close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
They went to TW, which was the sensible choice.
TW as in taiwan?

Correct me if wrong

They went from a reputable welder, who was there in the golden age of dobberman, with a frame that sold for 800CAD (v1)

And now they are mass producing them in taiwan and selling it for more !?! (850$)

If this is the case

Am I the only one seeing the dick punch here?

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
jespinal wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
TW as in taiwan?

Correct me if wrong

They went from a reputable welder, who was there in the golden age of dobberman, with a frame that sold for 800CAD (v1)

And now they are mass producing them in taiwan and selling it for more !?! (850$)

If this is the case

I'm not sure if you are aware, but reputable welder is one thing, and supply is another.

I know people who have waited months, if not years to get a frame from that guy. Not saying his product isn't great, but the timeline to get it made by him is just not feasible if you are trying to run a business of actually selling a quantity of frames.

If you can find a great TW manufacturer, that has a good warranty policy and will do your geometry specs.... It's a no brainer to go that route if people want your frame and you previously struggled to supply it to people due to a more unreliable supply.

In today's supply dynamics, that's definitely the sensible choice.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
I miss going to Interbike and getting to f*ck with Gabbo. Those were the days. Frown Frown Frown

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
jespinal wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
TW as in taiwan?

Correct me if wrong

If this is the case

As someone that use to sell Dob, the reports of them being high quality are/were vastly exaggerated. Adding on complications and delays, Taiwan is kind of the way.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
jespinal wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
TW as in taiwan?

Correct me if wrong

If this is the case

Or maybe the V1 was a bargain for a frame handmade in Canada, and now the price is about right?

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
jespinal wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
TW as in taiwan?

Correct me if wrong

If this is the case

I'm not sure if you are aware, but reputable welder is one thing, and supply is another.

I know people who have waited months, if not years to get a frame from that guy. Not saying his product isn't great, but the timeline to get it made by him is just not feasible if you are trying to run a business of actually selling a quantity of frames.

If you can find a great TW manufacturer, that has a good warranty policy and will do your geometry specs.... It's a no brainer to go that route if people want your frame and you previously struggled to supply it to people due to a more unreliable supply.

In today's supply dynamics, that's definitely the sensible choice.

That's about right. Gabo makes awesome bikes, but he's into custom work, not mass production.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
jespinal wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
TW as in taiwan?

Correct me if wrong

If this is the case

Why would you see any of that as a dick punch? You're not the welder.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 14:48 Quote
I'm just seeing good business.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Did a lil thing

Views: 290    Faves: 2    Comments: 2

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
Nice, I do those all the time, just not on purpose....

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 0:03 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:

Haha.

Thanks guys

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:

lol guilty as charged Redface

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
Sweet Banshee

track looks like a lot of fun

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016651
Mobile Version of Website