PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
zarathai wrote:
2021 Void Am I talking about the bike or my emotional state
2021 Void: Am I talking about the bike or my emotional state

New wheelset built with a new chainring and chain on order
New wheelset built with a new chainring and chain on order

Getting back into dirt jumping, decided to finally get the parts I couldn't afford when I was younger. According to my luggage scale that I tied to a runner in the basement, bike weighs 25.75 lb.
see ya at Jordie Lunn park with that thing, but also consider cutting your bars,

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 21:29 Quote
alexey-t wrote:
see ya at Jordie Lunn park with that thing, but also consider cutting your bars,

Any particular reason to trim the bars? I find em fairly comfy with my large frame at the full width but there's nothing that can't be improved upon.

e: By large frame I was referring to my physical build (tall, wide, and fat), not the bike lmao

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
Nice bike! Love the fade.

If you are comfortable with the bars just leave them. You can try longer push-on grips to see if you prefer grabbing the bars further in. I tend to like more narrow bars on my dj, but that is just me.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
photo

Was at my local bike shop picking up tires for my mountain bike and happened across this in the back corner!

I have Holy Rollers on my P Slope right now with plenty of life but kinda wanna try this out to feel the hype. Shame I could only get one. Maybe a Billy Bonkers to go with it?

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
mnguyen1224 wrote:
photo

Was at my local bike shop picking up tires for my mountain bike and happened across this in the back corner!

I have Holy Rollers on my P Slope right now with plenty of life but kinda wanna try this out to feel the hype. Shame I could only get one. Maybe a Billy Bonkers to go with it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363603604491?hash=item54a876b40b:g:NFoAAOSwf9dhY2j~]https://www.ebay.com/itm/363603604491?hash=item54a876b40b:g:NFoAAOSwf9dhY2j~[/L]

Can find them on eBay from time to time.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 23:41 Quote
photo
New frame, old parts. Much better being on steel again.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
Hello Fellas! I´m rocking currently some Schwalbe Table Tops on my Specialized P2. They are kind of worn out, so I need a switch. Table Tops are discontinued. I need tanwall tires. Heard of the newer Billy Bonkers... are they good? Or Maxxis DTH? I´ll take any suggestions!

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
Never heard anything bad about dths. I have heard mixed opinions on billy bonkers though

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
Never heard anything bad about dths. I have heard mixed opinions on billy bonkers though

Thanks for the answer. Do you have any other suggestions? I never rode the DTHs but I would give it a try. What about the stuff from other brands like Kenda?

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
MercurialSw1ft wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

Thanks for the answer. Do you have any other suggestions? I never rode the DTHs but I would give it a try. What about the stuff from other brands like Kenda?

The three sixty pros are also an option but they have a vice versa of the tan wall. (The tan is on the tire and wall is black)

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
MercurialSw1ft wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

Currently running Tioga factory FS100 2.3's front and back for dirt jumps. They're fast and lite. I haven't had any issues with grip on loose over hardpack but might try a nobbier tire in the front.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
MercurialSw1ft wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

dont get k rads

i ride vans cults at the moment.. They look reaally nice but they arent made for anything loose

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
yes, don't get k rads

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
The Billy Bonkers seems harder to get. At least the DTH is available currently in Canada at some places.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044807
Mobile Version of Website