaper than the reverse components (all their products are overpriced).

Thanks! I'll probably splurge and grab the V12's then.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
Nobble wrote:
johnski15 wrote:

Thanks, Johnny
I got the Reverse components kit because the purple matched Hope purple pretty well and the SS cog it came with had a nice wide interface with thew freehub.

whatever spacer kit you get, make sure you get a cog with a wide base such as the halo fat-foot or the one in the reverse kit.

Thanks!!

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
johnski15 wrote:

Thanks, Johnny

Me, I am using the CyclingDeal Conversion Kit.
Bought it from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/CyclingDeal-Conversion-Compatible-Shimano-Adaptor/dp/B07QR7CYZN

Very good money for value. Running it for 2 years now without issues. Also it's cheaper than the reverse components (all their products are overpriced).

Thanks!!!

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 2:08 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
Definitely get a wider cog,

Depends what his sprocket upfront is.

I am running 28t-12t.
Which gives me a ratio of 2.33.

not sure on other brands but, Gusset an Halo cogs with the wider fittment have 12-18th so that should cover most sizes for both BMX or MTB chain.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
So as I wanted to go and get new chain so I could position my back wheel better in dropouts, while commuting to work today, my Saint cranks decided to somehow brake like this. Probably nothing I can do here as the spider I think is not changeable. What do you recommend for new cranks as I don't understand new standarts like DUB, boost, Eagle etc.
Broken Saint crank

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
Does anyone have a firm opinion on the best way to make a DJer feel/ride like a larger DJer (besides increasing frame size)?

Increasing handlebar width?

Increasing handlebar rise?

Increasing stem length?

Something else?

Some combination of several/all above?

edit: Recently repurposed a 2005 Size Small Devinci Kicker into a pumptrack bike and I'm 5"9

The handlebar I'm using is probably 750mm wide, almost completely flat, and little sweep. Stem is probably 35mm long.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 21:28 Quote
Slamming the stem will give more actual reach. An then yeah, all of the above.
lowering the front end eg: shorter travel fork will have the same effect.
I recently dropped my stem on the DH bike for more reach. a 15mm drop gave me 6mm more reach but that's with a DH 64' head angle a DJ will be stepper an have slightly less effect

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
Does gabo still weld them?

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Does gabo still weld them?

No not anymore

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
They went to TW, which was the sensible choice.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 7:32 Quote
Can anyone give me some real-world information on the Airdrop Fade frame.

At one size and a 430mm reach, I'm concerned that it will feel too big for me at 168cm tall.

I'd love to ride a British brand (just support the lads from where I live in South Yorkshire) and I love the Raw frame - but just can't get over the reach factor.

Does it really fell long?

Thanks

John

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
johnski15 wrote:

At one size and a 430mm reach, I'm concerned that it will feel too big for me at 168cm tall.

I'd love to ride a British brand (just support the lads from where I live in South Yorkshire) and I love the Raw frame - but just can't get over the reach factor.

Thanks

John
I'm 177cm and I've just bought a Fade. I'm running a 30mm Stem. The fit for me is perfect...just! (coming from BMX first then MTB) I ride skate park mostly so find the Fade only just short enough while for dirt is, for me, the perfect length.

For comparison, I've gone from a Dartmoor Two6 Player (long) which is a tiny bit but longer than the Airdrop and there's not much in it, but I definitely struggled to do rotational tricks and manuals on the Dartmoor compared to the Airdrop. At your height, I would defo try one first as £350 is a lot to drop on something that might be too big for you.

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
kennyken1015 wrote:
johnski15 wrote:

Thanks

John
I'm 177cm and I've just bought a Fade. I'm running a 30mm Stem. The fit for me is perfect...just! (coming from BMX first then MTB) I ride skate park mostly so find the Fade only just short enough while for dirt is, for me, the perfect length.

For comparison, I've gone from a Dartmoor Two6 Player (long) which is a tiny bit but longer than the Airdrop and there's not much in it, but I definitely struggled to do rotational tricks and manuals on the Dartmoor compared to the Airdrop. At your height, I would defo try one first as £350 is a lot to drop on something that might be too big for you.

Thanks for that - Appreciate it. I think it's too long to be honest - I've seen your Dartmoor looks great. On that point where do you ride in Sheffield? My lads are loving their Alcatraz's and I'd like to take them some more places - I've been down to Charnock, they loved that - So, did I!!

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
johnski15 wrote:
kennyken1015 wrote:
johnski15 wrote:

Thanks

John

Thanks for that - Appreciate it. I think it's too long to be honest - I've seen your Dartmoor looks great. On that point where do you ride in Sheffield? My lads are loving their Alcatraz's and I'd like to take them some more places - I've been down to Charnock, they loved that - So, did I!!

Charnocks just round the corner from me, I'm shit on dirt but still learning lol.

I ride Devonshire Green the most (City center) and Cooksons (when I feel like a change) outdoor concrete.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025195
Mobile Version of Website