close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
I’d avoid the mafia for a start.
ok thanks the zoom brakes and steel frame were starting to put me off.

Eeeh. I mean. Brakes aren’t that important (at least to me) and steel is where it’s at. Chromoly at least. Hi ten is less than ideal. Mafia parts can be a bit hit and miss. I’ve had a few threaded stems bent sprockets and forks

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
I’d avoid the mafia for a start.

Eeeh. I mean. Brakes aren’t that important (at least to me) and steel is where it’s at. Chromoly at least. Hi ten is less than ideal. Mafia parts can be a bit hit and miss. I’ve had a few threaded stems bent sprockets and forks
ok thanks
Your bike is sweet by the way.
Do u have any idea how much that saracens worth?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:

ok thanks

Thanks man.

From what I’ve seen, they seem to be about £599 new but they do come with rst forks. Not checked if bearings are sealed and spore let material etc. It may be worth checking if there are any nice used deals before pulling the trigger on a new rig. Also, I’m not sure if the horrendous wait times from manufacturers are still here so used may be a better option if you want to try and ride pretty soon (weather permitting….)

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:

ok thanks

Thanks man.

From what I’ve seen, they seem to be about £599 new but they do come with rst forks. Not checked if bearings are sealed and spore let material etc. It may be worth checking if there are any nice used deals before pulling the trigger on a new rig. Also, I’m not sure if the horrendous wait times from manufacturers are still here so used may be a better option if you want to try and ride pretty soon (weather permitting….)
thanks so much your advise has been super helpful

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Looking at a proper jumper. Deciding between Commencal Absolute RS or YT Dirt Love. Any suggestions?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
Transition PBJ. Love this bike. Great for everything and the frame is SUPER tough
double-fifty wrote:
Looking at a proper jumper. Deciding between Commencal Absolute RS or YT Dirt Love. Any suggestions?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
you are very lucky to have both of these bikes in your price range. I would take them for a test ride, if the yt rolling circus comes around, but both are great options

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Hi quite new to DJ had brought a giant stp secondhand but it was all going wrong so I sold it. Slightly put off buying secondhand again so I would like to know what would be best out of the mafia blackjack d, Saracen amplitude cr2 and the octane one melt. Or does anyone think I should buy a high grade bike second hand for the same price.
Thanks

I have just built octane one Zircus...u can get the frame for £160 new

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
Long and X-Long PBJ completes are in stock according to the transition website.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Nobble wrote:
double-fifty wrote:
Long and X-Long PBJ completes are in stock according to the transition website.
I’m barely 5’10” so those a bit big. Size M standard Absolute in stock with decent fork. YT preorder only 10% upfront, good fork and components.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Transition PBJ. Love this bike. Great for everything and the frame is SUPER tough
double-fifty wrote:
The long PBJ may work. Non tapered head tube, it looks like?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 17:47 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
It's a straight 44mm ht. Upper cup is a zs, lower is ec (for tapered). You can easily run either straight or tapered with this.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 17:59 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
double-fifty wrote:
It's a straight 44mm ht. Upper cup is a zs, lower is ec (for tapered). You can easily run either straight or tapered with this.
No gyro mount holes? Maybe I’m looking at the picture too hard

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
Should be easy enough to work around with a press-in upper headset cup though

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:10 Quote
Does anyone know if 350 is a good price to pay for a Dartmoor 24 player 2015 as I’m probably going to pick one up tmrw
Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015271
Mobile Version of Website