close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 20:52 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
jespinal wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
Last time I got drunk at the trails with the intention of riding I drop kicked a blackboy and fractured my foot.

And I just realised how that sounds to anyone not from Australia lol

Some people my friends know can only ride well after sinking a case, I guess they don't call it liquid courage for nothing
Das kinda racist

I'll be honest I boost shit way better with a vouple cans in my system

Yeah they changed the name because of that.. It’s now called a grass tree. They’re black with a tuft of grass coming out the top.

Off topic but, sounds like it might be nothing to do with race but, back in't day.. child chimney sweeps were called 'black boys' because they were often covered in soot. Maybe this tree looked like a sweeps brush? There's a pub in my town the black boy that recently had to change its name due to this very issue an the current state of sjw offence politics
Back on topic, when I was younger an riding BMX mini ramp tech I would lean an progress so much riding hung over !!!

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Everything I wanted in a Scotch; I found in Bourbon.
Everything I wanted in a Bourbon; I found in Rum.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Little update to my SX

Slightly different setup for the drivetrain, bottom roller guide for chain tension / cassette spacer to prevent the chain from jumping off the sproket. I would occasionally lose the chain on an overshoot or 360.

Chromag 50mm bars, more comfortable for me. Bike Yoke SX link which solves the issue of the proprietary link always coming loose and creaking - hyped you can even still buy this as I was starting to feel that the frame had a serious weakness. Pretty happy with it for the moment its sitting at about 31.5lbs - want to change a few things but happy for now.

2009 Specialized SX - custom build

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 14:33 Quote
Love this thing. Normally lurk in the 4x bike thread but it really belongs here.
MY21 Absolut, Pro4 SS to 471 rear wheel, Nukeproof Generator front, Renthal cockpit, XT crank and XTR brake, Kashima 32, Thompson post and clamp, SDG Tifly saddle, Chromag Contact flats, Maxxis DTH rubber.

Here is my old Nukeproof that I did a DIY paint job on at the beginning of covid lockdowns. This bike is long gone now with some of the parts being kept for the Absolut above. The slack head angle and long chainstay wasn't really ideal for pump track riding which is what I do 95% of the time on these kinds of bike.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Hi quite new to DJ had brought a giant stp secondhand but it was all going wrong so I sold it. Slightly put off buying secondhand again so I would like to know what would be best out of the mafia blackjack d, Saracen amplitude cr2 and the octane one melt. Or does anyone think I should buy a high grade bike second hand for the same price.
Thanks

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 23:26 Quote
I’d avoid the mafia for a start.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 23:33 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
ok thanks the zoom brakes and steel frame were starting to put me off.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 2:00 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

Don't let a steel frame put you off, the Saracen you're looking at is steel and that would be my choice out of the 3.
Either the Saracen or the Octaine One will be fine bikes. The mafia is a pos thats roughly the same shape as a jump bike

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
my dj has rim brakes and is a kids bike frame XD

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
Thank all for the advice

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
stoobot wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

Don't let a steel frame put you off, the Saracen you're looking at is steel and that would be my choice out of the 3.
Either the Saracen or the Octaine One will be fine bikes. The mafia is a pos thats roughly the same shape as a jump bike
yeh I like the Saracen because it’s cro mo but I don’t know if the mafia is

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
I’ve also got this old Saracen 2008 24” with lots of up grades and stuff like Sunday sprocket, marazocchi forks and deity stem to sell to fund my new bike does anyone have any ideas what it is worth?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
Got it up for 125 currently is that to cheap?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
It’s a little broken as the freewheel doesn’t work though

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
stoobot wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:

yeh I like the Saracen because it’s cro mo but I don’t know if the mafia is

the mafia is just cheap HiTen steel. It will be a backwards step from the old saracen you've been riding

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020066
Mobile Version of Website